THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Guest Mr. No_Face
19 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Nice. Enjoy  😁. Had my MWS about 5 weeks now. Used it at 3 game days. Even though the cold means it's only shooting  around 260-280fps it has been insanely fun. So glad I went with GBB for my first rif. It brings a massive smile to my face and receives a lot of attention too. Have an NPAS on the way. Should be here in a week or so, so can up the FPS a bit with it. 

Hell yeah, I was that guy always looking for a GBBR to swap with on game days lol. It sucks that since this was an impromptu purchase, I'm not prepared for tomorrow's game. But best believe I'm gonna find a way to run this with one mag and a Glock for at least one game. I enjoyed playing a methodical style when I got a chance to use a GHK AKS74u so I know I'll enjoy this tomorrow😁

BTW what gas are you using and did you mod your mags to increase the gas limit? 

56 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Hell yeah, I was that guy always looking for a GBBR to swap with on game days lol. It sucks that since this was an impromptu purchase, I'm not prepared for tomorrow's game. But best believe I'm gonna find a way to run this with one mag and a Glock for at least one game. I enjoyed playing a methodical style when I got a chance to use a GHK AKS74u so I know I'll enjoy this tomorrow😁

BTW what gas are you using and did you mod your mags to increase the gas limit? 

Haha where there is a will, there is a way. I have 6 extra mags to go with mine. Cost nearly as much as the gun itself. But grabbed them at the same time whilst there was still stock. I'm using ZeroOne pro gas. It's made by abbey gas so uses UPL instead of silicone as a lubricant. I don't want silicon oil ran through it as it's only really good for seals. I just spray silicon spray on the seals instead. Haven't nodded them. Get enough gas in there for the full mag and I just refill between games. Not counted how many shots I get out of a fill but 1 mags worth is enough for me.

Hey, does anyone know if this Madbull Noveske rails fit the MWS out of the box?

I'm trying to source one. The 10" full picatinny version without the open top as I will be removing the front sight.

Thanks

Noveske-10-Inch-Free-Float-Handguard-Black-Madbull-az17939large1.png

Hi all, new to the MWS gang 🤓

Managed to secure a CQBR from fire-support's recent stock drop and I must say, she is a beauty!

20220307_120229.thumb.jpg.9f8ce40c18917c7810883ae9dbfc3a4f.jpg

Already have some Magpul goodies on route as well as looking to change the stock for the Carbine version as I prefer the look.

Also interested in one of the famous SixG SUPER NUB's to enable the lift of .36's. 

Does anybody know if these are still available to purchase?

15 minutes ago, shrwd said:

Hi all, new to the MWS gang 🤓

Managed to secure a CQBR from fire-support's recent stock drop and I must say, she is a beauty!

20220307_120229.thumb.jpg.9f8ce40c18917c7810883ae9dbfc3a4f.jpg

Already have some Magpul goodies on route as well as looking to change the stock for the Carbine version as I prefer the look.

Also interested in one of the famous SixG SUPER NUB's to enable the lift of .36's. 

Does anybody know if these are still available to purchase?

Welcome to the club. It is sure to bring a big grin to your face. I'm still in the honeymoon period with mine 😂 

The SixG nub will be available again in a couple of weeks I was told by the guy who makes them a few days ago. 

My two MWS builds!

question for the guys running DMR builds, the MK12 is currently set up with the following:

PDI 370mm barrel

MR HOP 50 deg

Trimmed omega nub 

Black NPAS

As it stands on a 0.2 it’s clocking at circa 375fps (1.3J) and around 1.73J on a 0.4

That is with the NPAS wound all the way out on green gas (Vorsk V6) at room temperature 

Is my only real option here moving to red/black gas to see around 400-425fps on a 0.2? Would a longer barrel really make much of a difference? Fairly sure there is no air leak as power is consistent and I’m seeing similar figures from the L119 (albeit slightly lower with the factory barrel)

Anyone done a power comparison between green and red gas?

cheers!

