The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

Understandable Tackle. I totally get where you're coming from and have edited my earlier post to name the site.

Today I wandered over to Tower Airsoft, one of my regular sites; it was an opportunity to test the recently, and not completely, rebuilt VZ58.  On its first outing a few weeks ago, it had a range of about 25m and was shooting 0.25g BBs at 230FPS; it also performed the classic Ares trick of pulling the back off the piston.  It is now shooting at 295FPS on a 0.25g BB and has a range of around 60m:).  I also ran my MP5, which has crazy range.

It was a typical Tower day; around 45-50 people and simple but challenging games that used the small site very well.  I met some interesting folk and had some good conversations.

There were two highlights.  The first was in a fallback game, in the first stage of which we had to defend the village, where we had one life, before falling back to defend the bridge complex, again with one life.

After a hard fought defence of the village, the attacking team declared it cleared and moved on to attack the bridge complex.  After allowing a minute, I carefully crawled out of the bush that I had ended up in and cautiously followed them as they moved forward.  As I cleared the edge of the village another blue player, who had also been overlooked, appeared.  We had great fun shooting the opposing team in their backs, sniggering while receiving shouts of "Oi! We're on the same side!"

The second was in the last game of the day.  I was dug in behind the roots of a fallen tree, popping off opposing players as they appeared; after a while all went quiet until I heard movement behind me.  Drawing my pistol and turning around carefully, I found myself looking at a deer that was about 5m behind me; it beat a rapid retreat.

On arriving home, I found the real steel folding stock for the VZ58 waiting for me (Many thanks to @CzechMeOut!) and its new motor.

No game for me this weekend, as I had other stuff on today, however; yesterday we spent the day creating a new paintball arena for kids parties at Red Alert, much further away from the Airsoft areas.

This means there will be fewer occasions when a boundary is determined by where the kiddiwinks are splatting each other.

So bigger game area more often, with potential for other stuff we're not allowed to talk about yet 😁

FB_IMG_1665947068103.jpg

24 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

No game for me this weekend, as I had other stuff on today, however; yesterday we spent the day creating a new paintball arena for kids parties at Red Alert, much further away from the Airsoft areas.

This means there will be fewer occasions when a boundary is determined by where the kiddiwinks are splatting each other.

So bigger game area more often, with potential for other stuff we're not allowed to talk about yet 😁

Excellent!  Paintball can act as a gateway drug for airsoft.

On 06/10/2022 at 23:21, RebelScum said:

That would be the .30 Cal we had.  An amazing piece of kit put together by an incredibly talented engineer on our side.  Great for spraying the trees when we couldn't who was shooting at us.  There were a lot of dropouts unfortunately, but I have to say I had a great day, even with low numbers.  It helped that everyone got into the theme, which I think is half the battle for filmsim.

Who was it that organised this? Am booked in for frontline events games coming up but these guys sound amazing and I'd love to see what stuff they do as well

2 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Excellent!  Paintball can act as a gateway drug for airsoft.

This is absolutely true. Every time we're heading out to field, with everyone fully kitted and carrying their overly pimped RIFs, you can see the kids in the paintball prep area all staring enviously.

Just don't tell them about magfed paintball 🤫

3 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

Who was it that organised this? Am booked in for frontline events games coming up but these guys sound amazing and I'd love to see what stuff they do as well

Gunman Airsoft.  Frontline have a good rep too.  

If you want to tag along, I expect that @RebelScum or I would be more than willing to buddy up with you for a first game.  I play VC, Rebelscum plays US.  Pick a side, sign up to the Facebook group appropriate, get help with kit, meet new airsofters, get pissed in the woods.  It's all good fun.  

Sierra Bravo Airsoft do the same type of games. 

9 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

If you want to tag along, I expect that @RebelScum or I would be more than willing to buddy up with you for a first game.  I play VC, Rebelscum plays US.  Pick a side, sign up to the Facebook group appropriate, get help with kit, meet new airsofters, get pissed in the woods.  It's all good fun.  

Personally, given who runs Frontline and his criminal history, I would rather book on with Satan himself.  Gentleman has changed his name more times than I have changed  socks.

Edited by EvilMonkee

5 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Personally, given who runs Frontline and his criminal history, I would rather book on with Satan himself.  Gentleman has changed his name more times than I have changed  socks.

Sounds like a planned trip cancelled...

Who are we talking about?  No one with an inability to speak French I hope?

Having recently come back to Airsoft after a three year hiatus, I have recently discovered Gunman Airsoft in Eversley!! How did I never go here before! Great sites (Camps Alpha and Bravo), fair play (on the whole as the forcefielded ones get everywhere) and a bunch of top guys and girls running it.

