DIY

Cheeky vimto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Tested my mask tonite. Qualified success, after an hour and a half, my glasses started to fog but the mask remained fog free the whole night.

bought a retention holster that stated it would fit a glock 19... didn't... so this is my fix.

ive drilled out the rivets and put washers to make the extra space then put two bolts through o hold it in place this now works amazingly well and the retention works as it should also then just covered the gap with good old electrical tape which makes it look quite cool IMO

post-7793-0-19137300-1386071296_thumb.jpg

post-7793-0-25744400-1386071302_thumb.jpg

I thought i'd fire up my tacticoolasfook AK-74. It was never going to be a "load-out" specific gun (if that makes sense) and it amuses me to see the look of horror and disgust on the AK purists faces when they see it. It's a look I imagine Billy Ray Cirus, has on his face allot these days.

AKyUmqm.jpg

rgOZPDt.jpg

CBH3uVC.jpg

This is a 6 led torch i bought in a petrol station, it's actually really bright. i took some speaker wires I had from my Max power in car sound system days
. The wires are far to big, but it adds to my budget look.

8MJCOxD.jpg
i originally made a pressure plate with a mouse mate cut and wires glued in, but it stayed turned on and i was trying to sleep so it got ripped off. Now I'm using the clicker of the torch and cable tied it on.

and because i found it taking the ak out, this was my shot gun sleeve i made using an old german shirt, i sewed a wire coat hanger into it for shape, and some nuts to hold the strap on. I sold the shottie, but the guy didn't want the sock, I was most offended. Now i see it again, I might have a new mk23 holder :D

xfWzukQ.jpg
UFzAIg7.jpg

• Supporters

^^Got to admire the attitude, Nick... if not quite the execution :D

I love the way you have a version of the AK with all the tactical rails etc, then you attach everything with cable ties instead :D

It would all look right on a version with wooden furniture.

So my next project will involve sewing. I made a joke on the Operation Shining light thread about wearing a fez, as Syria was part of the Ottoman empire. So now I plan to make a DDPM Fez. I shall get a fez, cover it with DDPM material and reattach the tassle. Then I might add a bit of velcro for patches and if I'm feeling very silly (I probably will be) maybe some molle on the sides in case I feel the need for a grenade pouch or something. I may even spraypaint the phrase 'Fez's are tacticool' somewhere on it.

• Supporters

So my next project will involve sewing. I made a joke on the Operation Shining light thread about wearing a fez, as Syria was part of the Ottoman empire. So now I plan to make a DDPM Fez. I shall get a fez, cover it with DDPM material and reattach the tassle. Then I might add a bit of velcro for patches and if I'm feeling very silly (I probably will be) maybe some molle on the sides in case I feel the need for a grenade pouch or something. I may even spraypaint the phrase 'Fez's are tacticool' somewhere on it.

I might get a patch made that says "Moustaffa Fez FTW!"

• Supporters

Where do I start… PIC SPAM

Umm custom dpm ubacs

E7DBB1C9-DAFA-4D9A-9AEA-0CB00B9AFB48-304

Custom 'crye' dpm trousers

4b6714f9.jpg

Modded night camo parka

D823BF4C-5A87-4A45-B0B5-E74D3EFA0173_zps

Ddpm soft armour

705c040f.jpg

Bhd delta yoke/vest/thing

3497da13.jpg

Battle belt to rig clip things

4BF4120D-3158-4FC1-BA38-47DB57630EF8-505

Plce yoke for molle belt

A1D06370-7731-4B38-8ED5-4335EEBA50F4-133

Pasgt helmet to mich cut

8431f0de.jpg

Custom glasses/mesh setup

EFB20311-BE45-4081-8A97-190F904CB4BE-957

And that's just stuff I can remember/have pics of :P

Belfast nick I like how you've spent all that money on the gun but you won't buy a proper sling or gun bag :D

Anyway I don't think I've posted this here so I think I'll show off my riot shield if I can do if on the iPad / Apple Safari browser.

If I can't then I will take more pictures and upload them by computer anyway since the photos I do have on my tablet are old and taken right after I put a gloss layer of paint on.

Since then I picked up some matte black from Motosave and sprayed that over so if looks much better and less shiny!

(I know I didn't use the same brand of paints though :/ sorry! Fortunately I think it's okay)

I only had a photo of the back of it. post-7670-0-74635600-1386889790_thumb.jpg

Quote isn't working for some reason...

