DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm impressed. Pics please!

A single grenade pouch ought to fit.

knocked up some kangaroo pouch inserts out of an old stretch face veil I had lying around. Probably wont work but killed the boredom for an hour

0b43a060-d022-4846-9147-87a8c14ae34c_zps

I'm impressed. Pics please!

A single grenade pouch ought to fit.

I don't have a working camera right now :(

After seeing the Grey Ghost Gear Bandolier (http://www.popularairsoft.com/gear-scout-grey-ghost-gear-bandolier)

I thought I'd like to try and make one for my AK mags.

Admittedly I don't have any experience so it probably won't turn out very well but I have been wanting to try and make some gear such as this for a while and it would work well in any loadout as well as for storage + transportation.

Looked on eBay for some materials (50mm nylon webbing, elastic webbing, buckles...) nothing mil-spec quality but want to do it on a budget.

• Supporters

Let us know how you get on with that, looks like a simple enough project that could save you a fair amount of cash!

If you do something to alter the design you could probably even sell them, maybe add a couple of 1" molle loops along the strap so people could add a radio or something.

Let us know how you get on with that, looks like a simple enough project that could save you a fair amount of cash!

If you do something to alter the design you could probably even sell them, maybe add a couple of 1" molle loops along the strap so people could add a radio or something.

I actually thought about doing exactly that since I do have a bit of 1" webbing too.

Thanks man, I'm still not sure how I'll get on but will be fun to try nonetheless and if I made some money out of if that would be great :D

• Supporters

Mustaffa_Fez_FTW.jpg

Got a 2nd hand usb graphics pad. This is my 1st time using one. Could be a lot worse, methinks.

Hands though. Well, what can I say :lol:

The torch foregrip for my MP5 arrived 100x75_product_media_FBP0006(1).jpg

£14 from Taiwangun is quite a good price, the torch is powerful enough to do the job. The lens though was made of very thin glass. I therefore cut several pieces of the clear plastic packaging into disks and used 3 layers of this instead of the glass. It should absorb hits by being able to flex rather than shattering the 1st time it gets hit.

• Supporters

The torch foregrip for my MP5 arrived 100x75_product_media_FBP0006(1).jpg

£14 from Taiwangun is quite a good price, the torch is powerful enough to do the job. The lens though was made of very thin glass. I therefore cut several pieces of the clear plastic packaging into disks and used 3 layers of this instead of the glass. It should absorb hits by being able to flex rather than shattering the 1st time it gets hit.

Well, 2 layers doesn't work - the BB's go through. But in doing so they loose enough energy that my torch which i tried this on is still working fine. I bought some cheap 3M protective goggles off fleabay - they're really cheap new. Just haven't got around to cutting the shapes I need yet...

Well, 2 layers doesn't work - the BB's go through. But in doing so they loose enough energy that my torch which i tried this on is still working fine. I bought some cheap 3M protective goggles off fleabay - they're really cheap new. Just haven't got around to cutting the shapes I need yet...

I have the outer layer bulging out a bit, the inner layer bulging in and the middle layer cut slightly smaller so it stays flat. My thinking being that the air gap between the 3 disks will adsorb the impact. It may work, if it doesn't, its unlikely to penetrate all 3 layers. It's possible to get 2-3mm thick polycarbonate sheet for about a fiver if I find I need it.

• Supporters

Yeah, although I'm not sure I'd trust just any old 2mm polycarbonate not to crack. I know 1mm is useless, as is 2 layers of it (I had some that was cracked anyway from a picture frame), but I haven't tried 3. TBH I was mainly looking for something to protect sights not torches, so visual performance was very important - less so with torches. Anyhoo, those 3M goggles are only £1.69 posted if you fancy a cheaper alternative.

If you look at the earlier pages you'll see I've done this to torches and sights with safety glasses. For the price of cheap safety glasses I wouldn't chance cheaper, thinner plastics. If money's an issue I'll sent you a pair of safety glasses I've used. You'll probably get a couple more circles out of it but you'll have to wait until next week when I'm back in work.

£14 for a new foregrip isn't bad...I'm thinking of replacing my MP5K PDW handguard with a new one so might look into getting on when I make a big order from TaiwanGun (save money on shipping) might fit with some modification.

I get back home tommorow so I can start looking some more at my options for the bandolier but whilst I've been away I have already drafted some designs and done research on material manufacturers so I will see about contacting them for samples / quotes.

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Irwin-4031051-2-Pocket-Cotton-Nail-Apron-p/irw-4031051.htm

I'm also looking for something like these for an airsoft related project, however as usual it seems they don't even exist in the UK and Wickes / B&Q / Screwfix don't stock anything like it.

No idea why we don't have them over here, but would be great if anyone does know a place like a smaller chain of stores that will sell them or knows a supplier who can sell them.

Thanks

• Supporters

Somewhere under a massive pile of airsoft related tat I have a modern British Army ammo bandolier which is surplus to my requirements, if that's any use to you Mr. B?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.