The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Truth be told, a CTR looks great on a airsoft gun. But for practicality you can’t beat a PTS enhanced stock. And best of all you can stick a big mother of a battery in it.

I keep meaning to pick up a PTS enhanced stock for one of guns. Can't fault the quality of PTS' Plastics.

Guest Mr. No_Face
On 13/03/2021 at 18:37, C-Diddy said:

I have a TK45C and yeah, really surprised by the weight. I have the stubby PTS foregrip and run a 551 clone and PEQ15 on it. Time to go back to basic; "Press up position, DOWN!"20210313_183235.thumb.jpg.5f9c60f5cfad763b27fd188b632252e5.jpg20210313_183631.thumb.jpg.2bf28ff8a34f3ea697cce0d4c52e0f4a.jpg

Nice, The weight seems to be the number one complaint about this smg in reviews. It's quite a hefty little bastard. I have a Eotech 551 clone too but have no plans to run it with this platform due to the added weight. Just feels uncomfortable running a SMG platform with all that weight and I'd rather keep this thing light so my movement isn't compromised in CQB conditions. It's one of the reasons I don't want to put a PEQ unit on it either. Might settle for a simple torch set up.👌

thumbnail_IMG_1111.thumb.jpg.ec8cebed50fa3339781e81eefb8cbe7a.jpg

Time to go back to basic; "Press up position, DOWN!"

Hey, you and me both lol. 

Edited by Mr. No_Face

28 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Nice, The weight seems to be the number one complaint about this smg in reviews. It's quite a hefty little bastard. I have a Eotech 551 clone too but have no plans to run it with this platform due to the added weight. Just feels uncomfortable running a SMG platform with all that weight and I'd rather keep this thing light so my movement isn't compromised in CQB conditions. It's one of the reasons I don't want to put a PEQ unit on it either. Might settle for a simple torch set up.👌

thumbnail_IMG_1111.thumb.jpg.ec8cebed50fa3339781e81eefb8cbe7a.jpg

Hey, you and me both lol. 

I don't do a lot of CQB but thought that I'd give this a go in a change up from the usual ARP 9 type that everyone seems to run. Still can't decide on a sling for it. At the moment it's on a one-point but I like them less and less. A three-point in the old SAS MP5 style could work but I've had enough of three points tbh. Admin.

The PEQ has a decent light on it and is not as heavy as the torch I use on my 416. Still making my mind up about though. The blue laser is different but lots of places don't allow you to use them, which I get. It does looks pretty cool though 🤣

Is that a G43 clone?

Guest Mr. No_Face
11 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

I don't do a lot of CQB but thought that I'd give this a go in a change up from the usual ARP 9 type that everyone seems to run. Still can't decide on a sling for it. At the moment it's on a one-point but I like them less and less. A three-point in the old SAS MP5 style could work but I've had enough of three points tbh. Admin.

The PEQ has a decent light on it and is not as heavy as the torch I use on my 416. Still making my mind up about though. The blue laser is different but lots of places don't allow you to use them, which I get. It does looks pretty cool though 🤣

Is that a G43 clone?

You're running this for woodland and mil-sim games? Nice!🤙 I know TK45C's have surprisingly good range for a smg, I was under the assumption that I might have to buy a longer barrelled platform for mil-sim and woodland games. I'm using a cheaper MS4 single point to two point sling for mine and a molle battle belt with a custom strap I added to lock the gun in place when necessary.

-Yeah it's a G43 clone. https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ghost-3x-flip-to-side-micro-magnifier a pretty nifty bit of hardware and doesn't add much additional weight to the TK45c. Now All I need is a Torch that wont make this front heavy and a tracer unit and I'm all set.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

I was under the assumption that I might have to buy a longer barrelled platform for mil-sim and woodland games.

why not? barrel length has very little impact on performance (when all the other factors for performance are taken into account)

only thing a longer barrel is good for it the ability to poke it through hedges for better concealment.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

why not? barrel length has very little impact on performance (when all the other factors for performance are taken into account)

only thing a longer barrel is good for it the ability to poke it through hedges for better concealment.

