THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Alright guys, now bear with me. I promise I have a good reason for asking this.

Lets say I really enjoy the consistency of the MWS. Lets say I normally use a bolt gun at the skirmish for sniping. I really like the ergonomics of my MWS setup, and was curious if there was a way to install a different valve, or modify the rocket valve to allow for single shot mode. 

Yes, one shot at a time, pulling the charging handle back to cycle a new round each time. It's heresy I know,  but could it be done? I feel like it could be done relatively easily, but I am not sure of how one would do that.

When you are done laughing/scratching your head at what I just asked, let me know your thoughts ;)

**I understand that this would eliminate the recoil function of the MWS- that is fine for what I would be using it for so long as I could revert it back to its normal function**

Edited by scar527
*clarification*

4 hours ago, slayerkitty said:

yeah thats the problem im having, i really dont want to have to try and get one for TM 😧

Impulse101 is my standard go to for MWS parts. May be worth dropping them a line?

4 hours ago, scar527 said:

Lets say I really enjoy the consistency of the MWS. Lets say I normally use a bolt gun at the skirmish for sniping. I really like the ergonomics of my MWS setup, and was curious if there was a way to install a different valve, or modify the rocket valve to allow for single shot mode. 

Yes, one shot at a time, pulling the charging handle back to cycle a new round each time. It's heresy I know,  but could it be done? I feel like it could be done relatively easily, but I am not sure of how one would do that.

When you are done laughing/scratching your head at what I just asked, let me know your thoughts ;)

**I understand that this would eliminate the recoil function of the MWS- that is fine for what I would be using it for so long as I could revert it back to its normal function**

I've had as laugh... I've scratched my head... I even scratched an itch that I shouldn't have touched.... I see what you're saying but I believe the design doesn't warrant that behaviour.. I mean yes you cock it back so-to-speak when you chamber the first round and then let it do it's magic..... Interesting thought though.....

5 hours ago, scar527 said:

Or you could just try finding an old springer from like twenty years ago and you’d be golden…..

8 hours ago, SBoardley said:

Or you could just try finding an old springer from like twenty years ago and you’d be golden…..

I have a springer, for context I used to run Tanakas but never really enjoyed the consistency. I'm super impressed with the MWS, I honestly just wish TM would make a bolt gun that uses the same mags or something similar, they would sell like hot cakes.

21 hours ago, scar527 said:

Vf8NHW7BDpeZovhU6Q.gif

Hi!

My original nozzle broke some time ago. I then instaled the one that comes with the gen 1 drop in kit from Angry Gun, but changing the valve for an adjustable one from G&P. Played 2 games and all OK. 

Yesterday I was having inconsistency issues. Checking the valve I discovered it was rotating freely inside the nozzle.

I want to get rid of Angry Gun. What nozzle do you recomend? OEM isn't available

On 17/02/2022 at 13:45, scar527 said:

How dare you!!!!

Now that being said, interesting idea.

The Bolt/Nozzle must be sent back to disengage from the mag/gas flow.

You could replace the buffer-spring by a weak one, strong enough so that it slows the bolt enough to not damage the bolt or buffer tube, but weak enough not send the bolt (fully) forward. So that you need to manually cycle the bolt to fully engage it.

It should work, but the risk of damaging bolt/buffer tube seems too high to me. I suppose TM installed a spring which is just about right, so probably not enough margin to install a weaker spring without damaging your system.

And the bolt catch on an empty mag, might also stop working, but not sure on this one.

Or somehow change the bolt catch that it engages every time, not just on an empty mag. Wouldn't know how though.

Edited by Argyld
added part about bolt catch

24 minutes ago, Argyld said:

How dare you!!!!

Now that being said, interesting idea.

The Bolt/Nozzle must be sent back to disengage from the mag/gas flow.

You could replace the buffer-spring by a weak one, strong enough so that it slows the bolt enough to not damage the bolt or buffer tube, but weak enough not send the bolt (fully) forward. So that you need to manually cycle the bolt to fully engage it.

It should work, but the risk of damaging bolt/buffer tube seems too high to me. I suppose TM installed a spring which is just about right, so probably not enough margin to install a weaker spring without damaging your system.

And the bolt catch on an empty mag, might also stop working, but not sure on this one.

Or somehow change the bolt catch that it engages every time, not just on an empty mag. Wouldn't know how though.

Don’t encourage him lol 😂 

4 hours ago, AndyLS said:

Long time reader first time poster. Does anyone know any UK stockists that have any MWS in stock currently :)

Think you may have just missed a restock. A couple of places got them in a month or so back that I could find. Managed to grab one but they sold out in a few days. Patrol base is where I got mine, on sale too. They only had around 12 in stock I think. Managed to secure 6 extra mags too. But I had been waiting a couple of months. Best bet is to add a restock notification on the page. Will get an email as soon as they have more.

