Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

19 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

“These are my is biscuits, there are many like them but these ones are mine.” - Pvt. Gotten Pyles.

3EAB54DA-1F81-47E3-99B0-7E1B3DBBA896.thumb.jpeg.06d069946e33ee9367067425dfc7ea12.jpeg

May you forever be bunged up.

4 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

“These are my is biscuits, there are many like them but these ones are mine.” - Pvt. Gotten Pyles.

3EAB54DA-1F81-47E3-99B0-7E1B3DBBA896.thumb.jpeg.06d069946e33ee9367067425dfc7ea12.jpeg

Was gonna ask WHY??? Then realised I've spend more than a few hours trying to find 24hr ration packs from my time in the TA the early 90's

4 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

All round yours for dinner then 😉

5 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

Biscuits Brown with rat pack peanut butter on is literally the driest substance known to man. 

Good luck heaving that lot out. Best you get a stick to bite down on! 

Very nice. Where did you get them? The site which is probably going to become my regular haunt doesn't provide lunch do I've been looking around for a good deal on MREs

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Very nice. Where did you get them? The site which is probably going to become my regular haunt doesn't provide lunch do I've been looking around for a good deal on MREs

MRE's in their various forms are usually VERY expensive, unless you start looking at your lesser known eastern European menu  variants, but you'd better have a strong stomach lol. 

For an average skirmish day, a half decent packed lunch should more than cover your need, MREs are better suited to a hard routine 72hr milsim, massive concentrated calorie intake, little waste product💩, & compact packaging. 

It is literally a loadout…. 😝

I do tend to carry a full belt kit for skirmishes, so scran and a couple of canteens are habit.

I do buy bits and bobs from evaq8/adventurefood/ukpreppershop etc but mostly of it is “from a mate”.

I quiet like some of the French rations. It’s just their beer that is too frothy! Never delved into the Eastern European stuff apart from the odd entree.

Half a rat pack is good for a day at work or an overnight camping trip if you are just bimbling along. A long spoon is a useful accessory. 😀

18 hours ago, Tackle said:

MRE's in their various forms are usually VERY expensive, unless you start looking at your lesser known eastern European menu  variants, but you'd better have a strong stomach lol. 

For an average skirmish day, a half decent packed lunch should more than cover your need, MREs are better suited to a hard routine 72hr milsim, massive concentrated calorie intake, little waste product💩, & compact packaging. 

They definitely are, hence me hoping for a lead on cheaper ones. I'm not planning on eating a whole 24hr pack on a skirmish day (I learnt not to do that the hard way😉). I just find it nice to have something warm to eat, especially as the temperatures drop.

I do buy bits and bobs from evaq8/adventurefood/ukpreppershop etc but mostly of it is “from a mate

Fair enough, I suspected that would be the case. 

• Supporters

Easy remedy, a jetboil, spare cup & a tin of all day breakfast from the shop, hot meal in 2 minutes 😁👍

To be fair a jetboil, or one of the decent copies, is a great compact investment, whether its for winter regular skirmishes or full on milsim weekenders, the ability to knock up a steaming hot cup of tea/coffee/bovril/hot chocolate at a minutes notice is an absolute lifesaver & can make all the difference to the morale of yourself & those around. 

It's a priceless asset🙏

Ask any ex squaddie lol

I've already got mess tins and a mini camping stove (not sure of the make but it's pretty good at heating up water quickly) so I'm sorted for that. The tin sounds like a good idea as even the civi camping meals can work out a bit pricey when you add the postage, especially now that my local mountain warehouse have stopped selling them in store

Edited by Cannonfodder

I didn’t realise MW had stopped stocking meals in store. I do pick up packs in the high street if there is a sale ie. Every other week at Millets.

Much prefer the wet meals over freeze dried so they can be eaten cold. But I usually have some of the latter in the tactical bumbag as they are so light.

I’ve heard Firemaple do a decent Jetboil clone but haven’t tried them as I have the original and a zip. 

I usually have Firedragon blocks on me as they are pretty stable. And they make a nice aperitif to crayons if doing  milsim!

I forgot it’s a picture thread so….

E5762CFE-5941-4E4F-A745-297763A1537E.thumb.jpeg.ae1b3273ce3968a11e6f54e464f94f4a.jpeg

Edited by The Waco Kid
Extra ‘Merica

51 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

I didn’t realise MW had stopped stocking meals in store

I don't know if it's all stores as my local one is an outlet store and often don't have the same stock as the regular ones

On 25/10/2023 at 17:13, Tackle said:

Easy remedy, a jetboil, spare cup & a tin of all day breakfast from the shop, hot meal in 2 minutes 😁👍

To be fair a jetboil, or one of the decent copies, is a great compact investment, whether its for winter regular skirmishes or full on milsim weekenders, the ability to knock up a steaming hot cup of tea/coffee/bovril/hot chocolate at a minutes notice is an absolute lifesaver & can make all the difference to the morale of yourself & those around. 

It's a priceless asset🙏

Ask any ex squaddie lol

And a bottle of Tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot…

IMG_7953.jpeg

Edited by Davet

• 2 weeks later...

A few of my CTSFO inspired builds

2.thumb.png.b2a775c9dd758fe4001b58c5f0db7ee2.png3.thumb.png.be0dc8358d748c148a1febe1e8b352c1.pngsccqbng-21-9-23-49.thumb.jpg.1ee44438595503006569d131c634b55e.jpgsccqbng-21-9-23-76.thumb.jpg.0f82563877914def106e86d21a8bc27e.jpgsccqbng-21-9-23-52.thumb.jpg.1c01d46c341326b34457d4a9dbd97aac.jpg

sccqb-nh-23-7-2027-107.jpgsccqb-nh-23-7-2027-121.jpg

sccqb-nh-23-7-2027-145.jpg

Edited by b0dhi

• Supporters

From what I've seen, a pretty good portion of all the TS uniforms floating around in the world are either all-cotton or more budget PYCO fabric and they tend to go fairly white after a good bit of use/washes; at least the TSP and Rothco stuff that's been around a while, not sure about the likes of emerson and ilk.

50 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

From what I've seen, a pretty good portion of all the TS uniforms floating around in the world are either all-cotton or more budget PYCO fabric and they tend to go fairly white after a good bit of use/washes; at least the TSP and Rothco stuff that's been around a while, not sure about the likes of emerson and ilk.

Tru-Spec and Propper used to fade after barely 3-4 washes.

3 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

What version of Tigerstripe is it?

It's the what was available and won't break the bank on Amazon version. Tbh I've never seen the point in spending silly money on clothing which is only really used for dicking about in the woods one day a month.

3 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

Bloody ropey looking urinals too.

Only just realised how dodgy that looks, especially with the guy on the left looking like he's asking wtf I'm doing 😂😂😂

Edited by Cannonfodder