The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

4 hours ago, JustMark said:

Just got back from my first attempt and it was pretty good.  Not going to rush off and get even more stuff just yet though.

Might try a woodland style game next instead of CQB, that might be more my style?

Woodland games are a completely different experience. I prefer them over CQB as CQB is just hectic!! 

17 minutes ago, RobHedley said:

Woodland games are a completely different experience. I prefer them over CQB as CQB is just hectic!! 

Yeah, it was a bit much for me maybe!  Was fun but perhaps a touch too chaotic and those grenades are bloody scary in a confined space! 😆

Just got in from Gunman Cold War Filmsim.  Utterly brilliant as usual with a lot of very close range vicious firefights and ambushes.  Used the FAL as a 'Cuban' advisor to WARPAC forces and it shot lasers, really pleased.  

22 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

There will be another instalment in March or May I cannot remember which, according to GMA's rough calendar for next year.  

Thanks. Have you got a link to their Facebook group? I tried to look for it but I don't think the right ones where coming up

5 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Thanks. Have you got a link to their Facebook group? I tried to look for it but I don't think the right ones where coming up

https://gunmanairsoft.co.uk/

https://filmsim.co.uk/

Those are the two sites, Gunman Airsoft for more modern stuff, Filmsim for historical, Nam, WW2 and Cold War.

https://www.facebook.com/GunmanAirsoft  The other groups you need to search for FilmSim Events

Edited by EvilMonkee

Great day's Airsoft today, possibly my best performance on the field to date.

K/D ratio was easily my best ever.
Head Marshall/tech:  "Before I play against (me) I need to make myself a gun to counter that DMR I built for him"
Random guy I've seen around: "we always win when you're on our team"
SMUG MODE VERY MUCH ENGAGED
Got an AMAZING tag shot, landed it right in the middle of three lads behind a barricade. More luck than judgement though.
HPA SHOTTY: Bloody marvelous. BUT! Weight of the tank and shotgun on my back is too off putting, and the line is a bit irritating. Keeping it but for cqb only and will definitely NOT be HPAing any other guns. That said, it is great fun to slam fire a shell to empty and not worry about your gas remaining, and it's more powerful now.
Overall BRILLIANT day.

Also, something that really amused me:

The site also runs paintball parties for kids.
I'm sat on the tailgate of my truck, dreadlocks dangling, fag hanging out me gob, scalp tattoo showing, Lamb of God blasting out the blue tooth speaker, loading mags.
Paintball milf taking her kiddy in to a party looks at me with horror, kiddy is staring at me like I'm from Mars.
She looks away in disgust and immediately sees Ben, who is basically a 30 years younger version of me, dreadlocks and tattoos, and Georgie who is all bright pink hair and piercings.
Paintball milf grabs kiddy's hand and virtually sprint drags him to the paintball hut, while he's gawping at RIFs 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Careful love, your kid might contract STD, socially transmitted autism!

FB_IMG_1667764863940.jpg

FB_IMG_1667764857005.jpg

Well, had a very wet day of mixed feelings at dogtag Airsoft in Crawley today.

Day started off well good turn up of people for the morning game with the typical attack/defend rush game mode. they changed the defender teams respawn to a moving one instead of one life then fall back to next field. Honestly have mixed feelings about that but did feel to have more engagement so felt positive.

Marshals were spot on as always,.don't think I've ever had issue with them aside from their timings. If a marshal says 10minutes assume they meant 20.

Being a day of horrific weather most people left after lunch which was rather disappointing as they didn't know what game to run as numbers went from what felt like 80 ish down to 9. 

First afternoon game was a 4v5 death match on a field with too much open line of sight and not enough cover or concealment other than waist hight barricades which are useless if you're trying to move about to find people.

After that game another 4 people left leaving just 5 of us trying to figure out what to do for the last hour of the day. We all chose to disable MED rules and the "no full auto" rule and headed to the CQB field and continued to play a every man for himself death match will marshals moving around the field for respawn. Honestly I'd say it resulted in one of the best games of the day.

