cheaters (rant)

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Eurgh, some people run around shouting "COLOUR" expecting you to answer like its some kind of auto radar ping or COD UAV or something.

If you dont know im in the room I will not answer, simples! when you then walk in and get shot that is YOUR fault for announcing yourself before coming in., not mine!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
1 hour ago, steakandpotato said:

Lol. If I call colour and you don't answer you're getting shot

had this happen once, in a push game (defending team 1 life per zone) we were pushing through the second zone trying to find the last man.

guy ahead of me gets bang killed but it didn't seem right, so i walk up to the bush aiming square at the guys forehead and asked if he was out.

poor chap had the wrong reaction, i saw a silencer move in the bush and reactions i shouldn't posess sent a bb straight into his forehead at point blank.

turned out afterwards he'd been having technical troubles and the guy ahead of me mistakenly took a bang kill, i felt so guilty seeing him walk around with a welt on his forehead for the rest of the day.

gave me a lot of sympathy for the likes of soldiers/armed police in terms of having to make judgement calls at a split second with poor information and getting it wrong meaning people die.

I've never played anywhere with a bang rule enforced. Been to a couple who say feel free to use it but don't complain if they turn around and shoot you

• Supporters
On 29/03/2018 at 6:25 PM, PopRocket123 said:

I've never played anywhere with a bang rule enforced. Been to a couple who say feel free to use it but don't complain if they turn around and shoot you

my way of understanding is if they try to do that rail em anyway, and if you haven't got enough of a drop on them to do that then it's not a proper bang kill.

tbh these days mostly i'd just give them a shot on semi to somewhere un-sensitive, or switch to pistol.

had it once a chap ran up and took cover behind the other side of my barrel, when he popped his head he found the end of my silencer was directly on his face and oh boy did i not want to shoot him at that range, we're talking literal inches to goggles.

got riddled by his team mates, but i suppose it was worth it for the "oh ****" expression on his face

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

my way of understanding is if they try to do that rail em anyway, and if you haven't got enough of a drop on them to do that then it's not a proper bang kill.

There is no such thing as a proper bang kill. I have come through a door and had a guy hiding the other side literally put the muzzle of his gun on my arm expecting me to take it. He should of pulled the trigger to save himself the walk.

Had lots of people try and bang kill me and have never been the one to go back to regen yet. 

Bang kill never works and is bullshit plain and simple.

Also wrong use of the term "rail them" 

• Supporters

Well, looky at who sees themselves as the protagonist.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

8L8xKwY.gif

... which might actually be doable against those players who run .45s in pistols. eusa_think.gif

• Supporters

Nah the reason the bang bollocks is easy to beat is because they shout it and either hesitate or just expect you to take it and stop paying attention.

Either one gives you chance to dodge sideways and fire.  Everytime so far they have either missed or just been caught out.

I never hesitate and always go for the shot as CQB is all about quick reactions.

• Supporters

My bang kills always work. I have a special voice that stops the dog running after a cat. I once stopped a robber with it (true story).

Brown pants situation. I do it when I'm behind you, have the drop on you and I shout "drop it" not bang, so that I think also confuses the victim a little.

I wish we could try it @ImTriggerHappy The unstoppable force meeting the immovable object. :)

I've never said bang. I've put my barrel into the back of someone and said if you don't put your hand up I'll shoot you. He put his hand up thankfully.

Pretty sure @ImTriggerHappy has shot me in the mangina at the mall before.. then proceeded to kill the rest of the team stacked behind. Teaches us to stand at a corner for too long..

Listen as far as I'm concerned the 'bang' situation should be taken similar to how armed response officers shout compliances out - The opposing person could still shoot them.

If like someone else in this thread said, I find myself in a situation where someones barrel is honestly at such a distance and where I could not possibly react in time whilst aiming at something like my goggles. Honestly, I'll take the bang. 

>HOWEVER<

If you expect me to take a bang from across a room, you're stupid. Shoot me

Some of the sites i play have a surender rule. If your with in a certain distance and have the drop you can say surrender.  But if they twitch shoot um this rule is explaind in the safety briefing vid before the games start that way there is missunderstanding after all you doing them a favour by not shooting them up close. They also have knife kills where you can just use your hand to touch them and say knife kill. Its best not to get them mixed up . Not only will you get shot from about 3 ft away but the 2 marshals and site owner who are stood there will absolutely rip the piss out of you

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I had a weird dilemma on sunday actually.

I was inside a shop at The Mall, and a yellow (opposing) player was just outside the door.

The shop was pretty dark, so he didn't know I was there and he was pretty close so I showed a bit of mercy and got him in the thigh.

