Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

£59 new from Earmor, or £50 used 🤣🤣🤣

Never used.  Still pricy though!

So, due to boredom, I clicked "Satellite"

And it's so much worse, there isn't even a sheep track but does appear to have a couple of "businesses" registered to the address

Screenshot_2023-06-19-08-14-40-255.jpg

so this is the 4th time its been up still not lowered the price or posted other pictures or said why its labelled as a brand new when its not clearly trying to scam newbies

1 minute ago, Talltom said:

clearly trying to scam newbies

I've offered what I believe to be a fair price for quite a few rif's and the seller has stuck to their asking price (regardless of whether it's realistic or not), at the end of the day if it's too much for us then we either make an offer or not, sellers don't need to accept any lower offers... doesn't mean it's a scam tho.

But... yeah I've noticed this advert getting posted several times too.

9 minutes ago, Talltom said:

so this is the 4th time its been up still not lowered the price or posted other pictures or said why its labelled as a brand new when its not clearly trying to scam newbies

He is only claiming that the scope is brand new; how do you know it is not?

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

He is only claiming that the scope is brand new; how do you know it is not?

Err... "brand new Ares AEG L85A2".  Listed "as new", but the title is unambiguous, and he's comparing it against new, retail prices.

I wouldn't call this bloke a scammer, just a brass necked chancer operating effectively as a trader, without any warranty.

It's all consensual, but a lot of grubby interpersonal transactions are.

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Err... "brand new Ares AEG L85A2".  Listed "as new", but the title is unambiguous, and he's comparing it against new, retail prices.

I wouldn't call this bloke a scammer, just a brass necked chancer operating effectively as a trader, without any warranty.

It's all consensual, but a lot of grubby interpersonal transactions are.

Ah, I was looking in the advert itself, not at the title.  In the advert he describes it "as new" and only the sight is specifically described as "brand new".

On 18/06/2023 at 13:20, Rogerborg said:

"Bring cash to a non-existent McDonalds, up a goat-track, in the middle of nowhere. Don't tell your wife where you're going, she wouldn't understand."

Interestingly his location shows up as ABUBAKAR FAROOQ ARTS 21LG... and appears to run the business "Uk center Lahore Pakistan" with pics by a Sheikh Sanaullah in June...

Nearby is the very legitimate "The Buisnes" music shop...

The McDonald's is apparently in Moffat, but with a Warrington postcode and a mobile number...

Then, between Maccy D's and The Buisnes we have... the "Piper Bravo" oil field -- which Gopinath Subramanian rated 5 out of 5 stars 9 months ago, saying "Terrible story".

(It's a rig, not a field, and it's Alpha that had the disaster, but who am I to ruin such a rurally-located inland North Sea drilling platform...)

Going back to so-called @Districktairsoft, his previous 2 listings said pick-up only in Croydon, including the Dave's Custom LCT which is now up in the new "bundle" ... which "would not disappoint" when listed in May, but now "currenly not working" but still somehow worth £1100... Fascinating stuff. 🍿

All jokes aside about that one (broken gun definitely not worth £1100), the picture of him with it is at Dogtag Airsoft in Crawley. So collection from Croydon (although Lahore is probably safer 😄) seems legit. Those location maps on the ads never seem accurate, I'm not sure why you'd want it to pinpoint where you are!?

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, rj1986 said:

When you two tone anything, including a WA2000

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/airsoft-job-lot-offers-welcome_i47678

heresy-detected-no-heresy.gif

1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

When you two tone anything, including a WA2000

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/airsoft-job-lot-offers-welcome_i47678

That is a crime against humanity doubly so with the M1. Problem is that's actually a good price. some how WA2000s are grand new these days.

1 hour ago, DaktariT said:

I thought I was over asking on one of my sales.

Does this mean I can low ball you on it.....