Pretty much, I tend to shoot for between 230-250mm barrel length wise on a standard 'battle rifle' whatever form that may take. 285mm being the longest I'd look at, with that being a fairly standard length for an AR with a 10" outer barrel. I personally prefer a shorter RIF which probably has a lot to do with my preferences. As always, personal preferences for what you use should trump pretty much everything else. But I can say from experience that I've seen very little difference (if any) between a 230mm barrel versus a 285mm, in some anecdotal instances I might even go as far as to say I've had the shorter 'out performing' the longer... but I have no science to back that up and the aforementioned bias could dictate that statement. And there are far too many contributing factors that go into everything singing together to ever conclude that a shorter barrel is definitively better.

TLDR - @SLACK_JAW You do you hun.

4 hours ago, SLACK_JAW said:

You're running this for woodland and mil-sim games? Nice!🤙 I know TK45C's have surprisingly good range for a smg, I was under the assumption that I might have to buy a longer barrelled platform for mil-sim and woodland games. I'm using a cheaper MS4 single point to two point sling for mine and a molle battle belt with a custom strap I added to lock the gun in place when necessary.

-Yeah it's a G43 clone. https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/ghost-3x-flip-to-side-micro-magnifier a pretty nifty bit of hardware and doesn't add much additional weight to the TK45c. Now All I need is a Torch that wont make this front heavy and a tracer unit and I'm all set.

I mainly play woodland, yes. I change things around a lot, but plan on using the TK45c more when we get to play again. I do like my 416 though, and recently had my M14 worked on by Luke at Negative Airsoft, so that definitely needs a run out. Now that is one heavy gun with a huuuuuge barrel.

I picked up a 558 and G43 recently from Real Airsoft UK and have them on my 416. Bit of additional weight but balances out with all the fuckery going on at the business end

20210316_223106.jpg

7 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I keep meaning to pick up a PTS enhanced stock for one of guns. Can't fault the quality of PTS' Plastics.

Pick one up. You can’t fault it. It does what it says on the tin and it looks good too. Plus it’s got a Magpul spec QD point on both sides. You can’t fault that. 

Arrived yesterday. Holosun Micro Classic HS403C I had ordered the B variant but after 2 months they still hadn't stock so they offered this more expensive model for no extra.

I think the only difference is the solar power. 

Is my first ever decent optic that isn't one of the £40 knock of red dots from you name it airsoft website. 

Thing I am most impressed with is very very little parallax effect which the cheaper red dots suffer from. Great build quality as well and much cheaper than RS military optics but still retains that T1/2 look.

If you want a quality optic you can actually use that isn't expensive this is the one.

Also rocking the guns modify T1 lens cover.

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 23.35.41.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 23.35.53.jpg

Edited by gunbod007

8 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Truth be told, a CTR looks great on a airsoft gun. But for practicality you can’t beat a PTS enhanced stock. And best of all you can stick a big mother of a battery in it. 

07D05E60-6AE5-43A0-AEA0-3D9D27466AAA.jpeg

She's a stock! Very tempted by this. The standard SOPMOD stock is just so dull in comparison. Like the QD point and so much battery space. Yep, another thing to add to the list! Anyone aware of any issues putting this on the TM 416 DEVGRU?

Edited by C-Diddy

On 15/03/2021 at 12:06, AlphaBear said:

Monday morning delivery,  TM MK18. You got to love those blue ribbons 😂

D28A73A6-CF6C-429F-95BA-E4BDD6DCD510.jpeg

Question is are you gonna keep it a TM or fuck about with everything in it haha

Guest Mr. No_Face
6 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Only thing a longer barrel is good for it the ability to poke it through hedges for better concealment.

Very little impact? The TK45c is a compact and specialized smg. It's around the same size as a Firehawk with a small barrel to put that in perspective for you. Sure I could take it out on an open field but would I be maximizing my efficiency? I'm not sure I'd be half as productive or effective running such a super short barrelled platform for targets at a distance. Even a traditional M4 would suffice in this instance.

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

I mainly play woodland, yes. I change things around a lot, but plan on using the TK45c more when we get to play again. I do like my 416 though, and recently had my M14 worked on by Luke at Negative Airsoft, so that definitely needs a run out. Now that is one heavy gun with a huuuuuge barrel.

