THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

What troubles with the SAA mags?

Leaky release valves from get-go. Replaced the release valves with some PTS Hi-Capa ones. Leak fixed.
Fill valves fell apart on 3 of my 5 mags while in-game (and in a pouch). Replaced with stock TM ones. So far so good.
Weird seal issues with the gas router causing really slugging performance and ridiculously low fps (sub 100 on a .2). Replaced that with a RunIn Workshop purple one. Issue continues and I'm not sure why - possibly pushing up on the bottom of the carrier? I'd heard the Guarder routers seem to fix that, but not tried yet.

Just feels like I've spent a hell of a lot of money on mags that cost more than stock TM ones and perform way worse.

Yeh i completely get that, if you wanna run PMAGs you gotta shell out.

You neeed the SAA mags, TM fill and exit valves, sand down the top plate for correct insertion depth - this is what your FPS / gas route issue actually is.

Shame TM dont just make some modern mags, i mean come on Marui we are not still in the 80s!

13 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yeh i completely get that, if you wanna run PMAGs you gotta shell out.

You neeed the SAA mags, TM fill and exit valves, sand down the top plate for correct insertion depth - this is what your FPS / gas route issue actually is.

Shame TM dont just make some modern mags, i mean come on Marui we are not still in the 80s!

Oh ffs, it's the actual depth the mag is seated at?! You may have just saved me a few quid there - I had some Guarder routers in my basket and was about to checkout.

I didn't even think to check that, because I assumed that's something that these companies would... y'know... 'get right'...

Yes if you compare the SAA to a genuine TM mag youll see the top plate is 'taller' than it should be, therefor holding the bucking away from the nozzle.

As is the case always with the MWS, keep as many stock parts as you can.

I did a lot of testing with a customers SAA vs TM mags (he had like 12 in total) and the SAA fill valve would not allow a full fill (tested by weight of liquid gas taken on), and as you found the exit valves spring pressure / knocker length isnt quite right either.

Edited by Davegolf

12 hours ago, PewPewLoki said:

New GunsModify PMAGs just dropped!

Anyone fancy being the AFUK guinea pig? I already wasted a fortune on the Ace1Arms/SAA and G&P offerings...

Sure, send me a couple and I will try them for you 😆

18 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Yes if you compare the SAA to a genuine TM mag youll see the top plate is 'taller' than it should be, therefor holding the bucking away from the nozzle.

As is the case always with the MWS, keep as many stock parts as you can.

I did a lot of testing with a customers SAA vs TM mags (he had like 12 in total) and the SAA fill valve would not allow a full fill (tested by weight of liquid gas taken on), and as you found the exit valves spring pressure / knocker length isnt quite right either.

Ha, I didn't even get as far as the not-allowing-a-full-fill issue. The brass centre pin would fall out of the threaded housing and either into the gas chamber in the mag, or out into a muddy field...

I've just measured up my TM and SAA mags and whaddya know? It does sit higher. I know what this evening's shenanigans will be.

3 minutes ago, Panama said:

Sure, send me a couple and I will try them for you 😆

Nice try! I already spent more money than I'd care to recount on 10 TM mags, 5 SAAs and 5 G&P 'stendos. I'll let someone else foot that bill... ;)

Hey, so with my UKARA still not registered. Been onto my local site for 2 weeks now and they still haven't done it. And I'm told it only takes 2 mins... 😒 anyway obviously my rifle still hasn't been ordered. But... I was originally wanting the mk18 version but the over used loctite on the barrel nut and the need for a URX tool has been putting me off, think I may be swayed back to a standard m4a1 as its so easy to access the inner barrel and hop up etc.. so got a question. I presume the gas tube running from the gas block/front sight back to the receiver is inert? Am i correct? If so is it possible to run the rifle without the front sight and gas tube leaving the hand guard / rail free floating. I'm not over keen on the front sight which is one reason I was going for the mk18. If it's fine to run like this it will make the m4a1 a more preferable choice for me again. As well as the fact its £70-80 cheaper. ( that leaves money for an extra mag ;)

Thanks in advance.

56 minutes ago, Khyber said:

I presume the gas tube running from the gas block/front sight back to the receiver is inert? Am i correct? If so is it possible to run the rifle without the front sight and gas tube leaving the hand guard / rail free floating.

It is indeed. Just a solid metal stick for appearance's sake. Looks nice and realistic when you can see it running through the inside of an M-Lok handguard, but hardly a functional part.

