THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Oh here's something! So seems like its better to fill the magazine with propane without any oil. So that means none of the Airsoft Innovations oil thats provided with the propane adapter? Wouldn't the o-rings dry out? Or do you guys just dabble some thick silicone oil around the fill and release valves?

10 hours ago, Snippy said:

Oh here's something! So seems like its better to fill the magazine with propane without any oil. So that means none of the Airsoft Innovations oil thats provided with the propane adapter? Wouldn't the o-rings dry out? Or do you guys just dabble some thick silicone oil around the fill and release valves?

I do that between game days, or fill them with an oil-gas mix and purge prior to playing. A lot of people (as you may have recently seen on this thread) really rate GunSav, which I haven't tried yet, but sounds like just the ticket. I tried Molykote in the past when I used to run GHKs and WEs, and that seemed to work great, but it was a bit messy and if you accidentally applied too much and left it, it would go brown and start to smell...

With my MWS, just applying a drop of oil once every 3 months or so seems to be enough and the seals have held up really well compared to other competitors in GBBR world.

Its fine to run them 'dry' as long as you keep that piston lubed otherwise yould have cycling issues, then make sure to partially fill the mags with 'maintenance gas' when in storage / not playing with it.

The gun will actually be more consistent / accurate with dry gas because the buckings friction will not change depending on how much or little suspended lube gets on it.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Its fine to run them 'dry' as long as you keep that piston lubed otherwise yould have cycling issues, then make sure to partially fill the mags with 'maintenance gas' when in storage / not playing with it.

The gun will actually be more consistent / accurate with dry gas because the buckings friction will not change depending on how much or little suspended lube gets on it.

I fully concur and can confirm this. Seriously, I have had ZERO issues with leaks and I almost exclusively run propane. Drop of oil every month or two for the mags, keep the piston cup lubed and you are golden.

On a side note Dave, I ordered a tan modify bucking and I am having great results with it with 1-2k rounds through it at this point. Will report if it starts falling apart, but maybe I've gotten an older varient or the QC has gotten better...VERY accurate and better in the cold than the stock bucking.

42 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, performance has never been an issue with the Modify tans. The durability on the other hand… for a bucking as costly as they are I struggle to justify how long they survive on average.

Can you give an approximate round count?

2 hours ago, scar527 said:

Can you give an approximate round count?

I've had ranging from the 500 mark up to perhaps 3000ish, having gone through probably 4 of them. Too wide a range without enough of a sample size to present anything other than anecdotal evidence, but at £13-15 a pop I just never felt like I was getting great value out of what is ultimately a consumable part.

On 02/02/2022 at 23:24, alxndrhll said:

I've had ranging from the 500 mark up to perhaps 3000ish, having gone through probably 4 of them. Too wide a range without enough of a sample size to present anything other than anecdotal evidence, but at £13-15 a pop I just never felt like I was getting great value out of what is ultimately a consumable part.

I ditched my Modify Tan after a couple of hundred shots.... I found the lip started to disintegrate so went back to the Marui bucking. Have to be honest I can't fault the Marui bucking... It does what it says on the Tin and I've done about 1000 shot's through it with no issues..

10 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I ditched my Modify Tan after a couple of hundred shots.... I found the lip started to disintegrate so went back to the Marui bucking. Have to be honest I can't fault the Marui bucking... It does what it says on the Tin and I've done about 1000 shot's through it with no issues..

I like the original bucking, just had some issues in the colder weather with accuracy. Several thousand rounds in on the Modify tan and its working well for now- I've also got a handguard that allows for removal and hop/barrel swap in under 3 minutes so swapping a bucking isn't the worst thing in the world for me...but we'll see how long this one lasts

heey! I have an original TM bolt carrier. I have now bought a used bolt carrier without a nozzle. want to buy another nozzle. which one do you recommend? t8, angry gun, g&p or guns modify. Can't find an original TM anywhere. otherwise my tm is completely standard. with kind regards Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

This thread has slowly become a behemoth lol, and I’m struggling to see which advice is correct so asking the question.

Have a big standard MWS that I’m looking to get more from. I’ve bought the modify tan bucking, six g nub, and an npas from eBay.

What barrel length, and bore should I use to get close to 350 fps? I believe standard length is 250mm, what length can I get in the standard M4?

Thanks

What @davegolf said. Only thing I'd add to your list is a spare nozzle return spring, 150% if you can find one. Don't change anything else other than what you listed above, and honestly I love my tan modify but you could run the stock bucking for ages before it wears out(Mine lasted 10K rounds, Modify is the same great accuracy just better in the cold than rubber, wears out faster though)

Finally managed to grab some used mags locally around here in Canada! Sadly got one that leaks. I see you many have mentioned the use of Gunsav lube, and managed to source some here! It's so thick so I safely assume this is best used for a full tear down of the mag and applying it all over the seals and o-rings?

Edited by Snippy

21 hours ago, Snippy said:

Finally managed to grab some used mags locally around here in Canada! Sadly got one that leaks. I see you many have mentioned the use of Gunsav lube, and managed to source some here! It's so thick so I safely assume this is best used for a full tear down of the mag and applying it all over the seals and o-rings?

Erm I wouldn't apply that to the Mag seals / O rings buddy... Either get new O rings and seals or some Abbey maintenance gas in the first instance.... Or even some silicon oil... The pink stuff is best to use on the piston.

22 hours ago, Snippy said:

Precisely as @AlphaBearsays, save the pink goop for your piston pal.

For your mags, start off by whacking a bunch of maintenance gas in there. You may need to put in quite a bit but it should work. Otherwise, a tiny bit of regular silicon grease on the seals and o-rings is another option. Failing that, replace them. 

Fire support have one of those barrel nuts in stock..... be quick

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/guarder-marui-m4-mws-gbb-steel-lock-ring--castle-nut

Edit: Oh wait, did you say you needed one for a MK18 MWS? Then this may be the wrong one.... 

Edited by AlphaBear