Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I do appreciate PatrolBase's (apparent) honesty about their boneyard stock - they list more details than other retailers tend to.

But I agree that they're dreaming about the prices.  Unless it's something that's out of stock, that you absolutely must have, I can't see why you'd bother.

It's also problematical for them to sell without return, refund or warranty.  Consider if you received something described as "minor handling scuffs, otherwise OK" and it turned out to be rekt beyond redemption. What do?

Yep.

They seem pretty honest, however goodness knows what other gremlins are hiding inside. And without any warranty too... big risk IMO.

Out of stock, "must" have? Nah, I'd rather wait than get shafted with no comeback.

300 fps??? Aye right mate, in an alternate Walt universe on they wee rough 0.12g yellow pieces of dung that destroy many a half decent airsoft gnu and using a nuclear fusion reactor to power it. Here on Earth you'll be lucky to see 200fps on point 2s. Very, very lucky.

Spare bat, spare mags, ok fair enough but new it's about £110. Robust wee thing being JG but performance wise pretty pish, you'd be better flinging BBs by hand at your oppos.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, emit said:

£150 for a used JG Mac 10. Are they collectibles that appreciate in value?

Another victim of the airsoft curse of buying everything that you'd need to skirmish with a gnu up front, then as soon as the unboxing hit has worn off, realising that you never will.

20 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

performance wise pretty pish, you'd be better flinging BBs by hand at your oppos

I'd assume that having test shot it, he's just realised that.  Probably bought the "300fps" lie and now thinks he can sell it in to another mug.

Although I think my favourite part is disclosing that the retailer has already refused a return, so you can be absolutely guaranteed that you have no possible comeback if it turns out to be a complete lemon. :D 

7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Another victim of the airsoft curse of buying everything that you'd need to skirmish with a gnu up front, then as soon as the unboxing hit has worn off, realising that you never will.

I'd assume that having test shot it, he's just realised that.  Probably bought the "300fps" lie and now thinks he can sell it in to another mug.

Although I think my favourite part is disclosing that the retailer has already refused a return, so you can be absolutely guaranteed that you have no possible comeback if it turns out to be a complete lemon. :D 

Can't return it as the seller doesn't sell airsoft anymore doesn't sound plausible.

22 hours ago, emit said:

£150 for a used JG Mac 10. Are they collectibles that appreciate in value?

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/23129-jing-gong-jg0452-mac-10-–-black-almost-new/

Some retailers are selling those things for close to £180.00. i had one briefly that I got for £60 posted from gunfire in The distant time of 2019. Looking at the package two extra mags and another battery if the OP went to the wrong shop this could have been over £200 new.

Edited by BigStew
Spelling, additional info

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Some retailers are selling those things for close to £180.00. i had one briefly that I got for £60 posted from gunfire in The distant time of 2019. Looking at the package two extra mags and another battery if the OP went to the wrong shop this could have been over £200 new.

So pardon my non Political Correctness 

If he went to the “wrong shop” what an Effing Mong he is 🤭

15 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

So pardon my non Political Correctness 

If he went to the “wrong shop” what an Effing Mong he is 🤭

May we always be clued up and find the best price and never ever get ripped off. Or least have the sense to accept your lose.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, BigStew said:

Some retailers are selling those things for close to £180.00

Offering for sale, rather than selling. It's telling that PatrolBase are out of stock at £95, and you have to go to £130 or so before you find any in stock.

I was saying earlier it's surprising that UK retailers haven't punted prices to the moon, but actually some have.  They must be like dragons, preferring to sit on their hoard rather than bearing to part with any of it. :D 

13 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Offering for sale, rather than selling. It's telling that PatrolBase are out of stock at £95, and you have to go to £130 or so before you find any in stock.

