Mid game reloading

Reef

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My son and I have played a few games now and I have a question on reloading.

We are still using the hire guns so only have one magazine. Often mid game we run out and have to reload which involves pouring bb’s from a bag into the mag and always end up spilling them everywhere. 
there must be a better way.

I’ve seen the dispensers but wonder if there’s anything else I’ve missed.

thanks

If you intend to buy a pew eventually you could buy a couple of hicaps for the hire gun you use, if it's a G36C then the mags will be cheap enough but might not work in a pew you do buy, if it's an AR you hire then any mags you buy will fit 99% of pews you guy & are cheap too.

p.s. buy a couple of hicaps (one each) when you buy your own pew you'll decide the type you prefer long term.

Edited by gavinkempsell

22 minutes ago, Reef said:

My son and I have played a few games now and I have a question on reloading.

We are still using the hire guns so only have one magazine. Often mid game we run out and have to reload which involves pouring bb’s from a bag into the mag and always end up spilling them everywhere. 
there must be a better way.

I’ve seen the dispensers but wonder if there’s anything else I’ve missed.

thanks

Practice bud 👍

We have all done the spillage of bbs.

With a high cap mag the quickest way to fill it is direct from the bottle. With practice you can hold the top of the mag with one hand which forms a sort of funnel to guide the bbs into the fill hatch.

I think it is harder to use a bag especially in the heat of battle.

You can get hi capacity speed loaders but that can be a slow noisy job.

In time you will get more proficient and loose less bbs and also your trigger finger will get lighter and you won't be firing off so many😉

These work well with a bit of practice.  Or make your own as Enid describes.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132131973156

The best bags are made by a chap called Denn who sells at Gunman occasionally.  You can find him on Farcebook as Denn Sews Surplus.  

I made one of those bags - very quick to do, basically a sewn rectangle of fabric, left open at one corner, and the neck and cap of a 500ml drinks bottle superglued on. I think I did it after my first time airsofting as I found the same issue  of BB's going everywhere when trying to pour them from the very soft poly bag the site that I started at gives you your rental BBs in. Whilst I now use midcaps, the bag is still going strong and gets used when I lend friends a gun+Hicap.

18 hours ago, Impulse said:

I think if you do this with a high cap you might break it?

It wouldn't be good for it that's for sure.

I have an Odin (for when I eventually grow up and move to midcaps) with a silicone liner and I use that to refill my hicaps using the thumb and forefinger funnel technique.

Most annoying thing is when you forget to close the lid on the magazine or odin and throw a tenners worth of BBs on the floor.

epicfail.gif

banghead3.gif

suicide.gif

I have a bb carrier made on the cheap. Works well though. Spout of bottle and lid, one old childs sock and couple of cable ties. Works really well as itcontracts down in size as the bbs are decanted so it doesn't make any noise.

One trick I found for filling hi caps is to put the mag into the bag and using one hand scoop a handful up the side of the mag till they fall into the fill hole. If you do this keeping the top of the mag in the bag any that don't go onto the mag will stay in the bag

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Shamal said:

Practice bud 👍

We have all done the spillage of bbs.

have to agree, whilst i don't find filling from a bag too bad (using the hand cupped around the mag as a sort of funnel) it's basically a rite of passage to spill a bunch of rounds.

op- once you're at the stage of buying your own gear a world of options await from autowinding box mags through to midcaps and an m12.

Won't lose that in the leaf litter very easily!   That's a good punt.     #OrangeForTheWin

(I seem to have lost my camo ammo bag, so "easily spotted" is an advantage not to be sniffed at)

Never did get around to buying my bottle of Lynx Africa, so maybe this'll get bought instead!

On 12/12/2023 at 15:13, Dan Robinson said:

using the thumb and forefinger funnel technique

image.png.eb97813cb005f463cc56d661bdc76dfd.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.