I experienced my first filmSim at Camp Alpha on Sunday. Having only ever played CQB or Skirmishes, I absolutely loved the longer games, more in-depth games. It also helped that I invested in a Radio and headset which helped with the immersion. Turned up on my own and made friends with a great bunch of lads that became a mini squad.

Great fun, sneaking around trying to raid other bases etc. one funny part was myself and another team member spent 30 minutes creating to the main gate in the middle of the site. We were surrounded by enemies from the other 2 teams. All of a sudden, 4 well placed BBs came our way taking us both out. Arms went up, the call went out “Blue Medic”, short pause……. The guy that shot us says “ Wait, what colour are you?”. We obviously answered “Blue” followed by a loud “Shit!”. It was a case of Blue on blue… quite literally!! He was very apologetic but got shot as well whilst trying to heal us.

I only did half a day as I headed home early to score brownie points with the other half so it was a win all round. Can’t wait for the next filmSim as that is my new favourite game mode. 

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

A little history pls, have booked a milsim weekend and just bought a fal from them oh dear....

14 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Awesome thank you I for sure would love to tag along. Dyou know if anzac impressions are allowed at the games kr is it on US?

I will PM you

4 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

A little history pls, have booked a milsim weekend and just bought a fal from them oh dear....

Awesome thank you I for sure would love to tag along. Dyou know if anzac impressions are allowed at the games kr is it on US?

Sorry that's all you are getting. I am sure the event will be fine, its just one of the personalities behind the company I wouldn't touch with a barge pole

9 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Having recently come back to Airsoft after a three year hiatus, I have recently discovered Gunman Airsoft in Eversley!! How did I never go here before! Great sites (Camps Alpha and Bravo), fair play (on the whole as the forcefielded ones get everywhere) and a bunch of top guys and girls running it.

I experienced my first filmSim at Camp Alpha on Sunday. Having only ever played CQB or Skirmishes, I absolutely loved the longer games, more in-depth games. It also helped that I invested in a Radio and headset which helped with the immersion. Turned up on my own and made friends with a great bunch of lads that became a mini squad.

Great fun, sneaking around trying to raid other bases etc. one funny part was myself and another team member spent 30 minutes creating to the main gate in the middle of the site. We were surrounded by enemies from the other 2 teams. All of a sudden, 4 well placed BBs came our way taking us both out. Arms went up, the call went out “Blue Medic”, short pause……. The guy that shot us says “ Wait, what colour are you?”. We obviously answered “Blue” followed by a loud “Shit!”. It was a case of Blue on blue… quite literally!! He was very apologetic but got shot as well whilst trying to heal us.

I only did half a day as I headed home early to score brownie points with the other half so it was a win all round. Can’t wait for the next filmSim as that is my new favourite game mode. 

Try the Cold War games...even better.

In a separate note, are you coming to the Cold War game 1st weekend in Nov?

6 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

There is an ANZAC v VC game in May.  You would fit right in mate!

There are a few who run as a separate ANZAC unit at some regular games too.  If you were the only Aussie there, I'm sure some role could be improvised, but best clear it with the organisers to be polite.  

Join the UK Namsoft FB group and you'll get the events advertised well in advance.

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I will PM you

Sorry that's all you are getting. I am sure the event will be fine, its just one of the personalities behind the company I wouldn't touch with a barge pole

Try the Cold War games...even better.

In a separate note, are you coming to the Cold War game 1st weekend in Nov?

Nope.  I have about three East German and two Rusfor kits and nowhere to go at the mo.  My last full weekend game will be next weekend and then I'm back to filmsim days up the road.  Although by the time I finished writing that sentence I'm bloody tempted... 

42 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

There are a few who run as a separate ANZAC unit at some regular games too.  If you were the only Aussie there, I'm sure some role could be improvised, but best clear it with the organisers to be polite.  

Join the UK Namsoft FB group and you'll get the events advertised well in advance.

Nope.  I have about three East German and two Rusfor kits and nowhere to go at the mo.  My last full weekend game will be next weekend and then I'm back to filmsim days up the road.  Although by the time I finished writing that sentence I'm bloody tempted... 

I am squad lead for the NVA at this one.  NATO are sold out and the Warsaw Pact are on the Defensive.  Can you say 'Reinhardt dig in the PKM Genossen?'  You should come mate.  There is always the Saturday only option.......

Edited by EvilMonkee

22 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Always happy to help out.  I've met some great players in the Eversley Filmsim games who are a very friendly bunch.  The Nam and Cold War games have such a great atmosphere, with the effort put in by all sides making them extra special.  Saying that though I played there this Saturday with some of the regulars for normal Filmsim (Hunger Games) and had one of the best days I've had in months.  A great turnout, sensible marshalling (hit taking was really, really good) and some epic game play, my favourite being the group of three Red Team players that hid for 30+ minutes with an ammo tin whilst being hunted down by the Yellow Team.  It was escape and evasion as an art and their patience in working their way back to base through a swamp and heavy terrain was admirable.  As a Red Team player on the day, I also need to award top marks to a slightly lost Blue player who stumbled into a firefight between Red and Yellow and wiped out our position, before fortunately the Yellow Team took him out.  The Yellow players who moved up afterwards seemed to be struggling to understand how two different teams all ended up dead in the same spot.  

