The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

9 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

A lot of the modern 1-piece scope mounts do cantilever forward and don't require a lot of 20mm slots, what you have should be enough for something out there.  Cheek weld may be the other issue, as tends to crop up with designs from the 50s(ish) where optics weren't really accommodated for, so I'd say bear that in mind.

Found this little thing at Ant Supplies at a bargain price... it should be enough to hold the 4x32 air rifle scope I have (it's very light weight)

1186643529_Scopemount.jpg.9396271fa02b31eb0a3f5e2aabe743d8.jpg

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/scope-ring-mounts/weaver-picatinny-ring-mounts/weaver-rings-qr-one-piece.html

14 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Already posted it in its own thread but here's my newly aquired Cyma Blue MP5.

20231203_105016.thumb.jpg.d07b832d78aae71765efe5e5893d33c1.jpg

HK Master Race, amirite?  ;)

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

1720582933_JGG3Angled.thumb.jpg.cfb3913616a2ad36c266dc4fb5241b68.jpg }

Whew that's a nice looking gun!

Edited by MrTea

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

HK Master Race, amirite?  ;)

Yer right. 😁

The result of a couple of purchases. WE M9 v2 and Compensator  (Yes it would be better with trades and correct grip)

Can you guess the film? 😁

OLYM0626.thumb.jpg.da63883ce76a69c062e99a35d2f07c6d.jpgOLYM0627.thumb.jpg.e0f81d869d5da6726c65cf33669d612b.jpg

As used in: 

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Lozart said:

Handy they were formed after the war, eh?

Mm, with some ex Mauser weapon designers that were around in germany in 1949.. 😂  Just messing with Spoons obviously, just a choice combo of company + phrase, I think we can safely say HK now is fine.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Mm, with some ex Mauser weapon designers that were around in germany in 1949.. 😂  Just messing with Spoons obviously, just a choice combo of company + phrase, I think we can safely say HK now is fine.

I know, was tongue in cheek here too!

I like how they started off doing pushbikes and sewing machines and stuff and then just went "fuck it, let's make guns again!"

Didnt Birminham Small Arms do the opposite? Made guns then went off on a tengent and made bicycles?? Lol

• Supporters
17 hours ago, DanBow said:

Didnt Birminham Small Arms do the opposite? Made guns then went off on a tengent and made bicycles?? Lol

I inherited a Royal Enfield pushbike from my Dad YEEEEEEEARS ago. Had rod brakes and everything.

But yes, BSA did indeed start off making guns. Lots of guns. https://www.bsacompany.co.uk/history/

The SMR rail isn’t designed for MLOK, the rails not off spec or anything 😅

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2014/07/06/seraph-green-direct-mount/

This might be useful for you.

11 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

The SMR rail isn’t designed for MLOK, the rails not off spec or anything 😅

https://thereptilehouseblog.com/2014/07/06/seraph-green-direct-mount/

This might be useful for you.

Thanks bud, I’d just read that page too

i can’t be arsed getting the dremel out to make it fit, I’ll just revert back to using the small pic rail and the RVG that was on it already, I just fancied freeing up the pic rail that I was using

Anyone in the market for an MVG??

Never fitted 😂😂

• Supporters

There was a time around the end of the freefloated quad rail era (but before KeyMod) where the latest cool tech in handguards was direct thread attachment i.e. screw-on accessories.  The holes in handguards of that era do resemble M-LOK, but the many threaded holes are the key indicator when trying to discern.  We're talking right around a decade ago now though so I'd imagine most folks just aren't aware.

Honestly it was a great system that made forends thin and light, but often the accessories were proprietary to a given make of handguard which hampered adoption in the market and it all mostly vanished once KeyMod hit the big time.  Q are actually kinda going back to it now with their Q-Sert alternative system.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

There was a time around the end of the freefloated quad rail era (but before KeyMod) where the latest cool tech in handguards was direct thread attachment i.e. screw-on accessories.  The holes in handguards of that era do resemble M-LOK, but the many threaded holes are the key indicator when trying to discern.  We're talking right around a decade ago now though so I'd imagine most folks just aren't aware.

Honestly it was a great system that made forends thin and light, but often the accessories were proprietary to a given make of handguard which hampered adoption in the market and it all mostly vanished once KeyMod hit the big time.  Q are actually kinda going back to it now with their Q-Sert alternative system.

Ah yes, the joy of HKey et al. Fun times.

16 hours ago, The DrabOlive said:

I'm the proud owner of a brand new TM M4A1 MWS GBBR and it's gorgeous! Slapped a EO tech and an old-school foregrip on it and it brings back memories of CoD! 

Got it on sale for £450 so super happy with it!

DSC_0494.JPG

Enjoy mate! They are quite the beast. Big smile with each trigger pull 😁 

Second hand Cyma (metal and wood version) AKMSU, with a butt load of upgrades including a Warhead.

Owner offered me a dong foregrip with it, but I like the one on it. 

Shooting like a dream, he was only selling it as he needs the money 🙁

I'll probably field it this Sunday for the annual Santasoft game. 

20231202_180702.jpg

33 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Second hand Cyma (metal and wood version) AKMSU, with a butt load of upgrades including a Warhead.

Owner offered me a dong foregrip with it, but I like the one on it. 

Shooting like a dream, he was only selling it as he needs the money 🙁

I'll probably field it this Sunday for the annual Santasoft game. 

20231202_180702.jpg

A little bird told me you like “dongs”?

Im surprised you left it 😂🤔

Edited by Enid_Puceflange