DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Why does my gun look shit compared to everyone else's argh even when it's the same gun and everything...? :|

Needs more accessories...

I think your gun looks fine, B, for an M4. Maybe put some of those hexagons on the stock too... maybe give the receiver a thin coat of tan, add the hexagons in green and then distress the living shight out of it so the black shows through. It'd look like it's been through a sand storm or three on ops...

• Supporters

Here is the picture of my finished mesh face mask. Skirmished with this yesterday and it's brilliant you forget your even wearing it!

http://i.imgur.com/Z3ImJui.jpg

• Supporters

That looks good, Arden, but I don't think it would work on my face. The only way it would stay on is to have it really tight to my top lip :( I'd have to cut the nose out as a slot so the cheekbone bits were still there, then put pads on them to stop chaffing... like i already do :lol: but i'd gain not having the nose piece bottom centre in my field of view. It's worth thinking about.

• Supporters

I'll take a picture with it on because I find it sits soo nicely

Sort of a DIY related question so I hope its ok to post here :)

I was wandering if somebody could answer me what is probabaly a very simple/aubvious question:

Basically I have on of these

31n6x-cMMHL._SY300_.jpg

For My Ultrafire c8 flashlight.

The only problem is the flashlight has 5 modes, and everytime you turn the flashlight on and off again, it switches mode, unless you wait 5 minutes. This means if you release a bit to much pressure from the pad with your finger, the flashlight turns off, meaning when you go to turn it on again you end up changing to a lower/higher mode or end up strobing somebody by mistake. Which isn't helpful.

I was wandering; If I cut off the pressure pad/switch part at the end of the wire would I be presented with 2 wires? And if so, could they simply be spliced/soldered to one of these with ease?

rygeij1366593311324.jpg

Maybe not that exact switch, but just a simple on/off switch that has two contacts underneath?

Atleast then, I could stick it with tape/velcro near the trigger on my vsr11 so I could switch it on, and leave it be without having to press incredibly hard on it at all times. It will also be pretty neat as i could then Mount my torch onto my off-road motorbike's front forks and have the switch up on the handlebars to operate it with.

I apoligise if this is a pretty naff question, but I dont want to ruin a perfectly good, albeit it annoying pressure pad in an attempt to replace the pressure siwtch for a on/off one.

Thanks for your time folks :)

yes, that would definitely work, if you wanted to you could wire the pressure pad and a switch in parallel and you'd be able to pick between the two.

Thank you very much :)

Glad I asked the question on here, seeing as nobody was interested in even answering a yes or no to any of my threads on multiple flashlight forums :P

Thanks for the switch with pad idea, never even thought on doing something like that, Sounds like it would be really useful for what im needing!

• Supporters

If you bend the contacts flat on one of these it would go neatly inside heat shrink about 2cm up the wire above the pad and with some thinner heat shrink either end you could seal it.

Actually it would have to go further up the wire to get the lower heat shrink on, so it might be better to make the tail into a 'Y' with the pad on one end and the switch on the other.

Edited by Ian_Gere
thought it through

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Is the clamp a permanent addition? :lol:

I'm liking that, I may have to nick the idea ;)

Other than that clamp there's nothing holding it together in that pic ;)

And by all means I pinched the idea from someone myself :P the one pictured is for my other half, mine will be slightly taller to accomadate a battle belt

I made something similar with left over wood, painted it black and left it on the drive to dry. After all the questions of why I was putting a crucifix out, I wrapped some tape around it and some camo wrap, looks quite good and you can pop a helmet on top too (if you have one).

I nicked the idea of green mountain rangers loadout video on youtube lol

• Supporters

I can get my hands on some scaffolding hooks;

Scaffold~hook.JPG

I feel I should be able to use them for something but I can't come up with any ideas. Anyone got any?

American Rangers at Point du Hoc loudout?

Just taped the inner barrel of my M700 to eliminate all barrel wobble (after loosing the muzzle cap at my last skirmish, grr) and hammered slightly bent hop adjustment screw straight. Still needs some flattening though.

Looks like the graves of 2 airsofters. I might stick with a wooden coathanger.

I could really use some sort of rack for my webbing though, it gets all tangled kept in a drawer.

• Supporters

I put mine on coat hangers in my wardrobe. And my clothes on the floor :lol: I'm not even joking!

• Supporters

I put mine on coat hangers in my wardrobe. And my clothes on the floor :lol: I'm not even joking!

Yep, sounds like my house!

I mean, I applaud the workmanship and indeed ingenuity of those stands, but I just think it's a well made and ingeneous way of making two vests take up a whole load of space.....

Mind you, if you could make one that would hold a full suit of Stormtrooper armour I'd be more interested ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.