DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Somewhere under a massive pile of airsoft related tat I have a modern British Army ammo bandolier which is surplus to my requirements, if that's any use to you Mr. B?

That sounds good. How much would you like for it?

• Supporters

£5 say + postage. It should be £3.70 2nd Class Recorded but may get into a £1.90 big envelope - i'm not @home for a couple more days so I can weigh it and practice folding then.

Obviously I'll put a pic up somewhere for you to see what you're buying too.

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Irwin-4031051-2-Pocket-Cotton-Nail-Apron-p/irw-4031051.htm

I'm also looking for something like these for an airsoft related project, however as usual it seems they don't even exist in the UK and Wickes / B&Q / Screwfix don't stock anything like it.

No idea why we don't have them over here, but would be great if anyone does know a place like a smaller chain of stores that will sell them or knows a supplier who can sell them.

Thanks

rather than look for a nail apron, try googling bar apron. Only difference will be the colour.

My new holster arrived.

41bbsKdBAvL._SY100_.jpg

Even this won't fit my MK23 Socom :(

So I got to thinking. I have 2 vests that both came with lots of M4 ammo pouches I don't use.

51dfJ068nnL._SX100_.jpg

I took the double mag pouch

51uq%2BERD19L._SX385_.jpg

and used scissors to cut the outter pocket of the left hand pouch away. I left the elastic and the velcro and left the right hand pouch intact.

I now have a holster that fits my pistol with a pouch next to it for the silencer/barrel extension. I can even have my pistol holstered with the silencer attached.

• Supporters

^^Pics, Russ?

• Supporters

Bummer. I use my phone. 5MP is just about good enough to show people what I'm on about, I think.

My brother has sorted me out with a new phone :)

So that means I can now supply the missing piccies :)

Fez:

th_DSC_0011_zpsb42bafb7.jpgth_DSC_0010_zps399940a3.jpgth_DSC_0012_zpscba35e42.jpg

Holster:

th_DSC_0006_zpsa7acbe64.jpgth_DSC_0008_zps1abbfb51.jpgth_DSC_0007_zpsce192f87.jpg

Click them for full sized pics

• Supporters

I love the fez! Holster I'm dubious about - it's a bloody awkward place to draw from over the top of a dropped slung AEG, which would still be moving as you bring your right hand across.

I'm probably over-thinking it, but the only time I've absolutely had to rely on my pistol was with my SVD diagonally across my chest against 2 people carrying AEG's patrol fashion, muzzle down, in a situation where we were all mega surprised to find each other there. I drew my USP from a really low slung drop-leg (which put the grip exactly where my hand drops to naturally - I have gorilla stylee long arms) and shot them both before they could raise their muzzles sufficiently to get on target.

Now you'll just have to trust me on this, I do have quick reflexes but I haven't practised quick draw skillz :P not that there's anything wrong with doing so :lol: it's just that, so far, any obsessive compulsive energy I've had spare has gone on practising mag changes for various guns from various rigs...

Still, it'll do for just carrying your MK23 suppressor on. The only other practical solution would be a shoulder holster. I don't think that even an ASG Strike Systems MP9 Thigh Multi Holster would work, because the suppressor would stick out so far that it may interfere with squatting and would definitely get grounded into whatever muck was underfoot... unless you converted it to a waist belt set up.

I tend to find that when I want a pistol, I have time. I do need to sit down and work out a better configuration of all my molle pouches though, so it may move.

• Supporters

I'm hoping to see some shock cord or velcro make an appearance, mate, or I'm predicting some very irritating walks with eyes to the ground in your near future...

I thought i'd fire up my tacticoolasfook AK-74. It was never going to be a "load-out" specific gun (if that makes sense) and it amuses me to see the look of horror and disgust on the AK purists faces when they see it. It's a look I imagine Billy Ray Cirus, has on his face allot these days.

AKyUmqm.jpg

rgOZPDt.jpg

CBH3uVC.jpg

This is a 6 led torch i bought in a petrol station, it's actually really bright. i took some speaker wires I had from my Max power in car sound system days

. The wires are far to big, but it adds to my budget look.