I picked up a 558 and G43 recently from Real Airsoft UK and have them on my 416. Bit of additional weight but balances out with all the fuckery going on at the business end

20210316_223106.jpg

This is something I'd personally choose to run woodland and mil-sim. Only I'd have to get myself a L85 or SA80 for sentimental value 😥  I'll definitely be attending more woodland games in future.

8 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Very little impact? The TK45c is a compact and specialized smg. It's around the same size as a Firehawk with a small barrel to put that in perspective for you. Sure I could take it out on an open field but would I be maximizing my efficiency? I'm not sure I'd be half as productive or effective running such a super short barrelled platform for targets at a distance. Even a traditional M4 would suffice in this instance.

This is something I'd personally choose to run woodland and mil-sim. Only I'd have to get myself a L85 or SA80 for sentimental value 😥  I'll definitely be attending more woodland games in future.

Not sure I'm into the whole mil-sim thing, but may well give it a go in future. I enjoy woodland and happy I switched up to the 416. Running an SA80 though? While they do have a special place in my heart, they also make me think of wearing a 5kg weight around my neck for a six hour watch and coming back from the range with SUSAT eye 😆

16 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

The inner barrel is 217mm, so it’s really not far off what many folks run to great effect in an AR replica of some description. If you were that worried you could just as easily swap the inner barrel out for something a bit longer and run a barrel extension or suppressor to cover the bit protruding from the end of the outer barrel.

Don’t get me wrong, if you simply want a different/new RIF for whatever reason then go nuts. But feeling you have to, to be able to compete outdoors is entirely not the case.

Guest Mr. No_Face
3 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

The inner barrel is 217mm, so it’s really not far off what many folks run to great effect in an AR replica of some description. If you were that worried you could just as easily swap the inner barrel out for something a bit longer and run a barrel extension or suppressor to cover the bit protruding from the end of the outer barrel.

Don’t get me wrong, if you simply want a different/new RIF for whatever reason then go nuts. But feeling you have to, to be able to compete outdoors is entirely not the case.

I don't "feel" as if I have to do anything. This is a hobby. Buying RIFS to fit the occasion is no problem for me. Going by standard AR platforms the typical cm16 is 368.3mm. That's quite a difference. The SA and LA85s even longer.

13 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Good points well made. I agree entirely about using whatever gun you like for whatever reason. Woodland with a shotgun or CQB with a musket, if you're having fun, do it. 

The longer the barrel the greater the range, has some truth to it, as does the weight of the BB.  But, just as you don't see many people take a tee shot with a putter, it doesn't mean it can't be done. The results may be shit but you can have fun doing it. Airsoft should be a fun hobby. I think we get far too hung up on things like this...says he writing a comment at 0220 instead of getting some sleep.

Guest Mr. No_Face
8 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Good points well made. I agree entirely about using whatever gun you like for whatever reason. Woodland with a shotgun or CQB with a musket, if you're having fun, do it. 

The longer the barrel the greater the range, has some truth to it, as does the weight of the BB.  But, just as you don't see many people take a tee shot with a putter, it doesn't mean it can't be done. The results may be shit but you can have fun doing it. Airsoft should be a fun hobby. I think we get far too hung up on things like this...says he writing a comment at 0220 instead of getting some sleep.

Yeah which is why I was confused as to why it became a debate on what RIF to use. Nobody is dictating or stipulating anything. These are all opinions and suggestions.

When it pertains to myself it's about fun and performance and I subscribe to the science of airsoft too. I think some people are  a little too keen to flex their knowledge which isn't a bad thing. Makes for interesting discussion. 

56 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

8 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Yeah which is why I was confused as to why it became a debate on what RIF to use. Nobody is dictating or stipulating anything. These are all opinions and suggestions.

When it pertains to myself it's about fun and performance and I subscribe to the science of airsoft too. I think some people are  a little too keen to flex their knowledge which isn't a bad thing. Makes for interesting discussion. 

For me it's all about getting out there, having a good run about and enjoying shooting people with toy guns. I take my guns and gear seriously, but that plays into my enjoyment of the hobby. 

I think alxndrhll was making the same point; run whatever you think is cool and enjoy yourself without thinking that you have to keep up with other people. Still cracks me up that someone (usually me!) who has decent gear and guns, will still get taken out by a first time rental in jeans and a hoody, and that's great. Hopefully he or she will think "that was fun, shooting that guy in the dick. I want to do this again" and our merry band grows 

6 hours ago, SLACK_JAW said:

The ‘science of airsoft’ when it comes to optimisation ultimately lands with volume matching to make sure that little cushion of air of shoves your BB along is Bob on, or as close as you can get, for the weight of BB you’re using.

