The 'What have you just broken' Thread

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HPA is looking VERY VERY TEMPTING atm

(even if I will look like battle ready Fireman Sam with an air tank on me back)

I've had so many problems with my AEG's that I'm making the leap to HPA

• Supporters

I've had so many problems with my AEG's that I'm making the leap to HPA

Think I'd rather have the "fun" of a DIY HPA conversion using mini Mac valve regulated at about 80psi aprox

pattern/burst controller via picaxe/raspberry/arduino - probably picaxe as others are a bit larger

actually I do like the ol' skool aeg stuff just this box has just been 1 bollock ache after another

no matter how much time n care I take - something else goes tits up

at this rate it will be like Trigger's old broom with all the new bits in it

• Supporters

Think I'd rather have the "fun" of a DIY HPA conversion using mini Mac valve regulated at about 80psi aprox

pattern/burst controller via picaxe/raspberry/arduino - probably picaxe as others are a bit larger

actually I do like the ol' skool aeg stuff just this box has just been 1 bollock ache after another

no matter how much time n care I take - something else goes tits up

at this rate it will be like Trigger's old broom with all the new bits in it

Nope because mine works and there is no crappy G&G parts. 😃

Quality always pays off.😎

• Supporters

HPA is fine so long as you're sensible, no worse than PTW users :)

Disagree 90% of HPA/Tippman/p* users are complete tossers. On the other hand Ptw users are 100% time complete tossers.

Dont think its the guns that are bad just that they attract certain types of players.

Before anyone gets on their high horse note I said 90% so there is a one in a 1 in 10 chance I dont mean you.☺

Disagree 90% of HPA/Tippman/p* users are complete tossers. On the other hand Ptw users are 100% time complete tossers.

Dont think its the guns that are bad just that they attract certain types of players.

Before anyone gets on their high horse note I said 90% so there is a one in a 1 in 10 chance I dont mean you.☺

What exactly makes them tossers? I've currently own both a P* and a tippy, and previously had a TW, I think I'm an alright guy lol.

A few other people have HPA and seem alright, I do understand when you get younger guys who have them...the young rich kids who spray on full auto at 30rps+ from 10 feet away. However most people I've encountered are quite mindful of their guns and what they can do, alongside acting responsibility.

• Supporters

Most people I have come across who use them are arrogant tw*ts who have some sort of superiority complex.

I have met a couple of good ones though. There a guy who plays regularly at the mall who uses a P* who is one of the nicest guys I have met playing airsoft.

As I said not all but they do do attract the kn*bheads.

• Root Admin

If we're getting serious: I don't dislike HPA users either, being one myself. My other comment was in jest.

Thing is though, when they are dicks then it tends to get noticed a lot quicker and there are some out there who are. Just as there are who use every other weapon.

Most people I have come across who use them are arrogant tw*ts who have some sort of superiority complex.
I have met a couple of good ones though. There a guy who plays regularly at the mall who uses a P* who is one of the nicest guys I have met playing airsoft.

I'm better than you at toy guns.

The way I see it as long as the user keeps it under 20rps and definitely doest mess with the fps mid game they are just the same as a finely tuned AEG

I guess it's the fact people spend so much money on them, they get a complex and have to justify the price etc.

I'll happily admit I've had an M4 built out of spares that would piss over my P*, I just like the ease of use and lack of batteries and thing to go wrong.

I think PTW users are the main culprits for arrogance lol especially at one site in particular :@

• Supporters

Nope because mine works and there is no crappy G&G parts.

Quality always pays off.

Actually its son's D-Boys 416 with core 13:1 gears SS 2 teeth on a m120 spring

left the stock 7mm barings in - bad mistake I know now

(should have bushings for higher rof guns and at very very least have a bushing under spur - even with ceramics on dsg's, if any of the 6 will fail it will be under spur I now have found out)

SHS piston stripped - poor weak too light plastic just stripped under 30+rps strain in less than 3k rnds

replaced with a better stronger piston and seemed to holding up well for a while

alas as it approached 20k it just locked/bevel broke up from bearings giving out and excess play in gear alignment

(2/3rds of bevel's 10 teeth to spur gear missing/scattered about box and think pinion took a pounding too as it was in a very worn state)

which brings it up my post fitting in shs 7mm bushings n glue n now a snapped pickup tooth

and me looking at marking up some holes on the all steel rack piston.....

deffo confirms my belief that a rof of 25rps is more than plenty chaps - jeez this mofo has been a massive tech lesson over n over

(still looking around even clever mofo's can have mishaps or bad luck - just on this one it seems never ending)

oh yeah - replace trigger & switch first time coz wasn't happy with D-Boy ones

new cylinder - shs type 1 for 407 tbb

new piston + piston head + cylinder head + nozzle + rewired with thick 16awg

yup all I need now is friggin' D-Boy's shell to crack as that is only thing left from original - oops nope the 395fps spring is still there

yup if gearbox case breaks I'm going back to B500A1 n plinking

Oh & peace guys.....