I was saying earlier it's surprising that UK retailers haven't punted prices to the moon, but actually some have.  They must be like dragons, preferring to sit on their hoard to bear to part with any of it. :D 

Can't get a TM 5.1 hi capa for anything other than stupid money people need to stop recommending them I am not paying over £300 for a pair of stainless 5.1s

Now, I'd never make fun of anything that anyone buys, considering my completely pish loadout which consists of a mighty Unreal Tournament 2004 Redeemer-esque slayer of a UAR, an awe-inducing plastic fantastic Lancer Tactical M4 and an utter death machine of a 20 quid Chinesium 1911 springer. Add in some thoroughly geeky and naff fake sci fi foam armour, and I'm less Master Chief, more Disaster Chief.

However... before purchasing my awesomely unimpressive gear I did my research thoroughly, so knew what to expect and made my choices deliberately within my budget. And I'm happy with my choices.

Quite amazing how many folk jump into things, not just airsoft, blindly spaffing wads of dough like Rishi Sunak on a bender without having the faintest scooby doo about what their riches are going towards. Their choice I suppose. 

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Can't get a TM 5.1 hi capa for anything other than stupid money people need to stop recommending them I am not paying over £300 for a pair of stainless 5.1s

Wow, new or used? Not a hi capa fan but thats mental money. Think Airsofts going to resemble Mad Max soon, folk turning up at skirms bartering over gnus and having duels to decide who gets what 😀

32 minutes ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

Now, I'd never make fun of anything that anyone buys, considering my completely pish loadout which consists of a mighty Unreal Tournament 2004 Redeemer-esque slayer of a UAR, an awe-inducing plastic fantastic Lancer Tactical M4 and an utter death machine of a 20 quid Chinesium 1911 springer. Add in some thoroughly geeky and naff fake sci fi foam armour, and I'm less Master Chief, more Disaster Chief.

However... before purchasing my awesomely unimpressive gear I did my research thoroughly, so knew what to expect and made my choices deliberately within my budget. And I'm happy with my choices.

Quite amazing how many folk jump into things, not just airsoft, blindly spaffing wads of dough like Rishi Sunak on a bender without having the faintest scooby doo about what their riches are going towards. Their choice I suppose. 

Wow, new or used? Not a hi capa fan but thats mental money. Think Airsofts going to resemble Mad Max soon, folk turning up at skirms bartering over gnus and having duels to decide who gets what 😀

New Generally don't buy used pistols. I want to used them as bases for para ordances as they are double stacks.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

So team, what is this really worth?

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/l1a1/

Its a King Arms SLR in almost perfect condition  

With or without the aluminium case? 🤪

Is it the same model?

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/6mm-king-arms-fal.html

Edited by emit

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

So team, what is this really worth?

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/l1a1/

Its a King Arms SLR in almost perfect condition  

It ain't worth that lol😏

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’s the same model, but as you can see, it’s discontinued and renowned for being an extremely accurate copy.

I need to know what it’s actually worth lol, I know it’s not £1500

Tbh, even with all the mags, no more than £600ish 🤔

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Christ inflation is  bad i bought one years ago for £180 and punted it for £130 as no one wanted it.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

If I win the lottery tonight, I'll offer him a grand.  

I want that gun.  One day.

2 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Christ inflation is  bad i bought one years ago for £180 and punted it for £130 as no one wanted it.

If I win the lottery tonight I'll build a time machine.

£150 for cash?

47 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

If I win the lottery tonight, I'll offer him a grand.  

I want that gun.  One day.

If I win the lottery tonight I'll build a time machine.

£150 for cash?

Yeah I can do that

• Supporters

I think he must be on this forum , it’s dropped to 900 now ! 🤣🤣

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Still a feckin dreamer lol. 

C'mon, if your on here, put your hand up & tell us we're wrong 😉

14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Mate of mine selling it, chancing his arm as the gun has a lot of sentiment for him

Just now, Tackle said:

Still a feckin dreamer lol. 

C'mon, if your on here, put your hand up & tell us we're wrong 😉

He’s not, stopped playing airsoft prior to Covid, never into forums

• Supporters
1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

Mate of mine selling it, chancing his arm as the gun has a lot of sentiment for him

Clearly he really doesn't want to sell it, it's not one of those "the wife says it's got to go so it's priced accordingly" is it ? 😏