Jump to content
Mack

Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any airsoft-related site in this thread. This includes from AF-UK itself.

Message added by proffrink

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

 

That is some serious money, but honestly most people spending that much build their own guns.

It has some top end and very expensive parts, but if it were mine, from experience, I’d split it for parts

 

Exactly. Seems like he’s trying to get back what he put in, that doesn’t happen. 

 

I imagine the nova parts aren’t cheap, couple of other bits there aren’t either. The rest just seems meh to me. Guarder, TM, and WE bits, nothing special. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely an example of not really knowing the market place , as Bert said there’s no way the kind of player who’s going to drop that much money on a pistol would buy one ready built OR the belt rig either i’d have thought , unless he splits it all up I don’t see that going as is ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Definitely an example of not really knowing the market place , as Bert said there’s no way the kind of player who’s going to drop that much money on a pistol would buy one ready built OR the belt rig either i’d have thought , unless he splits it all up I don’t see that going as is ? 

 

I agree with you that I don't think it will sell. However, I've said this before. There is a lot more people in Airsoft with money than there is technical skill. 

You only have to look at the amount of LVL10 builds (£1,200) that Eagle6 throws out on a regular basis. People happily will throw money at a solution that will work rather than save some money and do it themselves. 

So back to the topic - if someone is looking for that level of pistol and they dont want to or know how to build it - then maybe it will go. I'd be surprised though ONLY because it would be better off in a a specialised selling place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue I'd have is giving that much money to some random in return for a Frankengun that may perform, better, the same, or worse than a stock one.

 

It's not the parts that matter, it's how the the sum of them perform together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The borg nailed it , £1200 on a gun from Eagle6 ? Immaterial of what you may think about the guy behind it but he’s been in the business a longtime and knows his way around guns and you know your getting your monies worth .

£550 on a unknown seller ? Could be awesome ? But more than likely it’ll be a bag of tits that’ll function like a legless football player .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The borg nailed it , £1200 on a gun from Eagle6 ? Immaterial of what you may think about the guy behind it but he’s been in the business a longtime and knows his way around guns and you know your getting your monies worth .

£550 on a unknown seller ? Could be awesome ? But more than likely it’ll be a bag of tits that’ll function like a legless football player .  

 

Yes but now you're changing your stance.


originally it was the cost (not the sellers technical ability) and would be better off splitting.

 

The cost is irrelevant really as people spend more than £550 on upgraded TMs and Systemas, DAS systems etc...

 

Personally, this example is a grey area for this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

 

Yes but now you're changing your stance.


originally it was the cost (not the sellers technical ability) and would be better off splitting.

 

The cost is irrelevant really as people spend more than £550 on upgraded TMs and Systemas, DAS systems etc...

No not changing obviously you just misunderstood my point , I just took it as read that everyone was of the opinion (as are basically all the players I know) when your talking about these high figures for pistol up-grades (NOT AEG/GBBR’s) then as far I’m concerned cost/skill are just two faces of the same coin , if you want a pistol like this one then you’ve obviously got the knowledge to do it your self so you’d buy your own parts and build it your self or if you want to buy an ‘off the shelf’ you’d buy from a reputable retailer and not drop this kind of money on an unknown seller , hence can’t see it selling as is .

Including TM’s/Systemas/etc in the argument is rather pointless as there already passing that price range stock before anyone even mentions up-grades ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

No not changing obviously you just misunderstood my point , I just took it as read that everyone was of the opinion (as are basically all the players I know) when your talking about these high figures for pistol up-grades (NOT AEG/GBBR’s) then as far I’m concerned cost/skill are just two faces of the same coin , if you want a pistol like this one then you’ve obviously got the knowledge to do it your self so you’d buy your own parts and build it your self or if you want to buy an ‘off the shelf’ you’d buy from a reputable retailer and not drop this kind of money on an unknown seller , hence can’t see it selling as is .

Including TM’s/Systemas/etc in the argument is rather pointless as there already passing that price range stock before anyone even mentions up-grades ! 

 

Firstly, its a discussion not an argument and I dont particularly care about the outcome.

