The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

40 minutes ago, Jujujr said:

FIX BAYONETS!!!!!!

LOL, I got one for my M16A1 but the bugger doesn't fit properly.

Nothing too exciting just some ludicrously expensive, and hard to find, bits of plastic. What with the shortage of "heavy" BBs?

P_20230926_124741.jpg

Edited by MrTea

58 minutes ago, Chev Chelios said:

Got me some stickers and some Plasti Dip for the tired pick and pluck foam in my gun case. Killed hotel boredom for a bit and gave it some life. 

20230927_163001.jpg

20230927_163024.jpg

Looking good.. need to redo the foam in mine actually so that I can fit both rifles in.

On 18/09/2023 at 20:17, gavinkempsell said:

Got myself some West German field gear, G36 pouches fitted for now but some G3 pouches are on their way.

It's a bit tight on me (must have shrunk in the wash) but should be easy to get altered so I have room to breath or even move.

Feel the need for either another water bottle pouch or 2, and possibly an e-tool pouch, there doesn't seem to be a huge selection of pouches available for this or info about them, a couple of yt vids is pretty much all I could find. If anyone has more info about this PLCE please let me know.

378966355_10021942867847691_1355158309124371152_n.jpg

380607872_10021944561180855_8757387679709607837_n.jpg

376404845_10021940734514571_538800112556481421_n.jpg

I've had a set of this for years and years.  I actually have two large packs for mine and thus equipped use it for hiking/camping etc.  You need to get the inner, padded hip belt to make it comfy.  The plastic tags inside will hurt like billy-o otherwise after a days game especially if it's a touch loose.  I scavenged my extra pouches from a set in Hooper's Surplus in Norwich.  They are very helpful, give them a call and see what they have left.  Flecktarn UK also had a decent selection of bits, but these are no longer sold by the German govt. as they feared the diplomatic fallout from Kurdish militias buying them and issuing them as kit.  A German filmsim team snap up what appears on E-Bay quite often, but dig and bits can be found.

That would explain why there doesn't seem to much kit for sale, I'm prob more surprised with the lack of modularity... not a huge amount of info on it, whereas there's a ton of info about other nations kit.

39 minutes ago, ASP383 said:

Bit of retail therapy today ... TM mk23, 2x spare mags, DTD mk23 holster with molle attachment and some green gas. might try getting out this weekend to break it in.

Cracking choice. Any plans to do a bit of work on it? Classic choice would be a slightly longer inner barrel, hadron designs TDC, I/H plate, and a chopped down suppressor. All somewhat unnecessary of course (especially as you've gone for the excellent TM original), but fun to tinker...!

2 hours ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Cracking choice. Any plans to do a bit of work on it? Classic choice would be a slightly longer inner barrel, hadron designs TDC, I/H plate, and a chopped down suppressor. All somewhat unnecessary of course (especially as you've gone for the excellent TM original), but fun to tinker...!

Undecided, will get some game play with it first. My local RFD sells the upgraded mk23, which was in stock a short while back, but was still saving up and since sold out of both the upgraded model and the parts.

I'm not sniping or running DMR, so will see how things go as I use my M4 as main weapon, but like to sit in ambush, so want something I can do sneaky shots with and hope they think it's a sniper further away,

5 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Smug bastad! 

Its a full size bigger than ive been used to for about 10 years! 😪

Yeah but aren't you about 7 foot tall? Im sure you're average for a taller chap! 😁

12 hours ago, DanBow said:

Yeah but aren't you about 7 foot tall? Im sure you're average for a taller chap! 😁

As Lister would say - I would be the average size for a pregnant hippo

image.png.ef323280ad4563c25832a85ff3e38282.png

Edited by Dan Robinson

Yup, it's exactly what it looks like...

Got an odd idea to mould it to the various DPM shapes (copying my windproof smock), rattlecan a black base, cover the black pattern, rattlecan brown, cover etc, etc, etc.

Wish me luck.

Gonna try it on a two tone M82, if it's a success a two tone G36C is next.

386169307_23880378711577539_6815026903352535456_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

News to me but any excuse to play with plasticene is fine by me (my carpets better beware)

Gone & ordered some stencils after all, only noticed the shipping cost at the last minute...DOH!