New TM MWS announced

rj1986

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I would love a GBBR SR-25 from TM, but I doubt it'll ever happen and that's an m4-adjacent gun :(

I think the next "new" GBBR we'll get from TM will be a 416 and it'll basically be a reskinned MWS.

48 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I think the next "new" GBBR we'll get from TM will be a 416 and it'll basically be a reskinned MWS.

I hope not, because I know I'd buy one 😆

7 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

I hope not, because I know I'd buy one 😆

I mean... I'd also be tempted 😂

Given the money people spend on retro receivers and the VFC line, you would think a fixed carry handle model would be in the works. Particularly as they have the 20 round mag and AKM for bad guy guns.

• Supporters

If only every big business would suicide itself by making the 1927 sub-variant of a sub-variant of an air training pistol used by a Belgian scout troop I once heard of in a story my grandfather told me in the 90s.

download.thumb.png.ce9ae596ffc77caf0cdfeaf0b67b534f.png

On 30/09/2023 at 12:28, C-Diddy said:

It's a good job TMs work so well because they're really lacking imagination when it comes to broadening their range. I know people still buy them in droves (guilty) but come on man. An M4, a Glock and an MP5? Really? 

Sorry man you don't get to complain and simultaneously be literally exactly the reason for the thing you're complaining about 🤣

On 30/09/2023 at 14:02, BigStew said:

They'll sell. People don't buy unusual guns so why would a relatively small company spend possibly 10s of thousands developing a gun that won't be profitable? Go to any site there will be at least a 10 to 1 ratio of people not running an M4/AK.

I'd say hundreds of thousands to get the production line going for a whole new gun, the injection mould for just 1 plastic part can cost many thousands.  I've only just been noticing recently that some of the original all-plastic AEGs from around the turn of the millenium have been disappearing.  I'm frankly shocked they've kept as many different models alive even in batch production for as long as they have.

19 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Sorry man you don't get to complain and simultaneously be literally exactly the reason for the thing you're complaining about 🤣

Yeah, good point. I think I've spent too long on the Internet  and I'm becoming too precious 😂

It's an interesting point about niche weapons. I think I mentioned it further up the thread, but TM have models from anime and video games in their range as they know their audience will buy them. I'm not sure a KS-1 would.

I'm off to have a word with myself and stroke my MWS until I find my happy place 🤣

• 2 months later...

Fingers firmly crossed that TM does the upcoming XM7 the US Army is replacing the M4 with. Trying to hold out for that whilst these M4 beauties are tempting me! 

4 hours ago, The DrabOlive said:

Fingers firmly crossed that TM does the upcoming XM7 the US Army is replacing the M4 with. Trying to hold out for that whilst these M4 beauties are tempting me! 

I think it may be some time before there’s an XM7. And there’s a good chance it’ll be even longer before TM does one. I’ve not seen any chatter about one in the pipeline, although, admittedly I’m not fully up to date with what TM, or other manufacturers have planned for the future. But, there was nothing at the recent airsoft show in Taiwan to suggest there are any due out, at least in the next year.

To be honest, it’s not even guaranteed that most US Army units will get them yet. If I were you, I’d buy an M4 if you’re interested in getting one. Have fun with it and then sell it on if and when an XM7, or M7 as it will be, comes out.

7 minutes ago, Super64 said:

I think it may be some time before there’s an XM7. And there’s a good chance it’ll be even longer before TM does one. I’ve not seen any chatter about one in the pipeline, although, admittedly I’m not fully up to date with what TM, or other manufacturers have planned for the future. But, there was nothing at the recent airsoft show in Taiwan to suggest there are any due out, at least in the next year.

To be honest, it’s not even guaranteed that most US Army units will get them yet. If I were you, I’d buy an M4 if you’re interested in getting one. Have fun with it and then sell it on if and when an XM7, or M7 as it will be, comes out.

Toxicant are making an MWS conversion kit as we speak.

4 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Toxicant are making an MWS conversion kit as we speak.

Ah, okay. As I said, I’m not fully up to date with what is coming. Guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for that one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.