 

However, knowledge about a product and upgrades etc... doesn't mean you can do it yourself. I could reel off all the perceived best upgrades for a VSR upgrade along with tweaks for air seal etc... but that doesn't mean I have the skill to do it myself.

 

My main point is/was that why pick holes in the pistol just because its £550 when no one takes a second glance at a fully upgraded TM for £800 in the second hand section. You're still buying from an 'unknown buyer' hence why I said the price is irrelevant in regards to the pistol. 

My point for including the TM/Systemas in the discussion is again...people spend more than the pistol price from unknown sellers but as I said above, no1 seems to point that on on this thread. Also you can buy TMs for less than £550 new - there are only 5 rifles over £550 on the E6 website)

 

image.thumb.png.893e59fe40bec4934d7b75400b9c6f96.png

All payments are made through PP so if its shit when it arrives or doesnt have quoted parts etc.. file a claim. Ther is enough threads also about buying from retailers to scare you away from dropping £10 with them. 

 

Again...I agree that this wont sell (or I'd be very surprised) I just don't think its quite right for this thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so much the price though I do think its excessive.  More the gall of selling a pistol thats 50% WE parts as a TM

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh, that's a minor sin, it's clearly described in substantial detail, even down to the postage and payment method.  I wish more ads were like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, I more think of it as chancing your arm but there we go opinions etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Not so much the price though I do think its excessive.  More the gall of selling a pistol thats 50% WE parts as a TM

 

 



Fair play for your opinion, but I totally disagree with it.

I had the "gall" to install the WE parts as a full TM build in the WE slide did not cycle. Further, the stress of a metal slide is likely to cause wear on many of the TM parts that simply weren't designed for it. I'd rather break the WE parts and still have spare TM parts to use. Especially considering PX4 parts are hard to come by, or you have companies charging crazy prices for small parts.

The fact that the package includes the entirety of a TM pistol negates it "being 50% of a WE". If a buyer wishes to change the internals then they can do so. It contains a TM and a WE pistol. 

 

As for the price, a fully functioning pistol package with 7 mags, 6 TM, and almost a second pistol is "excessive"? Maybe you should post some of the shagged WE pistols with 2 mags being listed at their retail value instead 😂

Whatever floats your boat though mate, I'll still sell it with no problems :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touch a nerve?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh you clearly mistake me for a troll, which I hope most of the regular membership here will attest I am not.  Glad that you have taken the points on board, and in a constructive manner. 

Though you do get minus points for running a HPA PKM - that IS heresy of the highest order :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's no worries. As I said, I'm always open to criticisms of my sales posts. Can't get it right every time :) Though I figure it's always better to start high(er) on value with the expectation people will ask if you'll lower it.

I read about 10 pages back and it seems relatively light hearted in this thread so I've got a better grasp what it's for. Admittedly I'm new to this forum but I've been on Z1 since 2010, came over here on the basis that I needed a functioning non-ghost town forum to be able to sell things. 

How dare you make inflammatory statements about my glorious PKM. Though not going to lie, I've had it since 2013 when I shelled out £1000 building it brand new and I've never used it. It just looks awesome. I've tried selling it twice but I ended up conveniently forgetting to reply to people who want to buy it. In short, I'll probably still have it when I'm 80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth Jay, I thought your advert was fine.

 

Well written and descriptive with good photos. Thought the price was fair for what you got too...

 

Leagues above the normal advert we're used to seeing on here, keep them like that and you'll be fine :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

For what it's worth Jay, I thought your advert was fine.

 

Well written and descriptive with good photos. Thought the price was fair for what you got too...

 

Leagues above the normal advert we're used to seeing on here, keep them like that and you'll be fine :)

I’m with L3wisD on this as well , don’t see it as misleading in any way shape or form and a fair price too .

Crack on bud ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeh, I didn't have any real issue with the price and maybe came across stronger than intended.  As you have noticed this is meant to be quite a light hearted poke at adverts. 

 

If you really want rid of that PKM I have a friend who may be interested dependent on functionality and the price....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

I don't normally like to post things like these but...

 

https://www.prefired.com/ads/double-eagle-g36-aeg/

 

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

 

But it is a great starter gun!  Having folded stock makes you look tacti-cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

An FPS between 290-350.

 

That's a helluva variation.

At least he's probably not lying..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...