Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

17 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

These two do not belong in the same paragraph, let alone sentence.

Um, I didn't think I needed to add the /s here on Mack's but here we are...😂

The use of someone else's pictures when it come selling an item, especially at  that asking price is a major Faux pas on the sellers part.  A simple google reverse image search shows the pictures were taken directly from a 2014 blog post from this web site https://timmmk2.militaryblog.jp/e582128.html 

Has the hallmarks of a potential scammer.

Edited by Sniper780

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

The use of someone else's pictures when it come selling an item, especially at  that asking price is a major Faux pas on the sellers part.  A simple google reverse image search shows the pictures were taken directly from a 2014 blog post from this web site https://timmmk2.militaryblog.jp/e582128.html 

Has the hallmarks of a potential scammer.

He's got two other ads up for guns, both listed as excessive fps for mainland Britain, & especially Northern Ireland which has a lower fps limit for all airsoft guns. 

Are you able to check the pics on his other ads ?, to ensure they're not nicked from someone else ? 

22 minutes ago, Tackle said:

He's got two other ads up for guns, both listed as excessive fps for mainland Britain, & especially Northern Ireland which has a lower fps limit for all airsoft guns. 

Are you able to check the pics on his other ads ?, to ensure they're not nicked from someone else ? 

I called out the G&G CM18 on the FPS. I found no matches on Google or Tineye reverse image search but I'm still suspicious.

The marketing blurb looks manually typed out and badly done. Unless G&G made a horrible typo of its own, I would assume the gearbox has 8mm bearings, not 8mm ball bearings.

There are a lot of decent upgrades in that pic yet he hasn't specified them to try and make the listing look more attractive. For the price, it looks far too good to be true to me.

6 hours ago, Sniper780 said:

If anyone has an active account for the Airsoft society forum if you could give them a heads up as well that would be greatly appreciated. 

I joined up to report the seller and the listings. I'd hate to see anyone fall victim to the scam.

42 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

interesting , apparently retailing on here doesn’t incur any defence costs but once they go on a website it does 🤷🏼‍♂️

My guess is because Ukara requires a payment as a physical retailer to check defence and to my knowledge only retailers (Including sites) can access the Ukara database directly - Meaning, they're wanting to set up a shop, and get the customers to essentially "chip in" so to speak on the cost to access the database.

16 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

My guess is because Ukara requires a payment as a physical retailer to check defence and to my knowledge only retailers (Including sites) can access the Ukara database directly - Meaning, they're wanting to set up a shop, and get the customers to essentially "chip in" so to speak on the cost to access the database.

But they are clearly a retailer , retailing RIF so …. No checks today , maybe checks tomorrow  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

16 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

But they are clearly a retailer

Excuse my ignorance, but other than stating they'll have a website up soon, what stands out as them definitely being a retailer? 

6 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

Excuse my ignorance, but other than stating they'll have a website up soon, what stands out as them definitely being a retailer? 

them saying they’ll have a website soon where defence checks will be in place at extra cost ?
Two listings for a dozen brand new RIF’s in each ad ?

The use of “we” implying more than one person .

just a guess really . 

Edited by JimFromHorsham

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

them saying they’ll have a website soon where defence checks will be in place at extra cost ?

just a guess really . 

Don't "retailers" need permission to sell/advertise on here ?, rule 10 states:

Second hand airsoft-relevant items only. 

They're clearly not second hand as such, but if new are they offered with any warranty etc.? 

3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not irrational at all to me. If they can't be arsed get basic stuff right then it makes me wonder what else they can't be arsed to do 

The brown M&Ms test.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

The brown M&Ms test.

Huh, I'd heard of the clause but not the reason for it.  Thanks, that's fascinating.

Well, best of luck to our budding entrepreneur, selling for £5 less than retail.  Sure, you don't get a warranty, but you do get an orange tip!

• Head Moderator
12 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

just a guess really . 

Selling multiple (bulk order) of the same gun appears to be a retail enterprise and not a normal airsoft player.

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

The brown M&Ms test.

Had heard that story along with a load of others about musician's "riders" from my then flat mate who was a drummer - but never realised that was the reason for it.

Reminds me of a job where I had to get on a flat roof of a converted warehouse in London Docklands where there was a 3m balcony around the building for the top floor apartments.  I'm still of the age where if I hurt myself doing something stupid its no one else's fault but my own - and that the same should apply to everyone.  Hence I was rather miffed at having to write a risk assessment for the management company to go up there to confirm something ahead of a project...  The writing of this thing would take longer than the trip onto the roof.

So I decided to have some fun and wrote all sorts of things in there along the lines of "shall access the roof paying all due care and attention to ill tempered low flying seagulls and the urge to take a running jump".

It was obvious this was never read as I got the go ahead; and was ironically nearly knocked out by the heavy roof hatch as one of the gas struts had failed and it fell on my head.  Something I didn't mention checking LOL.

Edited by Dan Robinson

I see the ads from the upcoming shop have been removed and the poster has relisted them leaving out the bits about having a job lot and opening a shop soon. Looks dodgy as fuck and definitely puts me off buying anything from them

40 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I see the ads from the upcoming shop have been removed and the poster has relisted them leaving out the bits about having a job lot and opening a shop soon. Looks dodgy as fuck and definitely puts me off buying anything from them

not a great start is it ? Why not just join up , say hi we are so&so&co , website coming soon , great prices etc … all they’ve done so far (for anyone that’s noticed ) is look lazy and shady as fook. 

10 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

not a great start is it ? Why not just join up , say hi we are so&so&co , website coming soon , great prices etc … all they’ve done so far (for anyone that’s noticed ) is look lazy and shady as fook. 

I'm guessing they don't want to pay for advertising and/or the "shop" is their spare room/garage and admiting they're running a business from home would mean paying higher council tax.

It is new, but has been sitting around for five years and has some shit weathering.