He then stopped what he was doing and looked round confused and carried on.

Then I shot him again. Same thing - looked from behind him and carried on.

I then yelled "I'm in here mate!" and shot him again. And he said he thought it was his yellow team shooting him by mistake from down the concourse.

I suppose technically, the guy was cheating.. as team kills count as kills, but I don't think he was doing it intentionally.

Ah well, it didn't bother me as I got the guy out eventually and he didn't get shitty about it *shrug*

• Supporters

I don't mind the bang rule, or colour call - whatever you call them.. but I'd much prefer to take the hit. As others have mentioned, it is a courtesy thing. There's a fair bit of noise and confusion going on in your average game so it can be easy to miss somebody going "bang". Then there's reaction times and whatnot. Much easier just to shoot first ask questions later, especially in an average skirmish. I won't complain either way. 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I suppose technically, the guy was cheating.. as team kills count as kills, but I don't think he was doing it intentionally

He absolutely was cheating, he was definitely doing it intentionally, and he is unquestionably worse than Hitler and should be full autod with real steel.

Although a bit seriously, he was a dishonourable rotter and if he was trying to get away with that, what else was he up to?

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I then yelled "I'm in here mate!" and shot him again. And he said he thought it was his yellow team shooting him by mistake from down the concourse.

I suppose technically, the guy was cheating.. as team kills count as kills, but I don't think he was doing it intentionally.

Had a fair few problems with this issue on Sunday. It gets briefed but still people go what colour are you like it matters.

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Had a fair few problems with this issue on Sunday. It gets briefed but still people go what colour are you like it matters.

Aye.

Had another one where I was in the door of Salisbury's looking down towards candy land and a guy popped out from the next door way and I shot him.

Next thing I know he's waving at me through the glass, going "mate, what colour are you?!"

"Green"

"Oh.."

Like, why would it matter. My BB hit you, doesn't matter if you're yellow or green. 

Hand up and shut up.

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Aye.

Had another one where I was in the door of Salisbury's looking down towards candy land and a guy popped out from the next door way and I shot him.

Next thing I know he's waving at me through the glass, going "mate, what colour are you?!"

"Green"

"Oh.."

Like, why would it matter. My BB hit you, doesn't matter if you're yellow or green. 

Hand up and shut up.

I had one who shot me and then asked what colour I was and when I replied "dead men dont talk" got "you can at least say what fucking colour you are".

That created an interesting chat.

I don’t get why you would need to ask someone’s colour after you’ve eliminated them.  It’s irrelevant unless they shot you when in doubt of who you are

It’s more relevant to challenge someone for their colour if there is doubt - and be ready to shoot them if they are on the opposition or aren’t replying

With bang kills, tags, knife kills, surrenders etc it’s my opinion to have the following:

I’m not keen on a ‘bang’ kill if it’s just an assumption that you could eliminate someone, but it’s close up so you just say ‘bang’ and expect a kill

It is gentlemanly to a degree, but unless there’s a particular reason to be avoiding close up shooting then my preference is to allow for ‘tags’ and ‘surrenders’

In almost any game that I write the rules for I include tags and surrenders. The only times they don’t apply is when the game theme or type of game isn’t suitable.

A tag is a kill, and involves player one getting up close and touching player two.  This could be a gentlemanly kill by not shooting up close, or a sneaky kill because player one has managed to get in amongst the enemy - player one doesn’t want to give themselves away by shooting, so wanders around tapping players on the shoulder quietly telling them they are out. 

Unless player one has cheated their way behind enemy lines then I value their sneakiness.

A surrender is a choice - player one gets up close, asks for surrender, but player two has the option of taking a kill or fighting back

Player one could be bluffing and be out of ammunition, and get lucky or get caught out

Or player one may be acting gentlemanly, giving player two the option of accepting the kill, but could need to shoot first if player two doesn’t want to surrender and tries to fight back

Problems occur when people think they are under different rules, which can often be the case with the majority of players being regulars who know the site rules (or think they do) and also when some players use the rules they like as opposed to the organisers

rules

TL;DR version of anyone viewing this thread: Bang rule is stupid. Surrender rules have potential. Tag/knife kills are fine

Also: I'm pretty sure The Mall routinely takes the piss out of the bang rule.

@Duff may be able to clarify that

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I'm now primed to respond "Black".

The colour of Operator.  Always bet on it.

I'm a dirty scumbag, if I'm yellow and know its blue I'll respond blue. Only happened a couple of times and people were not happy :lol:. Not against the rules so why not.

Archived