8MJCOxD.jpg

i originally made a pressure plate with a mouse mate cut and wires glued in, but it stayed turned on and i was trying to sleep so it got ripped off. Now I'm using the clicker of the torch and cable tied it on.

and because i found it taking the ak out, this was my shot gun sleeve i made using an old german shirt, i sewed a wire coat hanger into it for shape, and some nuts to hold the strap on. I sold the shottie, but the guy didn't want the sock, I was most offended. Now i see it again, I might have a new mk23 holder :D

xfWzukQ.jpg

UFzAIg7.jpg

Excellent!! this is what all guns should look like!

(yea and I intentionally left the pictures in the quote, who would not want to see a repost of this gun??!)

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you who don't read the status updates, I think Mr B has set me a challenge :) Airsoft_Mr B
What do you guys think of the Elite Force SL-14? Hope they arrive over here too.
ipb.pngToday, 04:28 PM

• Russe11 I could build something better with a funnel, parts from a high cap mag, a broken hop unit and a cranking handle. It would be easier to use and smaller. But would it be worth the hassle?
    Today, 05:28 PM · Delete

• Russe11 Take a high cap, remove the spring, connect a handle directly to the wheel that pushes the bb's and glue the lower part of a hop unit into the hole at the top so that you can then press your low cap onto the device and turn the handle to load the mag
    Today, 05:35 PM · Delete

• Airsoft_Mr B If you think you could do it I'd say go for it. I don't know if you get a lot of spare time but you seem fairly confident and probably pretty good at making stuff so I think it'd be great to try.
    Today, 09:20 PM

• Russe11 I'm tempted, just to prove it would work, but tbh I have no need for a better speed loader and I have other projects on the go :)

I have just taken a look at my broken High cap and I think it would take 5 mins to convert it into an uber speed loader.

-Disconnect the spring

-Glue the wheel that pushes the bb's directly to the windy wheel axle

-Drill a hole in the outer casing level with the windy wheel axle

-put the high cap back together

-stick an allen key into the end of the windy wheel axle through the hole

*at this stage the high cap will push bb's up to the outlet nozzle as the allen key is turned with no spring to store the extra turns.

-glue a tube into the top of the high cap and shape the end to form a coupling with the midcap.

The principle is that the high cap will push bb's into the midcap as fast as you turn the allen key. For more speed, you could even use a power drill :D

All I need is glue (which I can pick up tomorrow) and a plastic tube to form the connection between the mags. Any idea where I could find such a tube?

A broken hop unit or speed loader are 2 ideas I had.

As I am using an MP5 double mag high cap, it will even be possible to put a funnel into the high cap while it's loading a midcap. So you have something better than the Elite Force SL-14 as you cannot fill that easily while using it and it will be the size of 2 MP5 mags, not the size of an MP5. Plus it will work on any mid cap without adapters, you just have to hold the mag on. Thus it would be ideal for a team using different guns.

Am I a genius or can someone tell me where it will go wrong? And does anyone know where I can get a suitable bit of tubing?

• Supporters

Sounds like the only real issue is attaching the tube to the contraption in a way which will be solid enough to take some lateral force without breaking, because otherwise you would have to be so careful with it while trying to use it that the "speed" part of the name would become redundant. Have you considered using a piece of old stock inner barrel? You should be able to get a short 6.08mm one off fleabay for very little more than postage and it may be possible to stuff it inside the mag an inch or so before gluing it in place.

Considered it, but I don't really want to spend much money at all on this, its more to show that it would work. Plus it could damage the midcap when you press down on it. I guess what I need is the right type of pen lid.

• Supporters

^^Yeah, or maybe a section of the body of a papermate ball pen...

• Supporters

Yeah, I meant the cheap papermates, like a biro with a plain cylinder body for most of the length, but near the top it changes diameter to a blim thinner - cutting it there could be perfect for fitting against the mag.

draft_lens19715915module161200100photo_1

...but while i was trying to find a picture

I discovered that I've been using Pilot G2 gel pens for so long that i haven't noticed Papermate seem to have stopped making them! Anyhoo, while i was looking i discovered this:

1jb6.jpg

I think I have found the perfect pen lid, just need to get the glue :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.