13D6FB8B-CA4C-4F2D-A8CF-7EF0FDEAF3CE.jpeg

6 hours ago, Khyber said:

Welcome to the club. It is sure to bring a big grin to your face. I'm still in the honeymoon period with mine 😂 

The SixG nub will be available again in a couple of weeks I was told by the guy who makes them a few days ago. 

Thanks and appreciate the heads up on the nub.

On 04/03/2022 at 12:07, Argyld said:

Thinking about building an upper for CQB.

• around 1J power, .2-.25 BBs (don't see any need for more power or heavier BBs in CQB)
  • short as possible/useful, 7-10 inch hand-guard
  • muzzle flash simulator (in dark CQB I imagine LOTS of fun for myself and LOTS of FEAR for enemies)
  • Drum mag (G&P 400 rounds)? (might be restricted to single-shot I know)
  • grenade launcher, heavy BUT fun (more fun if they know the guy with the muzzle flash has a GL attached ...)
  • when no GL, then a foregrip
  • flashlight (no stroboscope thing, just a simple flashlight)
  • some sort of red-dot or similar
  • Different buffer tube/stock than the stock one?

Any ideas/comments?

It's just a (costly) idea for the moment, might or might not go ahead with it as I have other RIFs for CQB

• MP5 AEG (might sell that one if I go ahead)
  • UZI GBB (LOTS of fun, but iron sights only. No rail system)
  • Pistols (probably still the most useful in CQB)

BUT the MWS is a LOT of fun, so would be nice to use it in CQB too. So I might reduce my stock in RIFs (trying to convince myself here, probably never going to happen 😅😇)

Project definitely on hold.

Managed to control my clickeritis (clicking on anything "add to basket" which I like) and just the bare minimum I noticed it would be much cheaper buying a new MWS than just building a new upper.

I keep you updated when clickeritis has kicked in again.

21 hours ago, ArranTurner said:

Cheers mate! 

Really think red would give me the 30 or so FPS boost I’m after? If I went the barrel route, 455mm?

cheers!

Yes, green is not potent enough.

Im not a big fan personally of long barrels as I they can start hurting accuracy if you cheap out.

As the barrels become longer the likeliness of them being out of true or having flaws increases.

The longer the barrel the more imperative quality is.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Yes, green is not potent enough.

Im not a big fan personally of long barrels as I they can start hurting accuracy if you cheap out.

As the barrels become longer the likeliness of them being out of true or having flaws increases.

The longer the barrel the more imperative quality is.

Will give that a test then, I’m in the same boat in terms of barrel length, coming from building AEG DMRs running sub 250mm barrels to get decent voluming for 0.4+ it does feel wrong going for a super long barrel here 

I run a 455mm Crazy Jet in my MK12 DMR build and it has been very good. I can get 450fps on green gas as long as the weather is reasonable and I haven’t noticed any difference in my groupings or accuracy at 50m (which is the longest I can test at home).

I usually run .36g BBs at 385fps rather than .2s at 450 fps. It gives much better overall performance for me at least.

Interesting, finished my build for my mws and decided to muck around with it. I noticed after every shot, the shot after the bb would roll out and this is with a good 12 clicks of hop applied :( Full 21 clicks seems good. Anyone else had this issue with propane? Couldnt be a bolt bounce as it's happening every other shot. Brand new and stock internals, unless I over tightened the outerbarrel with the PTS handguard and shifted the hop. WIll disassemble and report back and tinker with how many clicks it takes to not roll out, but essentially it shouldnt roll out even with 1-2 clicks?

Edited by Snippy

10 hours ago, Snippy said:

Interesting, finished my build for my mws and decided to muck around with it. I noticed after every shot, the shot after the bb would roll out and this is with a good 12 clicks of hop applied :( Full 21 clicks seems good. Anyone else had this issue with propane? Couldnt be a bolt bounce as it's happening every other shot. Brand new and stock internals, unless I over tightened the outerbarrel with the PTS handguard and shifted the hop. WIll disassemble and report back and tinker with how many clicks it takes to not roll out, but essentially it shouldnt roll out even with 1-2 clicks?

Check the screw holding the hop adjuster is tight as it can cause it to catch the bolt and wind the hop off?