To be honest I don't even know if they do allow assault shields, I never got around to asking them :| Probably not. I just made it for fun and it was something to do.

Now I think of it I wonder if they've even got rules on shields? I've never seen anybody with one. Besides, I bet I'd look a bit stupid with a homemade one anyway. I have a feeling people will think I'm a CODsofter because I made a shield thing...IDK

• Supporters

Liking the use of a plaster float as a handle! That's proper DIY, some sites allow it others don't it depends on the game and how they are feeling. Perhaps you need to be happy to lend it out if the game is reversed.

• Supporters

There's usually some rules that limit what you can do with a shield, like pistol shots only &/or no shooting while moving; maybe the shield has to go with you to regen if you get hit, so a whole team of you can't use it to just bulldog face through a choke point.

Quote isn't working for some reason...

To be honest I don't even know if they do allow assault shields, I never got around to asking them :| Probably not. I just made it for fun and it was something to do.

Now I think of it I wonder if they've even got rules on shields? I've never seen anybody with one. Besides, I bet I'd look a bit stupid with a homemade one anyway. I have a feeling people will think I'm a CODsofter because I made a shield thing...IDK

My site has some laying round. When I asked if we could use them I was told they're for the Marshals when they play certain games so they don't get shot to shit. The rules on shields I was told was we could use them if they were real ballistic ones. If you can be bothered to lump round a shield that weights half a ton and still try firing go right ahead.

Here's a little DIY on my DE M56A.

Firstly, there was no top rail for optics, so I had to remedy that my filing down the rear sight so I had some purchase to put a slightly longer screw in as theres no play at all on the upper receiver.
A little keying and some epoxy, 1 very short screw and a slightly longer one into the rear sight.

11367477374_f1cdb3288a_b.jpg

Second, I added the cartridge holder.. being a cheap b*****d I bought some 20mm pipe clips for a quid and with my trusty epoxy, a little sawing and some short screws.. voila, a shotgun cartridge holder. (Note the foregrip isn't attached yet)

11367221065_b4203e0ed5_b.jpg

Third, this was a stroke of luck, a friend of mine asked me to order him a M56DL, it arrived damaged (snapped at the stock), so I was issued a refund, the driver inspected it and let me keep the bits.
So I now have a new stock, I had to saw down the inner plastic retainer tube and sand it flush to the inner handle so the buffer tube sat perfect and held it in place tight.

11367397046_17b307e04a_b.jpg

11367501863_7092abfe2d_b.jpg

The next mod will be to add the lower rail for the angled foregrip (pictured above), I'm just waiting for my very cheap alloy weaver rail to arrive from China.
The torches at the front will be removed when the right clamp arrives from China.. good old China.. and their month waiting times.

At the end of the day, I wanted a Short shotgun with a stock, and that's what I've got, I'm chuffed with it and I'll be using it tomorrow (15/12/13) for the first time.. It's a good job I have 20+ cartridges, they don't last long in tri-shots.

I've repaired the M56DL with the old rifle style stock, its very long now, I'm gonna mod the sh*t out of it when I acquire some more bits and bobs.
I might rough it up and go for the vintage look.. who knows.

Cheers, any questions on how to's the just ask and I'll explain the best I can.

post-8103-0-34085000-1387032087_thumb.jpg

post-8103-0-73810200-1387032092_thumb.jpg

I might get a patch made that says "Moustaffa Fez FTW!"

With regards to the whole Tactical Fez thing... I ran it past the seamstress I work with today and she's happy to put a few together should anybody want in but not have the requisite crafting skill.

I know it started out as a joke, but these could be a hilarious unifying feature for all those AF-UK members attending Op Shining Light as HAS-MAD, I figure many of us will be rolling together anyway?

• Supporters

Deej mate, if a pro seamstress will do it for a reasonable price I'd much rather not bother meself.

For sure it was a joke, but i was serious about making the joke a reality from the beginning! It'll be hilarious :lol:

These days you can get good quality patches made in 1's & 2's cheap enough - if somebody has a pretty new computerised embroiderer, it's no skin off their nose to only do 1. So yeah, nearer the time I'll fire up the old visual arts bone and design a Moustaffa Fez cartoon character to serve as a mascot and make an appearance on a/some patch/es.