On a plus side it was my first time using my new G36 GBBR and it performed brilliant. Had to get used to ammo limitation and reloading mags between spawns but it made my experience all the better.

The team at dogtag were apologetic about everyone leaving and I don't blame them for the crap afternoon game that occurred because I doubt they expected THAT many people to leave (pussies) and they did redeem themselves after seeing why/how that mode failed and made the following game worry it. Also it seemed there was a load of pyro left over so it became a drag fest pretty quickly.

• Supporters

Never understand it, forecast was shit, almost to be expected this time of year, taking in fuel costs etc, people then pay their green fees on top of that, but then give up by lunchtime 😳

I've played in blizzards, torrential rain, you name it, but assuming you've got a reasonable level of kit, it should be a walk in the park, it's not like your gonna be out in it day & night for a few days. 

I blame all these sugar coated millenials 😜

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Never understand it, forecast was shit, almost to be expected this time of year, taking in fuel costs etc, people then pay their green fees on top of that, but then give up by lunchtime 😳

I've played in blizzards, torrential rain, you name it, but assuming you've got a reasonable level of kit, it should be a walk in the park, it's not like your gonna be out in it day & night for a few days. 

I mean I played the day in a t-shirt which was interesting 😂

But yeah if you're paying for the day might as well stay the day.

Playing actively will keep you warm.  Standing around talking gets you cold.  

Ponchos are £20.  

Not difficult.  

14 hours ago, Tackle said:

Some of us are the other way around. I hate playing in the rain, though that's partially because I like sniping and sniping in the rain is a chore because your scope lens gets soaked and you can't see anything; if I'm using my SR-25 or my m21, I'll usually just take the scope off in the rain and run iron sights, but if I'm using any of my bolt actions, they don't have iron sights so I'll be reduced to just using my SMG secondary and my pistol.

However, when everyone's calling it quits and lying around in the safe zone in the 35+ degree heat, I'll be out there playing as normal, drinking my body weight in water as I do.

17 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Great day's Airsoft today, possibly my best performance on the field to date.

@Skullchewer was this at Red Alert between Newbury and Reading? (I'm playing there this Sunday 13th, with my son and his buddy and his dad)

I've been spoilt by lovely comfy "safe zones" so not sure how to best handle running out the back of my estate car (other than bringing a fold up table and chairs, and dressing appropriately to keep warm). 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Impulse said:

I hate playing in the rain

Me too, 

BUT

If I need my airsoft fix, which is most of the time lol, & the stars align enough to give me a site I want to play on a day I can actually call my own, then irrespective of the forecast (within reason😏), then I'm going & I'll be packing some snivle kit to get me through whatever nature throws at me. 

That's what I don't get, good example, I signed up for a 72hr non stop a few years back, running in October, so obviously kit requirements need to be considered, & on the first night temps dropped & a bit of intermittent drizzle & people started dropping out with feeble excuses, but ultimately most of them had turned up (& paid handsomely) to play for 72hrs non stop in a t-shirt or ubacs & a rig, no layers to put on if it turned shitty, which considering the time of year its almost guaranteed at some point. 

That's the shit I don't get, as Tacticalpithhelmet has pointed out, even an old skool poncho is 20 quid & will make a world of difference. 

It's not exactly rocket science 🤔

It does puzzle me when people sign up for weekenders and don’t at least have some plan for poor weather.

It’s not that hard to put a fleece and jacket in the car. 

Even a basic old school smock would keep the wind off and you’re good to

go. 🙄

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

@Skullchewer was this at Red Alert between Newbury and Reading? (I'm playing there this Sunday 13th, with my son and his buddy and his dad)

I've been spoilt by lovely comfy "safe zones" so not sure how to best handle running out the back of my estate car (other than bringing a fold up table and chairs, and dressing appropriately to keep warm). 

Red Alert has a safe zone (quite a decent one actually). You don't HAVE to work out of your car but a few of us have got into the habit of doing so since COVID. Personally I usually work out of my car anyway purely because I'm too lazy to schlep my gear into the safe zone!

18 hours ago, The Waco Kid said:

It does puzzle me when people sign up for weekenders and don’t at least have some plan for poor weather.

