The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite just broken but the plastic hop unit in my ICS CXP-08 cracked just before Christmas, not entirely sure how , last thing I changed was a newer upper gearbox with a m100 spring in it.

New hop unit, bucking and nub later it looks to be better, though getting the odd shot with 2 BBs in it. Looks like next Saturday will be tinkering before Sundays skirmish.

Not quite just broken but the plastic hop unit in my ICS CXP-08 cracked just before Christmas, not entirely sure how , last thing I changed was a newer upper gearbox with a m100 spring in it.

New hop unit, bucking and nub later it looks to be better, though getting the odd shot with 2 BBs in it. Looks like next Saturday will be tinkering before Sundays skirmish.

Had the same problem with my ICS, the hop split both sides just after the hop wheel, I put an upgrade hop in & sometimes it would feed flawlessly but then it would feed 1 in 4 shots

Bought a new exsisting hop & it's been fine since

Had the same problem with my ICS, the hop split both sides just after the hop wheel, I put an upgrade hop in & sometimes it would feed flawlessly but then it would feed 1 in 4 shots

Bought a new exsisting hop & it's been fine since

Mine was at the C Clip, just snapped clean off.

It seems a bit weird i would have thought/hoped the hop be a little sturdier than that, though it is a second hand one so don't know what or how much abuse it's gone through prior.

I bought a disassembled hop so could just be my shoddy workmanship putting it together that's causing feed issues.

Mine was at the C Clip, just snapped clean off.

It seems a bit weird i would have thought/hoped the hop be a little sturdier than that, though it is a second hand one so don't know what or how much abuse it's gone through prior.

I bought a disassembled hop so could just be my shoddy workmanship putting it together that's causing feed issues.

That's a bummer, mine was 2nd hand but I know the owner so that's ok

It's always to practice on things

Spindle snapped off my sector gear, which then stripped all the teeth from my piston. Gave me an excuse for new reinforced gears (slight upgrade to 16:1), new piston with 3 steel teeth, new dual o ring piston head, new cylinder head, stainless steel cylinder, fully cleaned the gearbox and completely re-shimmed. Now runs nice and smooth with an excellent air seal, might have to downgrade the spring though!!

Currently building a new wiring harness to go in, mosfet, higher grade wiring & deans connectors, all ready for in case I want to give LiPo a try.

:D

All an excuse for more upgrade shopping really lol.

After my last game day, I discovered my G36 firing at 280fps way down from 349fps :/ stripped the gearbox to discover the original piston (over a year old using 9.6v nimh) which is standard plastic had a nice groove worn in from the piston

Luck has it that I've got an old V2 gearbox which has lightened upgrade piston with all steel teeth & first tooth taken away :) will get it chrono'd next game but should still be in upper 40's fps wise as no spring change

• 2 weeks later...

Fucked up my WE G17 a while back was an idiot idk didn't think and put the slide on with gun cocked and hammer up. Still broken, seems slide's permenantly stock, can move a few mm either way but thats it. Can't move it enough to get to the underside of the slide or to open the ejection port which if I could would mean I potentially had a fix but no

• 3 weeks later...

Broke my half face mesh mask at a game yesterday, as I was walking down a corridor a team mate decided that firing 'over me' would be a good idea, cue the triple tap to the back of my head from a few feet, right on the plastic buckle and snapped it (although I should probably be happy that they hit the buckle and not my head lol)

• 1 month later...

Whilst at the Mall last Sunday my VFC M4 lost all compression. It runs at ~31RPS on an 11.1, everything SHS inside.

Turns out:

- Piston Head screw stripped

- Piston smashed against now-loose piston

- Said loose piston head was beaten between Piston, Cylinder and Cylinder Head.

The resulting damage is:

- Mangled piston head

- Smashed piston

- Damaged cylinder (gouges/scrapes on the inside)

- Damaged cylinder

It was rather funny; when I took it apart, the piston head was facing the wrong direction!!

My new AK high cap mag.

Had to file a bit off to get it to fit into my E&L. Ended up taking a couple of mm too much and it just doesn't sit in the mag well at all :(

• Supporters

My new AK high cap mag.

Had to file a bit off to get it to fit into my E&L. Ended up taking a couple of mm too much and it just doesn't sit in the mag well at all :(

Use some epoxy?

• Supporters

My new G&P outer barrel and Octarms rail, seems as though the rail-nut has been designed to fit over stupidly small barrels, so I'm now having to butcher the barrel and rail-nut to get them to fit. FFS

Use some epoxy?

That's the plan, easy fix but annoying that I have to sort it in the first place/

Mag to my we hi capa 5.1k. 1 game, 1 use and it's spewing gas everywhere except out of the fill nozzle.

Just bought an extended radio battery (my original battery lasted a day & half of continuous use) & hard rifle case (my fabric one is breaking apart) all from eBay

What?

I think what he's saying is that your asking whether an aep will fit in a universal holster ?? His remark is being sarcastic as I'm pretty sure it will as the holster will accommodate all pistols

Archived