3 hours ago, Wild Weasel said:

Check the screw holding the hop adjuster is tight as it can cause it to catch the bolt and wind the hop off?

It definitely is tight, I will muck around with it some more. I remember reading someone on the this thread where their hop adjuster was decreasing hop after a few shots, forgot how they fixed it.    @HorribleSkrub had an issue, but he had over hop issues haha. @ajumma had aftermarket bolt/nozzle guide interfering with the hop wheel. I did notice in one instance of testing, I lost two clicks of hop, but again, 12 clicks of hop the BB shouldnt be rolling out? Unless my adjuster spring isnt applying enough tension :x The nozzle couldnt be over pushing the bbs though as at a full 21 click the bb stays (thats one good thing lol), or could it?!  Hnng stock mws y u do this to me

Edited by Snippy

Got a TM MTR 16 just wanted to post a few pictures of my setup, upgraded inner barrel to a 410mm and angry gun MWS high speed bolt carrier with gen2 MPA w/ adjustable fps everything else is stock, gun now has a range of 260FPS to 370FPS. Fires 0.2's bbs at 360~370fps and 0.49's bbs at 290~305fps using green gas.

Mock suppressor is Knights Armament KAC 556

Red dot is Eotech EXPS 3 replica

600 Lumen tactical light

Replica Dbal-a Peq box

Would like to change the rail if anyone know of a good clamp on M-lok and barrel nut that would work using a 5KU Mid-Length / 16" barrel https://www.evike.com/products/23488/ had to mil the flute to fit the barrel nut since it would not fit inside

20220210_213959.thumb.jpg.6166125a7e176c98b96c98dc41c85b50.jpg

20220310_170741.thumb.jpg.74329077376a81bb6ae95d52bef1805e.jpg20220310_170610.thumb.jpg.2c03d9560f9a878d4ae92442118282fc.jpg

Just fitted an RA-Tech NPAS to my TM MWS. Great FPS improvement. Super happy with the results.

First pic is before then second after. This is without the hop adjusted correctly. Had the barrel out and since have not set the hop properly. I just wound the hop on around half way to stop the BBs rolling out. Tested at ambient room temp with .20 BBs.

Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to get your MWS closer to site limits on green gas.

@Mr. No_Face Here are the results you were interested in.

Screenshot_20220314-093743_AceSoft.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-100408_AceSoft.jpg

Edited by Khyber

Guest Mr. No_Face
5 hours ago, Khyber said:

Just fitted an RA-Tech NPAS to my TM MWS. Great FPS improvement. Super happy with the results.

First pic is before then second after. This is without the hop adjusted correctly. Had the barrel out and since have not set the hop properly. Tested at ambient room temp with .20 BBs.

Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to get your MWS closer to site limits on green gas.

@Mr. No_Face Here are the results you were interested in.

Screenshot_20220314-093743_AceSoft.jpg

Screenshot_20220314-100408_AceSoft.jpg

Nice, so it's actually worth the investment. 280fps seems to be the standard reading for most stock builds with .20s but mine gets a consistent 315 to 314fps? I've done nothing to it so I find that slightly strange.

thumbnail_IMG_5664.thumb.jpg.8c116eb2972b1c9e0590dd4cd8645f3b.jpg

Edited by Mr. No_Face

2 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Nice, so it's actually worth the investment. 280fps seems to be the standard reading for most stock builds with .20s but mine gets a consistent 315 to 314fps? I've done nothing to it so I find that slightly strange.

thumbnail_IMG_5664.thumb.jpg.8c116eb2972b1c9e0590dd4cd8645f3b.jpg

Wow that's good. What gas is that with?

For me its definitely worth the 20 squid its cost and 15 minutes to fit it.

Guest Mr. No_Face

Ok we're now experiencing our first problem with this platform. After racking the charging handle and chambering a bb, If I point the barrel downwards a bb will simply roll out? Anyone had this problem? This has only started to occur after I started opening  up the MWS.

5 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Ok we're now experiencing our first problem with this platform. After racking the charging handle and chambering a bb, If I point the barrel downwards a bb will simply roll out? Anyone had this problem? This has only started to occur after I started opening  up the MWS.

Have you got any hop on?