It’s not that hard to put a fleece and jacket in the car. 

Even a basic old school smock would keep the wind off and you’re good to

go. 🙄

Totally agree. I'm stuck with using public transport so I'm restricted to what I can carry, but I can still pack appropriate wet weather gear if necessary 

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

Red Alert has a safe zone (quite a decent one actually). You don't HAVE to work out of your car but a few of us have got into the habit of doing so since COVID. Personally I usually work out of my car anyway purely because I'm too lazy to schlep my gear into the safe zone!

A well set up safe zone is my favourite. I think it's why I love dogtag Airsoft so much, their safe zone has excellent shelter and seating.

Although I'm tempted to get a camper just for Airsoft so i can always be in ultimate comfort.

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Totally agree. I'm stuck with using public transport so I'm restricted to what I can carry, but I can still pack appropriate wet weather gear if necessary 

You're already lugging gear about what's more a waterproof jacket. Besides I'll always favour a rain day over a heatwave day. Rain motivates to move and warm up, heat on the other hand is just murder.

On 07/11/2022 at 13:25, Fatboy40 said:

It was indeed, and I'll be there on Sunday too. Come say hi. 6'1 of dreadlocks, tattoos, terrible aim and inappropriate humour, you can't miss me. Well, you can but just mag dump, you'll be fine. 

21 hours ago, Lozart said:

As Loz said, the safe zone at RA is good, and they have plans to improve it further.

I always work out the back of my truck, with a fold up table these days, but have used their safe zone. It's not huge though, and can fill up quick so try and get there a little early to get a spot.

When you come say hi make sure you tell me you're from the forum, and not just your name like @Lozart did, so I was utterly baffled who this random stranger was that knew me 🤣

If Loz comes too we'll definitely need a forum selfie.

• Supporters
34 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

When you come say hi make sure you tell me you're from the forum, and not just your name like @Lozart did, so I was utterly baffled who this random stranger was that knew me 🤣

If Loz comes too we'll definitely need a forum selfie.

I do like to keep people guessing...

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

It was the way you said your name like I should totally know who you were. I experienced that "fuck, who is this I've forgotten?" sensation, usually reserved for family get togethers.

I fully saw that question flash across your face, it was brilliant!

On 06/11/2022 at 20:11, Skullchewer said:

Got an AMAZING tag shot, landed it right in the middle of three lads behind a barricade. More luck than judgement though.
HPA SHOTTY: Bloody marvelous. BUT! Weight of the tank and shotgun on my back is too off putting, and the line is a bit irritating. Keeping it but for cqb only and will definitely NOT be HPAing any other guns. That said, it is great fun to slam fire a shell to empty and not worry about your gas remaining, and it's more powerful now.
Overall BRILLIANT day.

That Tag shot was beautiful, sailed half way across the field before landing right by us and detonating. I did congratulate you about it later in the day because it was such a great shot and was one of the highlights of the day even though I was the one that got hit by it (I was the twat wearing shorts and a leopard hat).

It was my first time at Red Alert Newbury but I had an amazing day and will definitely be back as often as possible. Everyone was friendly and a really good sport and just there to have fun, no bullshit and everyone got along regardless of their playstyle and the marshals did a great job of keeping everything under control and running smoothly.

Hey! Good to see you here! That was such a jammy shot 🤣 One of those "I can't believe I pulled that off!" moments.

Red Alert is always like that. I rarely go anywhere else since discovering it, and that includes a decent site which is about 15 minutes from my door, when RA is nearly an hour away. 

It's just a bloody fun site, run by people that love airsoft. Very rarely any assholes.

You do still get the occasional bulletproof Rambo, but that's just airsoft for you 🤷🏼

I'll look out for the leopard helmet again. You are now a Tag Reaper magnet 😉

Edited by Skullchewer

Every site will always have some bad players, it is how everyone else deals with it that can make or break the day for me. I had such a good time I will definitely be back again, it is about and an hour and a half drive for me but is definitely worth it. I will just have to watch my back for long range TAG rounds😁