3 hours ago, Khyber said:

Hey, so with my UKARA still not registered. Been onto my local site for 2 weeks now and they still haven't done it. And I'm told it only takes 2 mins... 😒 anyway obviously my rifle still hasn't been ordered. But... I was originally wanting the mk18 version but the over used loctite on the barrel nut and the need for a URX tool has been putting me off, think I may be swayed back to a standard m4a1 as its so easy to access the inner barrel and hop up etc.. so got a question. I presume the gas tube running from the gas block/front sight back to the receiver is inert? Am i correct? If so is it possible to run the rifle without the front sight and gas tube leaving the hand guard / rail free floating. I'm not over keen on the front sight which is one reason I was going for the mk18. If it's fine to run like this it will make the m4a1 a more preferable choice for me again. As well as the fact its £70-80 cheaper. ( that leaves money for an extra mag ;)

Thanks in advance.

You can remove the “gas tube” but will need to retain the front sight / gas block to hold the front of the hand guard on. You can get front gas blocks with fold down front sight that are lower profile.

Thanks guys will look into that :)

Little knowledge nugget:

TM MWS all stock except for Crazyjet barrel* ASG gas and temp around 19deg shooting 0.30g BBs.

FPS is over 5shots, equivalent for 0.20g shown in brackets.

(350fps 0.20g == 285fps 0.30g == 1.13J)

G&P Green nozzle set to:

Minimum (almost fully closed) - 255fps (312fps)

Maximum (fully open) - 305fps (373fps)

I have replaced the plastic grub screw which was starting to split along the screwdriver slot with a 3mm x 6mm stainless grub screw (1.5mm hex key) and some blue Loctite to keep it in place. A blob of super glue on the end stops it unscrewing all the way and flying down the barrel (a la AngryGun v1 nozzles) Screwing it out a couple of threads seems to keep it around 265-270fps (allowing for the sites chrono to differ from mine!)

*crazyjet barrel adds 15-20fps over the stock TM one on 0.30g / Greengas

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Well you werent shooting outdoors, more like 1.9 degrees 😂

Was from a couple of weeks ago when it wasn’t quite as chilly. Mags and gas were stored inside and checked with the kitchen meat thermometer before use.

That reminds me..... I need to apply some seasonal maintenance to the MWS! I've not picked it up for nearly 4 months!! May need to get some fresh lube too. What are folks using again?

TechT gunsav for air seals - out of stock everywhere, let me know if you find some!

And Parker Hale gun oil for metal on metal / trigger pack / charging handle / buffer spring.

If you have HSB you’ll have Moly grease on your buffer spring.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

TechT gunsav for air seals - out of stock everywhere, let me know if you find some!

And Parker Hale gun oil for metal on metal / trigger pack / charging handle / buffer spring.

Is this it - In stock here but it’s a French site €9.00 so not sure it import charges 

9F62DD68-241A-4AEB-9D7E-2E4D40C9C16B.png

29 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

That’s the stuff 👍

Do the deliver to the UK?

Looks like they do but I didn’t realise at the time of posting they were taking the piss with shipping charge €22.00

i found it here also and they seem reasonable for shipping - they don’t say they do or don’t ship to UK - you would have to open an account to see I suppose

5202692E-E203-40F6-A8F5-BF77CB37AC77.png

22 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Cheers Dave.. that’s the one I was looking for. I’ve got the last two but not just the pink stuff. I’ll ask my local hunting shop if they have any? If so I’ll let ya all know next week. 

I doubt you’ll get it from a hunting shop, it was designed for paintball markers, because of that it is exceptional for pneumatics, you don’t get seal ‘set’ when the gun is pressurised for a long time between shots, not that this happens in GBBRs but my point is it’s extremely slippery and doesn’t dry out or migrate into the bucking easily.

Good evening all,

I'm going to be purchasing a MWS M4 and I have done some research on what out of the box upgrades to make and have settled on these:

AngryGun Enhanced Drop In Complete MPA Nozzle Set, Marui MWS M4 (Gen2 Version)

AngryGun Enhanced Nozzle Guide Set Gen 2 Version for Marui MWS GBB M4.

Dynamic Precision Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set For Marui M4A1 MWS

G&P GBB Roller Bolt w/Marui MWS 5 Position Buffer Tube Set

SixG SUPER NUB for Marui GBBR

Are these upgrades decent? Have I missed anything or should not bother with certain ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce my box fresh carbine. 

in love so far but first game using her Sunday so we will see if we are still lovers afterwards.

0E41A026-BCB7-4AAB-B047-4CFA99D29219.jpeg

Edited by GStevo80