THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Delete the G&P roller bolt and the Angry Gun parts, did you even read this thread much??

Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Delete the G&P roller bolt and the Angry Gun parts, did you even read this thread much??

I don't have time to read through over 5000 posts. I just wanted some advice.

On 22/01/2022 at 23:44, MAX DICKER said:

QQ: What's the best barrel nut wrench available for the mws?

I use the Laylax one - https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylaxfirst-delta-ring-tool-for-m4solaylaxprometheus-od-recoil-and-gbb-mws

Used it on the barrel and stock tube with zero problems. 

1 hour ago, kizzle said:

Thanks mate!

I don't have time to read through over 5000 posts. I just wanted some advice.

Loads of advice in this post. It's well worth your time to read as much as you can as most of your questions will have been answered, especially if you're new to the platform. 

It's never a bad idea to try something as it is, straight out of the box before considering upgrades. One thing I found from reading 200+ pages of this before I received mine, is that the MWS needs very little doing to it, if anything, to be fantastic. You'll find the majority of 'upgrades' people do are external. 

On 22/01/2022 at 03:28, AlphaBear said:

That reminds me..... I need to apply some seasonal maintenance to the MWS! I've not picked it up for nearly 4 months!! May need to get some fresh lube too. What are folks using again?

Last summer, i left my MWS outside for a week. through 2 substantial hurricanes. long story.

the trigger got spongey and wouldnt reset. 

I sprayed/drenched electronic cleaner (quick evap with no residue) into the trigger pack. dried. Then after, light silicone oil and grease. BOOM. crispy trigger back in action! hope this helps someone.

14 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Loads of advice in this post. It's well worth your time to read as much as you can as most of your questions will have been answered, especially if you're new to the platform. 

It's never a bad idea to try something as it is, straight out of the box before considering upgrades. One thing I found from reading 200+ pages of this before I received mine, is that the MWS needs very little doing to it, if anything, to be fantastic. You'll find the majority of 'upgrades' people do are external. 

Thank you for the advice mate. I will start reading through now. 

question for you all, what length inner barrel for an 11.5inch outer barrel? 

On 19/01/2022 at 18:37, Khyber said:

Hey, so with my UKARA still not registered. Been onto my local site for 2 weeks now and they still haven't done it. And I'm told it only takes 2 mins... 😒 anyway obviously my rifle still hasn't been ordered. But... I was originally wanting the mk18 version but the over used loctite on the barrel nut and the need for a URX tool has been putting me off, think I may be swayed back to a standard m4a1 as its so easy to access the inner barrel and hop up etc.. so got a question. I presume the gas tube running from the gas block/front sight back to the receiver is inert? Am i correct? If so is it possible to run the rifle without the front sight and gas tube leaving the hand guard / rail free floating. I'm not over keen on the front sight which is one reason I was going for the mk18. If it's fine to run like this it will make the m4a1 a more preferable choice for me again. As well as the fact its £70-80 cheaper. ( that leaves money for an extra mag ;)

Thanks in advance.

UKARA is a load of shit. You dont need it at all, you just need a valid defence. If you have someone on site that can confirm you are using it for airsoft you can get it. 

UKARA is just one type of defence, thats it. 

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

UKASA is the simplest solution

£30 quid though, for something that you can do yourself for free.  Been airsofting for over 20 years on and off and never had UKARA or UKASA. A valid defence is what the law requires.

Back on topic tho..Dave, help lol. I need an inner barrel to match my 11.5 outer..any idea what I need?

Ive been going through this thread slowly, up to page 127. There is talk about SixG nub and HSB? Ive clicked on his links and it doesnt seem like its been updated for awhile. I know Im super late to the game and have a MWS CQB on the way. Does this fellow still make these parts or am I out of luck? Ok back to reading the previous posts lol.

On 27/01/2022 at 00:54, Snippy said:

Ive been going through this thread slowly, up to page 127. There is talk about SixG nub and HSB? Ive clicked on his links and it doesnt seem like its been updated for awhile. I know Im super late to the game and have a MWS CQB on the way. Does this fellow still make these parts or am I out of luck? Ok back to reading the previous posts lol.

My last info was that they hope to restock at the end of January. The HSB is waiting to be machined and the one making the nubs is having some health issues. So patience is the way to go it seems. 

On an other topic: Does anybody have experience with the G&P Aluminum Buffer? After running the MWS stock so far and only changing externals I planned on using an aluminum buffer for durability and possibility of weights. It arrived today and to my utter surprise it doesn't seem to fit in the buffer tube at all.... Anybody has an idea why or heard of that happening? I found a reddit threat with a guy asking the same thing in June but no responses. As this buffer has been recommended numerous times from people I feel like I might be doing something wrong? Besides externals the gun is stock. 

Best regards,

Anubis

Edited by Anubis
Wrong letter

42 minutes ago, Anubis said:

My last info was that they hope to restock at the end of January. The HSB is waiting to be machined and the one making the nubs is having some health issues. So patience is the way to go it seems. 