5 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/659916730874713/

Is this the group?

7 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

I will PM you

Admittedly new to the adult world but surely bad mouthing a company / person saying they're criminal but refusing to elaborate doesn't exactly help? Maybe its because I've got more skin in the game given the purchases, but if you wouldnt touch them with a barge pole surely its reason enough to say why...

--- Edit --- 

Had a look around online and found what it is I expect you were referring to about one of the directors and now I understand why you didn't want to put it on a public forum. Like I said still learning lol

Edited by JamesAirsofterAgent

15 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

This is the Gunman Nam' Group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/543235879119216

And Cold War:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119724884770726

2 hours ago, RebelScum said:

Great thank you

21 hours ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/659916730874713/

Is this the group?

Admittedly new to the adult world but surely bad mouthing a company / person saying they're criminal but refusing to elaborate doesn't exactly help? Maybe its because I've got more skin in the game given the purchases, but if you wouldnt touch them with a barge pole surely its reason enough to say why...

--- Edit --- 

Had a look around online and found what it is I expect you were referring to about one of the directors and now I understand why you didn't want to put it on a public forum. Like I said still learning lol

Oh I elaborated, just not to you :)

On 17/10/2022 at 23:19, RebelScum said:

Always happy to help out.  I've met some great players in the Eversley Filmsim games who are a very friendly bunch.  The Nam and Cold War games have such a great atmosphere, with the effort put in by all sides making them extra special.  Saying that though I played there this Saturday with some of the regulars for normal Filmsim (Hunger Games) and had one of the best days I've had in months.  A great turnout, sensible marshalling (hit taking was really, really good) and some epic game play, my favourite being the group of three Red Team players that hid for 30+ minutes with an ammo tin whilst being hunted down by the Yellow Team.  It was escape and evasion as an art and their patience in working their way back to base through a swamp and heavy terrain was admirable.  As a Red Team player on the day, I also need to award top marks to a slightly lost Blue player who stumbled into a firefight between Red and Yellow and wiped out our position, before fortunately the Yellow Team took him out.  The Yellow players who moved up afterwards seemed to be struggling to understand how two different teams all ended up dead in the same spot.  

Hey RebelScum,

I was at Gunman Eversley on Sunday. Despite having played Airsoft for years it was my first experience of a FilmSim. Wow, absolutely loved it! The more in-depth rules, longer games etc. The style of play definitely suited me as well. As a devout GBBR lover running real cap mags, I was only going through 2 mags in the 2 hour games. I can go through all 6 in a 20 CQB.

Hats off to the Gunman guys and gals, great organisation, nice and relaxed and amazing sites (Camps Alpha and Bravo). Really need to get involved in more filmSim and definitely do a milSim or 2.

1 hour ago, RobHedley said:

Hey RebelScum,

I was at Gunman Eversley on Sunday. Despite having played Airsoft for years it was my first experience of a FilmSim. Wow, absolutely loved it! The more in-depth rules, longer games etc. The style of play definitely suited me as well. As a devout GBBR lover running real cap mags, I was only going through 2 mags in the 2 hour games. I can go through all 6 in a 20 CQB.

Hats off to the Gunman guys and gals, great organisation, nice and relaxed and amazing sites (Camps Alpha and Bravo). Really need to get involved in more filmSim and definitely do a milSim or 2.

We have a Cold War game 5th Nov, loan kit provided if needed......

11 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

We have a Cold War game 5th Nov, loan kit provided if needed......

Excellent news, I will look into it and make sure I am free.

Do you have a link to the details?

Edited by RobHedley

15 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Excellent news, I will look into it and make sure I am free.

Do you have a link to the details?

Website https://filmsim.co.uk/event/red-mist-1-operation-statant/

NATO FB Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/119724884770726/

WARPAC Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/677131892467522/

I had my second visit to Bunker 51 yesterday. Once again the numbers were low (the first game was 3 on 3 due to quite a few late arrivals) but personally I prefer the quieter games. On the whole it was a great day with the only downsides being a gobby twat trying to play the hardman and starting arguments and threatening another player. The marshals did a great job and removed him straight away. The only other negative was when I took an oshiboom straight to the face. Fortunately the face mask took the impact so I only had the ringing in my ears to put up with. It was lucky as it was the first outing for the mask and I nearly left it at home. If I hadn't things could've been far worse