THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

6 hours ago, StoveCap said:

Dunno about this, couple thousand through and my DE's nozzle is fine and I've been using TM mags, and most people recommend using the GM mags with the DE because the DE mags are based off the GM mags (The GMs are just better though).

On the gas end, The max anyone should be putting through the MWS is red, black is overkill even in 0c, remember this gun was made to run duster gas in japan which has climates varying from scalding in the southerner areas to below freezing in the northernmost areas. Red is good for even 0c if you do your due diligence with sealing (Which is really required for running any gbbr in winter). Black gas is way more likely to break your gun (or even your mags, i found out).

On the oil thing, I'll admit im not lubrication expert. So I'd never heard of Parker Hale gun oil, and after looking at it, it doesn't seem to contain anything that provides a boundary lubricant (e.g. PTFE/Syncolon my beloved). It's marketed as a rust preventer(?).  What makes you recommend that?

Re black gas, in freezing conditions its pressure is considerably reduced, yes if you are stupid and use it when warmer breakages will occur.

You are correct Parker gun oil does not contain PTFE or any other modern slippery substance, it is a mineral oil of which its natural properties provide lubrication.

It is also lightweight, so it penetrates, does not clog, and it cleans, it is not a one time treatment, it is meant to be applied and removed with each usage of the RIF just as you would a real firearm.

I mean i havent run MWS's since they came out or anything.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Ulmocuk said:

its impossible to find 250mm maple or crazyjet inner barrel where you guys shopping those stuff?

they seem to be OOS everywhere, took me ages to track down a 370mm crazy jet barrel for my kc02 build.

I expect a big restock soon

I’ve been getting wrist ache in trigger finger hand when holding the rifle for long durations. It feels like the rear grip angle is too harsh and I’m having to bend my wrist a lot when holding the gun. 

Is this common? Any tips for this? Either new handle or change the way I hold the gun? 

16 hours ago, Ulmocuk said:

its impossible to find 250mm maple or crazyjet inner barrel where you guys shopping those stuff?

You can buy a longer one and cut it. I do it with 370mm prometheus barrel cut to 300mm. 

1 hour ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Get a new grip, one with a steeper drop off.

This helps (love my bcm gunfighter) but also make sure your stock is extended the correct amount for you, when holding so the stock tube parallel to your forearm, the stock end should sit neatly in the elbow crease. 

So many people have the stock too short, especially for airsoft (no recoil to manage). 

What are the collectives thoughts on carbon steel inner barrels?

9 minutes ago, Ulmocuk said:

Any budget friendly place to buy TM mags?
aftermarkets ones are extremely expensive when you buy 3+ price is almost double.

What's your budget and how many are you looking to get?

16 minutes ago, Ulmocuk said:

Any budget friendly place to buy TM mags?
aftermarkets ones are extremely expensive when you buy 3+ price is almost double.

WGCSHOP 100%

1 minute ago, woody_2231 said:

WGCSHOP 100%

Shipping cost quite alot I rather buy from ebay for pack of 3 around 140 postage inc.

9 minutes ago, Mad dog 49 said:

What's your budget and how many are you looking to get?

My budget around 35-40 each around looking for to buy 4-5

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Mad dog 49 said:

What are the collectives thoughts on carbon steel inner barrels?

Personally, the risk/chance of corrosion would put me off. Same with alloy barrels.

On 29/04/2024 at 09:31, StoveCap said:

Newish here too, had my DE MWS a few months now. So take what i say with a little salt, but from my experience and research -

Firstly, the Bolt needs to be forward, and the gun has to be primed. Just rack the gun, and punch out the pins.

Secondly, especially with green gas, you need to swap the nozzle return spring. Bavtac make the best out there afaik.

Thirdly, Its a whole lot of maths and physics, but Gas guns are prone to this thing called Joule creep - far more than their AEG or spring counterparts. Without going to jargon, you'll notice that heavier BBs have proportionally more power than they would with AEGs. To remedy this you'll want to get this thing called an NPAS. The best one out there is the Federal Concepts NPAS/ FEDA valve (However they're out of stock right now, as he's swapping to a newer version, shouldn't be too long until they're back in stock), followed by the RA-Tech, then the Angry gun. 

Sub-Note, using weaker gas is actually what the TM system is made for, green gas is stronger than what the system is designed for, so using duster gas (otherwise known as 144a) is also a perfectly alright alternative to installing an NPAS.

Lastly, after every game day. Especially if its outside, and especially with green gas. Explosive enterprises made a good video on how to maintain your gun, but its mainly - wipe the barrel, wipe the BCG, wipe the visible parts of the lower and all of the inside of the upper, apply lube where needed, and go.

Thank you very much for all of the replies just quoting one as I didn’t want to fill the feed, great information from everyone! 

I found some Abbey 144a gas but it’s got ‘maintenance’ gas written on the from will this work or no good? 

Thank you again! 

11 hours ago, Hound said:

Thank you very much for all of the replies just quoting one as I didn’t want to fill the feed, great information from everyone! 

I found some Abbey 144a gas but it’s got ‘maintenance’ gas written on the from will this work or no good? 

Thank you again! 

It has a higher Silicone content so not optimal to use.  The Silicone ends up on the hop rubber and negates the back spin. 

Yeah, don't run maintenance gas through your gun. It's great for storing your mags after a game day as the higher silicone content keeps the o-rings nice and lubed, but vent it out and refill with regular gas before shooting because as @Chev Chelios said, the higher silicone content will get on the hop rubber and stop it from shooting well.

On 03/05/2024 at 21:39, Ulmocuk said:

Thats a CGS (Cyma Gas System) which is just T8 Shit renamed. It wont work with your MWS (not well atleast). Avoid any and everything T8 / CGS.

Its stupid that they're still trying to market T8 stuff as MWS compatible. 

2 hours ago, StoveCap said:

Thats a CGS (Cyma Gas System) which is just T8 Shit renamed. It wont work with your MWS (not well atleast). Avoid any and everything T8 / CGS.

Its stupid that they're still trying to market T8 stuff as MWS compatible. 

Thanks mate appreciated 👍 

Posted (edited)

Today, I finally found the time to install my Flamingo 60 bucking, Titan nub, and Crazjet inner barrel (250mm) into my N4 Noveske. However, I was disappointed with the results I got. When I tested my upgraded N4, the range and accuracy were almost the same as when it was stock. I couldn't think of anything I might have done wrong. Have any of you encountered this problem before? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I was using the mag EMG Helios Noveske N4 M4 MWS Gen 3 Gas Magazine by Double Eagle ( Hate these mags but it is only available atm)
With nurpol green gas and 0.32 BB

Edited by Ulmocuk

Have you changed the gas routers in the DE mags? The stock ones are not a great seal. Try the GM ones.

I've picked up the GM v3.5 nozzle as pictured, does anyone know what the rubber o ring is for and where it goes?

screenshot-7-3-2024-103310-ws-rwa-group-com.jpg

Yeap. You need to put in around the metallic part at the end of the spring nozzle.