Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

Nice Swiss arms bag thingy though 😉

25 minutes ago, Matt.2504 said:

⚠️ warning : dreamer alert 🔔 

IMG_3915.png

Someone has been on the devil's lettuce.

• Supporters

And:

This product may be shipped at the buyers cost at their own liability.

Interesting plot twist.  If he actually means that the buyer needs to arrange collection, that can be done.  It'd be a big red flag for me though, and it's not like he's giving the thing away.

30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

And:

Interesting plot twist.  If he actually means that the buyer needs to arrange collection, that can be done.  It'd be a big red flag for me though, and it's not like he's giving the thing away.

I'm thinking hoping that just means the buyer has to pay postage, but at £600 I'd kind of hope it would be included in the price. 

Brand new ICS L85A2: £399

Madbull DD Rail: £123.99 (From China)

Madbull DD ICS Adapter: £16

Grip pod: £11.99

Nuprol Susat: £99.99

Top rail: £16.99

Sling: £10 (Probably less from a surplus store)

Pouch: £5

So roughly £700 in total (Factoring in shipping costs etc), brand new (Except the pouch and sling, obviously) with no issues at all

So for £100 less, with no warranty or mag and a dodgy selector switch you can buy his. 😬

Definitely seemed overpriced to me. I recently picked up another ICS L85 with all of the above (Minus pouch), as well as the LLM, Z-Mount and Acog as well as upgrades for £500 including delivery

This always makes me laugh

"This is likely a simple fix."

If it's that much of a simple fix then why didn't they do it.

As for the bit about postage is at the buyers liability, I'm sure distance selling laws say otherwise 

Edit: a quick google search confirms this. Section 3/page 7

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/CitizensAdvice/campaigns/NCW18/Selling on online marketplaces - final (1).pdf

Edited by Cannonfodder

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

This always makes me laugh

"This is likely a simple fix."

If it's that much of a simple fix then why didn't they do it.

Cos they're either lazy, incompetent, or it isn't the "quick fix" they'd have you believe 😏

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Cos they're either lazy, incompetent, or it isn't the "quick fix" they'd have you believe 😏

makes it a 2 in 3 odds though, guess the 1 in 3 are hoping folk are ready to gamble.

and it's not as if a pew that appears to be functioning reasonably well on the surface can't still be a horror show once you get under the hood.

45 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Call me cynical but I'd put money on option 3  being the most likely as a working gun has a higher chance of selling than one that isn't 

30 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

I really hope that's a typo

Screenshot_20230724-225734_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30e920e4358526c33c70e8d9432b6c06.jpg

Crikey! I will take better care of mine.

15 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

As for the bit about postage is at the buyers liability, I'm sure distance selling laws say otherwise

It's another equivalent of @avenger63's "I’m not a retailer so no warrantees, refunds or returns" thing -- basically trying to claim that if it's posted, it's at. the buyer's risk (and their problem) if it gets lost or damaged during shipping.

Unfortunately that kind of person erroneously says this when *they're* the ones posting it -- so the contract is to deliver is between them and RM/Parcelforce/courier -- meaning the buyer often can't do anything, and it's up to the seller to claim for any lost/damaged parcels, and the liability remains solely with the seller.

3 hours ago, Hudson said:

[pic of "pretty penny hi-capa"]

Is that lanyard... cable-tied on?! They've not even cut down the tail on the cable tie... 🤦‍♀️😂

Maybe that's where there £200 comes in -- a totally custom, unique, one-off lanyard attachment system... 🤔

Edited by TacticalWaifu

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Hudson said:

Found this beauty on the F&O discord.

No details, an exorbitant price, and only one poor quality photo with bad lighting.

Can't even tell if it comes with a magazine from that advert!

Screenshot_20230725-065808~2.png

Lol, with friends like that, who needs enemies 🤣

• Supporters

TM Hi Capa with parts that could make it less reliable, sounds like a bargain....

I'm fairly sure people think you can just throw any expensive parts in guns that are known to be reliable and it makes them "better"

Another pie-in-the-sky dreamer post from @avenger63...

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/gas-powered_1/brand-new-tokyo-marui-colt-government-1911-mk-iv-series-70-nickel_i48872

"these are selling around the £200 mark if you can find one in stock"

[citation needed] 😂

So... £160 collected (£170 posted) from Mr. "no warranties, refunds or returns" / "only accept PayPal friends or bank transfer due to scammers removing parts etc" ...

... or £165 brand new with warranty, ability to return/refund if needed/wanted, and solid service from a reputable retailer who has plenty in stock 🤔

Edited by TacticalWaifu

😂 He's now edited his listing without all the BS and repriced it at £140 w/ postage.