There’s a whole lot of snake oil and horse shit out there in regard to what a longer barrel actually does and I was simply trying to offer some advice because your initial post stated you were ‘under the assumption’ that you might have to buy a different RIF to play in the woods.

Gauging the tone as best I can it seems like somehow you’ve taken offence to that, so I’ll go ahead and exit the conversation there at the risk of ‘flexing my knowledge’ too much again.

Guest Mr. No_Face
16 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

The ‘science of airsoft’ when it comes to optimisation ultimately lands with volume matching to make sure that little cushion of air of shoves your BB along is Bob on, or as close as you can get, for the weight of BB you’re using.

There’s a whole lot of snake oil and horse shit out there in regard to what a longer barrel actually does and I was simply trying to offer some advice because your initial post stated you were ‘under the assumption’ that you might have to buy a different RIF to play in the woods.

Gauging the tone as best I can it seems like somehow you’ve taken offence to that, so I’ll go ahead and exit the conversation there at the risk of ‘flexing my knowledge’ too much again.

Ok?

"There’s a whole lot of snake oil and horse shit out there in regard to what a longer barrel actually does" 

it's physics. All of which you can research yourself online. Even conduct some simple experiments of your own in your home. 

Your response didn't offend me. I just found it weird and uninformed for the most part.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Yeah which is why I was confused as to why it became a debate on what RIF to use.

Because there's endless posts from people on here that say they want a longer barrelled gun for woodland purely because they're under the misapprehension that anything much more than about 200mm makes more than three parts of fuck all difference to accuracy and range (on an AEG at least - bolties are a whole different can of badger turds).

I refer you to my reply in the "Why did you start airsoft?" thread regarding the physics aspect.

Guest Mr. No_Face
19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Because there's endless posts from people on here that say they want a longer barrelled gun for woodland purely because they're under the misapprehension that anything much more than about 200mm makes more than three parts of fuck all difference to accuracy and range (on an AEG at least - bolties are a whole different can of badger turds).

I refer you to my reply in the "Why did you start airsoft?" thread regarding the physics aspect.

Yeah and I'm not one of those folks.

Especially when it pertains to accuracy. Range and Accuracy are completely different instances. I was referring to the extremes of short barrelled platforms like the TK45c or Firehawk which would not perform at the same level as even standard barrel length platforms in those environments.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, SLACK_JAW said:

Yeah and I'm not one of those folks.

Especially when it pertains to accuracy. Range and Accuracy are completely different instances. I was referring to the extremes of short barrelled platforms like the TK45c or Firehawk which would not perform at the same level as even standard barrel length platforms in those environments.

OK, let me put it this way - you have 29 posts up to this point. Those of us with higher counts have seen this conversation time and again so it becomes second nature to assume (rightly or wrongly) that the same reasoning is being applied. 

As far as the short length of the barrel goes - how would you explain the MK23? That has a 123mm inner barrel and yet is well known for its range and accuracy. The quality of the bore and the effectiveness of the hop unit/nub/rubber combination has far more effect on range and accuracy than an extra 100mm of barrel length.

Guest Mr. No_Face
Just now, Lozart said:

OK, let me put it this way - you have 29 posts up to this point. Those of us with higher counts have seen this conversation time and again so it becomes second nature to assume (rightly or wrongly) that the same reasoning is being applied. 

As far as the short length of the barrel goes - how would you explain the MK23? That has a 123mm inner barrel and yet is well known for its range and accuracy. The quality of the bore and the effectiveness of the hop unit/nub/rubber combination has far more effect on range and accuracy than an extra 100mm of barrel length.

1. Hey man...That's kinda not my problem. (no offense) It's kinda like that "under siege movie" where the bad guy says: "Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups" I would have thought the mention of TK45cs and the firehawk alone would lead you to the fact that I am referencing extremes since they are super specialized platforms.

2. MK23? you mean good range for a pistol? Also internal components obviously contribute to the effective range and accuracy nobody is debating that either.