On an other topic: Does anybody have experience with the G&G Aluminum Buffer? After running the MWS stock so far and only changing externals I planned on using an aluminum buffer for durability and possibility of weights. It arrived today and to my utter surprise it doesn't seem to fit in the buffer tube at all.... Anybody has an idea why or heard of that happening? I found a reddit threat with a guy asking the same thing in June but no responses. As this buffer has been recommended numerous times from people I feel like I might be doing something wrong? Besides externals the gun is stock. 

Best regards,

Anubis

Oh fantastic, I suppose Ill wait and check his blog/give him an email! Thanks :)

11 hours ago, Anubis said:

On an other topic: Does anybody have experience with the G&G Aluminum Buffer? After running the MWS stock so far and only changing externals I planned on using an aluminum buffer for durability and possibility of weights. It arrived today and to my utter surprise it doesn't seem to fit in the buffer tube at all.... Anybody has an idea why or heard of that happening? I found a reddit threat with a guy asking the same thing in June but no responses. As this buffer has been recommended numerous times from people I feel like I might be doing something wrong? Besides externals the gun is stock. 

You mean G&P buffer?

If I remember correctly, there are two versions. One for the stock MWS stock tube and one for the G&P buffer tube.

They have a different diameter, so you probably got the wrong version.

Yes you are correct, I meant the G&P V2. .. The golden one. I corrected it in the post. 

https://shop.jkarmy.com/g-p-marui-mws-aluminum-buffer-version-2-for-marui-tm-m4-mws-gbb-series.html

I can't find a second version of it though. And in the description it said "fits mws buffer tube". At redwolf airsoft website "drop in fit" for this buffer is in the description.

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/g-p-aluminum-buffer-version-2-for-tokyo-marui-m4a1-mws-gbb-buffer-tube.html

I did find one reddit post in the meantime with somebody saying v1 would fit while V2 is indeed only for proprietary tube of g&p. So beware if you buy it because the shops don't really mention that or at least I think it isn't clear. 

Edited by Anubis
New information

Rejoice! I've gone through all 233 pages!! Looks like majority is stock + SixG nub and HSB. Time to shoot out an email and hope Dave ships to Canada haha. What an informative post, cant wait to get my CQBR next week! Waiting for HK Post to resume shipping to NA to get some DP springs and hopefully some mags if I can find any overseas in HK ;-;

30 minutes ago, Snippy said:

Rejoice! I've gone through all 233 pages!! Looks like majority is stock + SixG nub and HSB. Time to shoot out an email and hope Dave ships to Canada haha. What an informative post, cant wait to get my CQBR next week! Waiting for HK Post to resume shipping to NA to get some DP springs and hopefully some mags if I can find any overseas in HK ;-;

That's some accomplishment 👏 well done. I'll get there eventually haha.

1 hour ago, Snippy said:

You nailed it dude. Only thing is have a 150% nozzle spring on hand and you are set, match barrel length to fps desires and go...

I've tested a lot of aftermarket stuff and the HSB and Nub is pretty much all that I have kept. I have spare marui hopup rubbers on hand and some spare TM nozzles as sometimes they can become deformed if using heavy BBs, but it takes like 7K-10K rounds before its even really needing replacement.

44 minutes ago, scar527 said:

You nailed it dude. Only thing is have a 150% nozzle spring on hand and you are set, match barrel length to fps desires and go...

I've tested a lot of aftermarket stuff and the HSB and Nub is pretty much all that I have kept. I have spare marui hopup rubbers on hand and some spare TM nozzles as sometimes they can become deformed if using heavy BBs, but it takes like 7K-10K rounds before its even really needing replacement.

Is the DP nozzle spring set the same, or is this specific to the Eagle6 one? TM Nozzles...ugh I was looking at Impulse101 and it seems Canada is not on their shipping list haha, might have to stick with DP nozzle for a spare unless I can find other retailers like RedWolf.

33 minutes ago, MalcyFett said:

Has anyone here used the g&p SPR front  end? https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-spr-full-front-set-kit-for-marui-mws-gbb

How hard are they to fit, compared to say a Mk18 rail?

I have no first hand experience but I know through a combination of anecdotal evidence from friends that G&P parts are usually a great fit without the need for dicking about.

An example of said evidence can be found here.

Though no longer actively taking part in the hobby Rob ahs a lot of experience with the MWS and the variety of good and not so good replica parts to go on them so his word is pretty reliable. While not the SPR kit the MRE kit is similar in terms of included components. The standout quote from the article being:

'The build has been fairly straightforward other than going on a G&P part number odyssey to try and track down some of these older parts. Speaking of G&P, overall their parts have fitted the MWS with no issues whatsoever and I would wholeheartedly reccomend any of their products that I have used.'

Not a first hand account, and as always to be taken with a pinch of salt as QC in airsoft is such a mixed bag... but hopefully somewhat useful nonetheless.