Which one should I buy - You Decide!

The DrabOlive

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I come to you as Romeo with his heart torn betwixt a fair Rosaline and Juliet! Which one should I go for? Cast you vote and help this innocent little olive find his true GB-Bae this Christmas! 

Seriously, I think they are both gorgeous and I love the 1911 design so on looks they are equal. I'm not concerned with power, so it really comes down to reliability, build quality. 

(So I just watched a video where the guy swapped the lower on the Warhawk with a High-Capa lower so I think my mind is made up but still want to see what y'all think!) 

Screenshot_20231214-210959.png

Screenshot_20231212-211050.png

The R608 as it's naturally more hi capa-esque so when parts break (they will it's relatively cheaply made) the replacements will be easier to get. Generally the AA capas are ok shooting out the box as well. Don't expect mega performance but 20-30M it'll do you.

That's an easy choice:

The R608 is cheaper, looks cooler and most importantly it has a full size hi-capa magazine.

The Nighthawk 1911 mag doesn't hold much gas at all

I know it's an obvious choice, and it's a plastic slide, but there's a reason everyone goes for them...

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-4-3-gbb-pistol/

... Reliable in all weathers, accurate, easy to upgrade later if you want to.  

I can personally recommend this one

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-5-1-d-o-r-direct-optics-ready-gbb-pistol/

It's slightly upgraded on the standard hi caps, iirc.

• Supporters

I'm fine with Army Armament as a brand, but I'd approach the R608 with a little caution. I've seen one with a snapped safety switch, and the owner claimed he'd heard it was a common issue (which you're now hearing about 3rd or 4th hand).  It didn't effect the functionality of the gun though.

I certainly wouldn't have a full metal green gas 1911 as my only pistol. Honestly, in terms of size, weight, performance etc, I think the TM G19 is one of the best sidearms around...but you should buy something you like the look and feel of. Just know that you're choosing the latter over reliability.

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I know it's an obvious choice, and it's a plastic slide, but there's a reason everyone goes for them...

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-4-3-gbb-pistol/

... Reliable in all weathers, accurate, easy to upgrade later if you want to.  

I can personally recommend this one

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-hi-capa-5-1-d-o-r-direct-optics-ready-gbb-pistol/

It's slightly upgraded on the standard hi caps, iirc.

That’s the winner there if you want a hi cappa style pistol

I never get the incessant fascination for having a metal slide over usability , I mean if your just gonna sit in the house and touch n caress it when watching a gnu pron film (like I do) 

Fair enough

But I know, when it comes down to it, my plastic slide TM will work every time I pull it out in the few and far between times I have needed to 

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

But if you fuck up the landing it really takes the wind out of you 

Feeling like there's a story there! Care to elaborate? 😁

So the answer to the question is neither; GET A TM! 

I was really considering the aesthetics and reliability and I was going to get the NWWH but the TMs kept popping up. Nighthawk is TM spec and the plastic on TM is a put-off (I know it looks great and aids performance but this is a hobby for me not a competition). 

Reeeeally considering the 5.1 TM though. One last thing: can I put a suppressor on the TM? 

I don't think so.  I probably would not want to put a suppressor on, it'd slow down my Super Speedy Tactical Quick Draw (TM) 

But if you're keen, then this is (from what I've heard) a beast of a gun with the best range and accuracy, and it takes a suppressor

Here's a bundle...

https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/product/tokyo-marui-fnx-45-tactical-gbb-pistol-black-bundle/

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

10 hours ago, EDcase said:

That's an easy choice:

The R608 is cheaper, looks cooler and most importantly it has a full size hi-capa magazine.

The Nighthawk 1911 mag doesn't hold much gas at all

The gas isn't really an issue for me as I dig the realism and need to reload. I'm even considering the EMG STI DVC 3 GUN as a middle-ground between the classic 1911 looks and the high-capa functionality. 

• Supporters

Just to throw some confusion into the ring, if you want a HiCapa that ,looks like a 1911 you need a Para Ordnance P14 https://wolfarmouries.co.uk/we-p14-gbb-pistol-black.html

I may well be biased but the FNX-45 is a lovely pistol indeed, I run a Xcortech XT301 tracer on mine rather than a suppressor and it'll still sit in my holster just fine. Hop's 25's a daft distance too 😉

Just had an email from Defcon with a TM Hi-Capa 5.1 DOR at £124.99. {Edit} Looks like the FNX and 4.3 are both at £139.99 currently.

Edited by Madhouse
prices

19 hours ago, The DrabOlive said:

I come to you as Romeo with his heart torn betwixt a fair Rosaline and Juliet

Not sure I'd be using that analogy considering their ages in the original text😉

What are you wanting from the pistol? If it's going to be a holster queen then get which ever one you like the look of. If you're planning on using it quite often then I'd go with the TM. Yes it's more expensive but it will perform better and last longer

• Jedi_Master changed the title to Which one should I buy - You Decide!
4 hours ago, The DrabOlive said:

So the answer to the question is neither; GET A TM! 

