New TM MWS announced

rj1986

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks like they're also going to do a longer one? Maybe a 14.5" from the looks of it?

Not my cup of tea as the next MWS build I want to do is a bit more retro (well, a retro build and a 2010ish build that I will swap stock and handguard depending on how I feel), but if I was made of money I'd look at getting a 3rd as these do look really nice.

Edited by Impulse

Looks like TM are running scared of Double Eagle's Noveske GBBR * and have come up with a handsome counter to it

* I think I'm joking

Another M4? Crazy innovation. They could build literally anything instead of this. 🙄

The URG-I is the in thing at the moment, both in airsoft and the U.S. real steel market. So this will probably sell by the sack full, particularly in the U.S. If I hadn’t already built my own MWS based URG-I, I’d definitely be looking to get one of these. Personally I’d love TM to do a retro AR, fixed carry handle MWS, particularly with the A2 carry handle. 

Don't really feel like I'm missing out as I've built my own variants, but I do wish they'd have been a bit more adventurous. Even changing the magazine to a P-mag would have been something.

A gas MP5 has to be in the offing at some point, surely.

18 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Great, now to decide MP7, M4A1 or URG-I 🤔🤔

Get the URGI, most end up swapping the handguard out for a MK16 rail anyway.

Plus you’ll have a new Gen mag, new ambi charging handle and flash hider.

• 4 weeks later...

It's a good job TMs work so well because they're really lacking imagination when it comes to broadening their range. I know people still buy them in droves (guilty) but come on man. An M4, a Glock and an MP5? Really? 

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

It's a good job TMs work so well because they're really lacking imagination when it comes to broadening their range. I know people still buy them in droves (guilty) but come on man. An M4, a Glock and an MP5? Really? 

They'll sell. People don't buy unusual guns so why would a relatively small company spend possibly 10s of thousands developing a gun that won't be profitable? Go to any site there will be at least a 10 to 1 ratio of people not running an M4/AK.

Of course they'll sell. I say that in my comment. I'm just disappointed that they aren't doing anything different, but as they manufacture exclusively for the Japanese market, external trends aren't a consideration and I understand that.

Their 'unusual guns'as you put it are generally based on anime or video games, reflecting the interests of their customer base. Doesn't stop me from being disappointed that all of their new guns are fundamentally dull, and I say that as someone who runs TM M4-based rifles and a Glock.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.