Ed, Let's play a game

geoffreym

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ares really gave made some very nice guns aesthetically but that really isn't one of the ones to prove the point :lol:

Okay, how's this then?

ARES-AR-028.jpg

• Supporters

That weird abortion of a 'honey badger' wouldn't have been the aesthetic example I'd have chosen in all honesty.

That's the thing with aesthetics though, isn't it. Very subjective. I quite like honey badgers but don't like the AW 338. Takes all sorts.

• Supporters

That's the thing with aesthetics though, isn't it. Very subjective. I quite like honey badgers but don't like the AW 338. Takes all sorts.

Well that wasn't really my point. IMHO, the actual honey badger looks good, but the ARES version is a very iffy copy to say the least.

I spend a lot of time telling people that it's ok for people to like different things so I assure you I'm aware. But I think it's fairly generally accepted by a large amount of people that of all the guns ARES have done, that one is rather ugly, hence I wouldn't have picked it to argue that ARES make nice looking guns, because you're less likely to convince the audience.

• Supporters

Well that wasn't really my point. IMHO, the actual honey badger looks good, but the ARES version is a very iffy copy to say the least.

I spend a lot of time telling people that it's ok for people to like different things so I assure you I'm aware. But I think it's fairly generally accepted by a large amount of people that of all the guns ARES have done, that one is rather ugly, hence I wouldn't have picked it to argue that ARES make nice looking guns, because you're less likely to convince the audience.

Ah, gotcha see what you mean now. I must say I don't know why they haven't made a version of the short handguard Honey Badger (which I think looks better anyway).

imag0551c.jpg

...Agnes my L1A1 SLR - she's an Ares. Looks great, but is in fact a f*cking pig.

Nice. At least you have one Ian, been looking for one for ages without luck, seen a couple but for silly money (albeit with real deal wood stocks, and one with a genuine SUIT sight). Heard a few tales of woe about them too. Hey ho hopefully Ares will do a run of them at some point. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporters

^^Hmmm... not so much ugly as fucking stupid :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.