In my mind @mo I'm seeing him with an impressive tache, the tactical fez obviously; khaki/tan desert camo BDU's part unbuttoned, bit of white vest showing & chest hair - a bit jowlly... in fact the more i think about him, the more i think Moustaffa is a particularely hirsute example of the genetic heritage generated when the Ottoman Empire met Persia... ear & nose hair making a bid for freedom under eyebrows which have achieved it and set up two independent republics - bald as a vulture on top - massive nose, prehensile almost, but not angular or hooked like an Arab conk, more of a Semitic looking appendage with that Turkish cleft blob on the end; 2 x pearl handled 1911's in waist belt holsters - crack shot with a muzzle loader blunderbuss :lol:

Looks good!

I like the way you hang everything up to! When I buy a house in the new year this is something I'm doing!

Cheers Vimto! :)

I think it's definitely worth it and great for any airsofter to display their collection (not all mine is on there)

It's really good for organising your stuff and cool to look as well but problem is now it seems a lot of places don't sell it. I'd recommend Amazon since pegboard seems pretty good value on there.

Maybe you could make some containers / basket sort of things to hold gas / BBs in too? It's something I was thinking of doing but haven't got round to doing yet. Saw a guy had them in a YouTube video but seems like they aren't sold over here.

I'd love to see what it's like when you do it by the way ;)

Cheers Vimto! :)

I think it's definitely worth it and great for any airsofter to display their collection (not all mine is on there)

It's really good for organising your stuff and cool to look as well but problem is now it seems a lot of places don't sell it. I'd recommend Amazon since pegboard seems pretty good value on there.

Maybe you could make some containers / basket sort of things to hold gas / BBs in too? It's something I was thinking of doing but haven't got round to doing yet. Saw a guy had them in a YouTube video but seems like they aren't sold over here.

I'd love to see what it's like when you do it by the way ;)

I rent a flat at the moment so will do when I buy a house, should be in the new year. At the moment all my gear lives in a BMW triathlon bag and my plate carrier is hanging in a closet.

SFPLImage187713.jpg

So I have started my Fez. Using a DDPM T shirt, I started by taking the T-shirt apart and in a moment of inspiration, shoved the fez inside the sleeve, perfect fit! Just had to trim the fabric on the top of the hat so it gave me a small amount of surplus above the top of the hat.

Next I covered a section of Tshirt material in masking tape (on the rear/unprinted side) and drew around the top of the fez and roughly cut out well outside the circle.

Then carefully cut around the circle with a stanley knife only cutting the masking tape. Removed the masking tape from outside my circle.

With the sleeve over the fez the wrong way out, place the circle on the top of the fez with the masking tape upwards. Sewed the 2 bits together around the circle. Took the cover off the fez, trimmed excess fabric and turned it the right way out.

Removed the tassle from the fez and place the cover on the fez.

Using a big needle and strong thread from the inside of the fez, pushed the wrong end of the needle through the hole where the tassle was attached so that I could get a loop of thread on the top of the fez that could be pulled back through with the tassle to reattach it.

I now have a DDPM fez,

In future installments of this saga: Be thrilled as I decide whether to glue the fabric to the fez. Be amazed by the story of how I attach webbing loops for a molle pouch.....

hobbies-leisure-headwear-hats-fezs-fashi

So I have been out and bought the following supplies:

Self adhesive Velcro

Better Scissors

Assorted embroidery thread

Fabric Glue

I have glued the cover to the inside edge of the Fez and trimmed the excess fabric.

Have cut the Velcro to the size of a standard patch, peeled the backing (only for the sticky part to stay on the backing not the velcro)

Have Glued the velcro to the Fez creating a front.

Using Brown and dark yellow embroidery thread I have fashioned a new tassle and replaced the black tassle. (if you can't work out how to do this yourself, I recomend that you don't try as its fiddly). This involved braiding a section of 6 threads (3 of each colour) then attaching more loops of each colour thread to the end to form a tassle then trimming the loops to form the tassly bit.

I measued the fez up against a molle double pistol mag pouch and found the pouch is too big to fit. Molle may be abandoned unless someone can suggest a pouch that would fit.

Oh, I also toyed with my shermagh. If you twist the shermagh up and wrap it around the fez, then remove the fez and wrap the looped shermagh around itself, then reinsert the fez you get the classic fez/turban combo :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.