I couldn't give a flying f*ck what gun people have got, JBBG or p* it means jack $hit to me what the other guy is using

I like - well usually like messing about with it all, learning by numerous mistakes n breakages

(so what if its broke again - its just a toy gun ffs & gives me stuff to do)

then getting out there - acting the pratt & getting shot to $hit by kids - often my own kid

I like my crappy stuff - other like their stuff high or low end, if you are happy with your guns then that is all that matters

(if you ain't happy with your guns - lend them to moi - I'll show ya how to bust them real good)

younger guys who have them...the young rich kids who spray on full auto at 30rps+ from 10 feet away.

The only reason I am a bit hesitant about buying one is that I think I will attract a lot of hate just because I'm younger than someone you would expect to have a HPA gun

• Supporters

Actually its son's D-Boys 416 with core 13:1 gears SS 2 teeth on a m120 spring

left the stock 7mm barings in - bad mistake I know now

(should have bushings for higher rof guns and at very very least have a bushing under spur - even with ceramics on dsg's, if any of the 6 will fail it will be under spur I now have found out)

SHS piston stripped - poor weak too light plastic just stripped under 30+rps strain in less than 3k rnds

replaced with a better stronger piston and seemed to holding up well for a while

alas as it approached 20k it just locked/bevel broke up from bearings giving out and excess play in gear alignment

(2/3rds of bevel's 10 teeth to spur gear missing/scattered about box and think pinion took a pounding too as it was in a very worn state)

which brings it up my post fitting in shs 7mm bushings n glue n now a snapped pickup tooth

and me looking at marking up some holes on the all steel rack piston.....

deffo confirms my belief that a rof of 25rps is more than plenty chaps - jeez this mofo has been a massive tech lesson over n over

(still looking around even clever mofo's can have mishaps or bad luck - just on this one it seems never ending)

oh yeah - replace trigger & switch first time coz wasn't happy with D-Boy ones

new cylinder - shs type 1 for 407 tbb

new piston + piston head + cylinder head + nozzle + rewired with thick 16awg

yup all I need now is friggin' D-Boy's shell to crack as that is only thing left from original - oops nope the 395fps spring is still there

yup if gearbox case breaks I'm going back to B500A1 n plinking

Jesus Dboys you would be better off giving him one of your G&Gs.

Try the lonex pistons they are far superior to the shs. Their bushings are nice aswell.

• Supporters

To answer all of the above posts.

Dont think its cost as my aeg has probably cost me more than most hpa set ups but I dont get snobby about it (unless I am taking the p*ss out of duck).

It comes back to the whole elitist attitude some players have which really gets my back up. A lot of the weekend super soldiers go for them because of the perception that they are better and its their attitude that is giving the rest of hpa users a bad name. I also think a lot of the PTW users have gone over to them and we all know how bad some of them are.

I am not at all bothered if some hoses me down at 35rps fair play to them.

I like the idea of hpa and when some one comes out with a stock that can take small bottles inside so you dont look like your going diving for treasure I might be tempted myself.

• Supporters

Got one of the Lonex Ultimate Blue pistons but they are a tad heavy

And Swiss Cheesing don't save that much weight unless you go mega nutz

(I usually manage to lose 1.5gms by just lightening top half of piston

any more sides/underneath you can lose strength for a smidge more weight saving)

SHS bushings are not bad - but like most things you get the odd not so good review

but expected them to need few shims but in fact didn't intrude that much more into box

As for D-Boys, they got some not so great reviews in some models but the 416 Bi-801 ain't a bad one

G&G's - not sure about some of the TopTech 416's so thought I'd rip apart the Bi-801 than buy a WE 416

alas pushing it hasn't helped but just before it gave out it was a great looking and performing gun

(started to think - wow that must be one of the best builds so far - spoke too soon)

only revived this old thread coz of my joyful 24hrs in doing a "quick & simple fix" - jeez what a ball ache

never expected a battle of different guns or levels of toy guns.

c'mon group hug now - yup hug it out now, focus on the positive

nope f*ck it I still got the hump with poxy toy gun mechanics

• Supporters

You really like your TM's don't you :) come on guys lets all buy we pistols and g&g rifles :P

Go ahead its your money your wasting.

I am actually not a huge fan of TM aegs just think the TM hk416 is the best hk416 by such a huge margin. I dont own one I have only used one in a couple of games. I personally wouldnt buy one either because the platform doesnt interest me, if I was to go recoil would be scar h in black.

Scar or type 97b next me thinks.

Go ahead its your money your wasting.

I am actually not a huge fan of TM aegs just think the TM hk416 is the best hk416 by such a huge margin. I dont own one I have only used one in a couple of games. I personally wouldnt buy one either because the platform doesnt interest me, if I was to go recoil would be scar h in black.

Scar or type 97b next me thinks.

I like the scar alot but it's to big for me to hold properly :(

Archived