Nighthawk is TM spec and the plastic on TM is a put-off (I know it looks great and aids performance but this is a hobby for me not a competition). 

It’s a hobby to most of us dude

But nothing more disappointing than getting the sneak up on somebody and deciding to full on bad ass and getting the pistol out for the first time you have ever truly needed it!!

You’ve got the advantage …

Your victim doesn’t know you are there….

You very stealthily, withdraw your pistol from your holster……

Steady your nerves, line up the shot (who knows - the site photographer could be ready for you)

You pull the trigger and your pistol shits the bed and vents the guts out of the magazine!!

I’ve witnessed this more than a dozen times 😂

4 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

It’s a hobby to most of us dude

But nothing more disappointing than getting the sneak up on somebody and deciding to full on bad ass and getting the pistol out for the first time you have ever truly needed it!!

You’ve got the advantage …

Your victim doesn’t know you are there….

You very stealthily, withdraw your pistol from your holster……

Steady your nerves, line up the shot (who knows - the site photographer could be ready for you)

You pull the trigger and your pistol shits the bed and vents the guts out of the magazine!!

I’ve witnessed this more than a dozen times 😂

I keep seeing Doom-posting like this hence why I can't make up my mind. Alot of ppl talk have said bad things about WE and AA but now they are recommending these brands. Everyone seems to presume anything except a TM will explode after a week. Surely for the prices and brands I'm looking at, I'm avoiding a bed-shitting scenario? After this price point it's Novrisch and the the Agent 2 which I am waaaay too poor to even think about! 

4 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not sure I'd be using that analogy considering their ages in the original text😉

What are you wanting from the pistol? If it's going to be a holster queen then get which ever one you like the look of. If you're planning on using it quite often then I'd go with the TM. Yes it's more expensive but it will perform better and last longer

Holster Queen, haha! Yeah I'm not thinking of running a pistol primary - just something for CQB/indoors when my M4A1 is a bit too big for the job. I guess my problem is I'm looking for guarantees in a hobby where stuff can just blow up, hence why I'm reluctant to stand behind either one. 

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, The DrabOlive said:

Alot of ppl talk have said bad things about WE and AA but now they are recommending these brands.

From experience, the AA R17 mock-Glock is decent for the (very low) money. From observations, the R608 has (or had) one fragile part that doesn't stop it working.  There's no airsoft brand that I've used that I would give an unqualified recommendation for, as...

42 minutes ago, The DrabOlive said:

I guess my problem is I'm looking for guarantees in a hobby where stuff can just blow up, hence why I'm reluctant to stand behind either one. 

That's a realistic view. If I wanted to minimise surprises, I'd spring the little extra for a TM pistol, simple as.  I've tried a TM G17 and the trigger is much crisper than my AA. But... they both sling BBs downrange.

It's airsoft, everything is a daft waste of money.

• Supporters

@The DrabOlive I've had a load of pistols, still do, but first couple of years of playing prob had 6 I think, 3 different brands, ksc, kjw, we, best of them was my ksc G19, & then one day a regular at the chain of sites I used offered me a tm hi-capa 4.3 with 3 mags for £70, had a try on the edge of the safezone, it was actually acrisse, a military training area near Folkestone, middle of winter & absolutely freezing.

First few shots I'm like "wow, that's got some snappy kick", & hitting small targets at 30m+.

Emptied all 3 mags, 24 bb's in each, without missing a beat I FREEZING TEMPERATURES!!!! 😲

Bought it there & then, still using it probably 20 years later. 

Buy whatever you like the look of, 

BUT

First buy a tm hi-capa, that way you've always got a perfect secondary to go back to when the others let you down. 

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

On 15/12/2023 at 10:34, Cr0-Magnon said:

I certainly wouldn't have a full metal green gas 1911 as my only pistol. Honestly, in terms of size, weight, performance etc, I think the TM G19 is one of the best sidearms around...but you should buy something you like the look and feel of. Just know that you're choosing the latter over reliability.

Marui G19's are known about low FPS though (that's why I never built one).

On 15/12/2023 at 11:18, Enid_Puceflange said:

That’s the winner there if you want a hi cappa style pistol

I never get the incessant fascination for having a metal slide over usability , I mean if your just gonna sit in the house and touch n caress it when watching a gnu pron film (like I do) 

Fair enough

But I know, when it comes down to it, my plastic slide TM will work every time I pull it out in the few and far between times I have needed to 

If you want to run it on HPA around green gas pressures metal slide is gonna be needed sooner or later. No one knows when a plastic slide cracks I know. :)

Also metal can be alu it doesn't have to be cnc'd steel. Personally I wouldn't put a steel slide on any of my pistols but it's about personal preferences like everything in this hobby.

Edited by Krisz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.