Why can't you read?

Jez_Armstrong

I get messages along these lines maybe once every 2 months for my old Real Sword Type 97, which I sold some 4 years ago. 

To be honest, it is indicative of a sub-optimal User Interface/Layout that this keeps happening. A modest redesign or better wording for the advert conditions ("This advert is Completed" isn't exactly foolproof) would rid the aforementioned fools of any ambiguity. Something like a massive red "SOLD" sticker appearing over all the pictures for the advert, maybe a popup warning before you contact the seller, striking-through all of the text in the advert, would do the job.

12 hours ago, Jez_Armstrong said:

There's been an influx of 0 post members sending me messages asking if a gun is still for sale, honestly in my inbox, at least 20

WHEN IT CLEARLY SAYS ON THE ADVERT IT'S COMPLETED AND SOLD 

*mumbles in old and walks off*

Hi! I'm a poor student could you give me some discount, please? 🥺

Edited by Krisz

1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I can't remember, what's the reason we can't delete old ads?

You can.  Under the ad there is a button 'Advert Actions' with the options to Edit and Hide

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Krisz said:

Hi! I'm a poor student could you give me some discount, please? 🥺

Only if we can then be speshul friends 😜

3 hours ago, PowderedAsh said:

To be honest, it is indicative of a sub-optimal User that this keeps happening

Fixed that for you

On 09/11/2023 at 11:24, PowderedAsh said:

I get messages along these lines maybe once every 2 months for my old Real Sword Type 97, which I sold some 4 years ago. 

To be honest, it is indicative of a sub-optimal User Interface/Layout that this keeps happening. A modest redesign or better wording for the advert conditions ("This advert is Completed" isn't exactly foolproof) would rid the aforementioned fools of any ambiguity. Something like a massive red "SOLD" sticker appearing over all the pictures for the advert, maybe a popup warning before you contact the seller, striking-through all of the text in the advert, would do the job.

I have to quote this.

As a non-native English speaker a "COMPLETED" advert had no meaning to me and I admit that I, too, contacted a user for an already sold RIF.

After the first time you learn, mistakes were made

• Supporters

This I get, many years ago I tried to get involved with the underground Airsoft scene in Cyprus, it was all very clandestine & all Comms were via a Greek Airsoft forum, which understandably was mostly in Greek, not easy to navigate at all. 

Although it was only slightly harder than having an in-person conversation with your average Scotsman 😜

6 hours ago, Cocha said:

I have to quote this.

As a non-native English speaker a "COMPLETED" advert had no meaning to me and I admit that I, too, contacted a user for an already sold RIF.

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

All though it was only slightly harder than having an in-person conversation with your average Scotsman

Oi... I resemble that comment.

On a side note (and possibly somewhat related), all the sold / completed ads remain in a user's wishlist for every and every and ever.   The option to 'remove from wishlist' disappears from the ad once it's completed.  Which isn't helpful, it it stayed active then I could at least clear up my wishlist manually.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2023 at 08:31, Cocha said:

Even as a native English speaker, and fully aware of the meaning of the word completed, it didn't jump out as being sold and I too contacted a seller about an item. He was very nice though and explained it in simple terms for me.

GET RID OF BLOODY "COMPLETED" AND PUT SOLD!

2 minutes ago, DanBow said:

Even as a native English speaker, and fully aware of the meaning of the word completed, it didn't jump out as being sold and I too contacted a seller about an item. He was very nice though and explained it in simple terms for me.

GET RID OF BLOODY "COMPLETED" AND PUT SOLD!

IMG_6609.jpeg.7bc2008d7b6c1623cc7813a1d67805d0.jpeg

clear enough for me but I’ve still had multiple messages from zero post count lurkers asking 😂

4 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

clear enough for me but I’ve still had multiple messages from zero post count lurkers asking 😂

Maybe we have to accept that there's a certain level of intelligence within the forum, we've reached it and now have learn to live with it! 😆

I agree, the wording is vague, "completed" could mean many things, e.g.

• if all the product information is uploaded, so the advert is "completed" and no further editing is expected

• if the duration of the listing has expired, therefore the listing duration is "completed", but the item may be unsold and there could be a new listing with the same item

• if the product is unsold, but the seller withdraw the advert, marking the listing as "completed"

While "sold" cannot be interpreted any other way therefore a better alternative

30 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

It's an MP7

image.png.093bfa970cbe1fddd8bad39ab19e502b.png

30 minutes ago, Pseudotectonic said:

I agree, the wording is vague, "completed" could mean many things, e.g.

• if all the product information is uploaded, so the advert is "completed" and no further editing is expected

• if the duration of the listing has expired, therefore the listing duration is "completed", but the item may be unsold and there could be a new listing with the same item

• if the product is unsold, but the seller withdraw the advert, marking the listing as "completed"

While "sold" cannot be interpreted any other way therefore a better alternative

but it does say sold , just below the word completed 🤷🏼‍♂️

I entirely agree with you but i have to say, i've pinged messages to a couple of older adverts in the parts area and come up trumps. :)

I was polite though.... 🤣