19 hours ago, AndyLS said:

Long time reader first time poster. Does anyone know any UK stockists that have any MWS in stock currently :)

Fire Support get regular restocks. Set up a stock alert and go for the deal with three additional mags 👌

I recently bought an EMG strike MWS replica,
I have problems with feeding, the Bolt carrier group, it gets stuck, apparently the pellet does not reach the ramp.

It only works ok with G&P MWS charger, which is a bit higher, but with Marui M4 MWS chargers, it gets stuck.

The BB, it doesn't fit well into the chamber ramp, it presses up on the Nozzle, which is gradually damaged by the upper edge of the chamber.

in videos they use Marui and G&P chargers and both work.
Will it be a specific problem of poor manufacturing of the chamber?

Compracion Rampas .jpeg

Nozzle mordido por Chamber.jpg

RAmpa MWS.jpeg

Rampa Strike.jpeg

Hey Guys, 
I am a new owner of the MWS (I want do make an DMR build)
Could someone help me ?

I would like to know which upgrades I should definitely do - as well as which hopup configuration works best in the MWS and co.

Since I do not want to create new pages and repeat conversations that may have taken place on page 200.
I would be happy about a private message :)

Thanks !

Edited by DustinR

On 25/02/2022 at 13:46, DustinR said:

Hey Guys, 
Could someone help me ?

I would like to know which upgrades I should definitely do - as well as which hopup configuration works best in the MWS and co.

Since I do not want to create new pages and repeat conversations that may have taken place on page 200.

Thanks !

Have a look at Ollie talks Airsoft on you tube!

On 25/02/2022 at 08:46, DustinR said:

Hey Guys, 
Could someone help me ?

Thanks !

SixG Nub, stock bucking until it wears out. Upgrade nozzle return spring to 150%, and use a 370mm barrel, and .4-.45's. You will be grinning as I do at every skirmish. 

Hi all,

Will Madbull Troy rails be a drop in fit for the MWS or do they require anything extra? I’ve seen a couple posted here and there but no mention of new barrel nuts or spacers etc.

Cheers!

On 21/02/2022 at 20:50, AndyLS said:

Fire support have just restocked. Grab one quick whilst you still can...

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbbr-airsoft-gun-with-3-extra-mws-35-rnd-magazines

Thinking about building an upper for CQB.

• around 1J power, .2-.25 BBs (don't see any need for more power or heavier BBs in CQB)
  • short as possible/useful, 7-10 inch hand-guard
  • muzzle flash simulator (in dark CQB I imagine LOTS of fun for myself and LOTS of FEAR for enemies)
  • Drum mag (G&P 400 rounds)? (might be restricted to single-shot I know)
  • grenade launcher, heavy BUT fun (more fun if they know the guy with the muzzle flash has a GL attached ...)
  • when no GL, then a foregrip
  • flashlight (no stroboscope thing, just a simple flashlight)
  • some sort of red-dot or similar
  • Different buffer tube/stock than the stock one?

Any ideas/comments?

It's just a (costly) idea for the moment, might or might not go ahead with it as I have other RIFs for CQB

• MP5 AEG (might sell that one if I go ahead)
  • UZI GBB (LOTS of fun, but iron sights only. No rail system)
  • Pistols (probably still the most useful in CQB)

BUT the MWS is a LOT of fun, so would be nice to use it in CQB too. So I might reduce my stock in RIFs (trying to convince myself here, probably never going to happen 😅😇)

Edited by Argyld

Guest Mr. No_Face
On 03/03/2022 at 11:32, Khyber said:

Fire support have just restocked. Grab one quick whilst you still can...

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-m4-mws-gbbr-airsoft-gun-with-3-extra-mws-35-rnd-magazines

Grabbed a TM block 1 as soon as I saw this yesterday easily the most impulsive purchase I've ever made. Should be arriving within the next hour or so. 

Damn it's been an expensive 3 weeks.

45 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Grabbed a TM block 1 as soon as I saw this yesterday easily the most impulsive purchase I've ever made. Should be arriving within the next hour or so. 

Damn it's been an expensive 3 weeks.

Nice. Enjoy  😁. Had my MWS about 5 weeks now. Used it at 3 game days. Even though the cold means it's only shooting  around 260-280fps it has been insanely fun. So glad I went with GBB for my first rif. It brings a massive smile to my face and receives a lot of attention too. Have an NPAS on the way. Should be here in a week or so, so can up the FPS a bit with it.