Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

Simple question:

I want to number my mags, what kind of pen do I need? (presuming a chalk pen will just rub off)

Thanks.

I use paint marker, posco.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Simple question:

I want to number my mags, what kind of pen do I need? (presuming a chalk pen will just rub off)

Thanks.

Paint pen.

For full allyness, use a lovely shade of pale blue. Or an Edding 751 for full on civil service shite.

Also known as an acrylic pen.

Even better, put some bright electrical tape on it and write on that using a permanent marker.  (I use yellow tape)

6 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Simple question:

Thanks.

You can get a white permanent pen marker from Amazon which should do it the treat. 

Personally I would use white stickers and mark those just so it's not permanent on the mag. 

15 hours ago, EDcase said:

bright electrical tape on it and write on that

12 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Leccy tape and a sharpie

Sorted. Although sat here looking at both, I'm wondering why I didn't think of that in the first place. 🤔

Thanks all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well shit. I bought a holster (that's supposed to fit all M92 series pistols) for the WE Samurai Edge I just bought and it doesnt fit. It's very tight and to actually lock into the holster it pushes the slide back about 1cm. Turns out there's some extra bits on the slide that contact the holster. The question is should I sand down the inside of the holster or just try "resizing" it with some hot water to try and stretch the holster out.

Failing both these methods i'd have to get a universal/adjustable holster as apparently no one makes a holster that fits the Samurai Edge. Checking around elsewhere about the holster I bought, I found a site that has a bit of small print saying the Samurai Edge doesn't fit amoung some others... a tad annoying when that say it fits all M9 models but hey ho.

Edited by MrTea

@MrTea

Try the hot water and if it does get you what you want then great, if not then it'd be time to sand. 

If you do end up going for the sanding id chalk the inside of the holster and the press the m9 in and out, then sand off the areas where the chalk has been run rubbed or marked up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Would a light/thin silicone oil (e.g. 100wt) or a heavy/thick silicone oil be best to add to mags to assist the seals etc?

I tend to use silicone grease to lightly lube seals as any liquid is more likely to travel to the working parts that you don't want getting lubricated (ie the hop rubber). Lighter oils for plastic on plastic moving parts (pistol slides for example) where the thicker nature of grease might introduce stiction.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The red bit (on phone and can’t change colour 🙄)

am I going mad or is there a newish mask out there, I’m sure I saw it in an AI mag but can’t find it, I think it was something star mask or something. Had a mesh area over mouth, I think covered the neck a bit but was ideal for goggles

assume mad as google isn’t helping 😂😂…. But work laptop has the worst page blocker/security known to mankind, so OTT, cant view anything …

EDIT

Found the magazine, son had it in his room, was Lonestar Tactical 👍😬

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Cheesybob said:

How do these work do the mags just sit loose or is there a sertain clip inside them or something?

1129cf5d43ef4988f95460669c38f597d2819f93 (1).webp 3.52 kB · 6 downloads

The two screws , do two different things

one attaches to your desired fitment for your kit - (belt hook , molle clip etc)

The other tightens the unit up to add friction

Ive used them and have put little Velcro adhesive buttons to make it snug & less “scrapey”👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Has anyone bought a baofeng radio recently??, looking to add 2 more but wasn’t sure if anything had changed as some have mentioned frequency change and a few seem to be tri band

frequency change example 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163929813629?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=zw7PGmJxSjK&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=T5KQ-Kj7Qu2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Assume as I have my own frequencies, that shouldnt be a worry

Just got a tri-band, set it up to only use PMR frequencies.

As long as the unit can operate on your frequency then you should be fine.

• Moderators

Thanks, will just get and set up 👍

i think I was ‘given’ 4 additional frequencies as there was space, found the letter 😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Edit: nevermind, the gun decided to shit the bed and needs some TLC before being fielded again

Edited by Cannonfodder
No longer need to know

On 08/09/2023 at 10:54, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Would MP5 mag pouches work for extended (50rd) glock pistol magazines, or are their better options? I'm not after open top (i.e. taco/bungee) type pouches....cheers!

I can't see why not. I haven't used an extended glock mags for years, but when I did I used smg mag pouches.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Gibbz said:

Do I have to pay import fees for pistol guarder kits?

You're supposed to pay import fees and VAT on everything you import that hasn't had tax paid at source. That said, it very much depends on what the vendor puts on the CN22 form (ie the value they declare it at).

On 18/09/2023 at 02:31, Gibbz said:

Do I have to pay import fees for pistol guarder kits?

VAT will be due on anything imported.

If the overseas retailer has registered with HMRC and the order total is below £135 then you pay them at the point of sale, they declare on the customs form and they pay HMRC periodically 

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

If it is worth over £135, or they have not registered for UK VAT then you are liable at the point of entry, and an additional handling charge will be made

Import duty etc is seperate and depends on the item category

Expect to be charged an extra 20% plus a handling fee and to allow extra time - the time can be frustrating

I imported an item recently which I needed by November, but would have been useful by the end of August 

Ordered on 4th August 

Arrived in the UK on 8th August and sat awaiting customs clearance until 22nd. 

(It in fact spent the last week with a provisional VAT calculation pending sign off)

Released from customs on the night of the 22nd and at the Basingstoke depot on the morning of the 23rd

I paid and collected in person on the 24th on the way to my weekend and it was used on field on the 25th

The declared value was $294.70 and I also paid $99 international postage 

VAT assessed as £45.73 (20% of £228.65) 

Parcel force fee of £12

IMG_2687.png.19ce6c2f5d7a92057978c91fead8dc3c.pngIMG_2685.png

Edited by Tommikka

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

and at the Basingstoke depot

Didn't realise you were in my neck of the woods!