Russian soldiers are now doing airsoft loadouts

Dentonboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Presumably this video which is also on Youtube

No captions to translate, but he doesn’t sound too impressed.

He may be directly or indirectly referring to airsoft, lack of quality or just the lack of any armour and just mag pouches ….. which may or may not fit issued magazines

Its not surprising though, with the kit donated to Ukraine from around the world and for Russia the combination of kit lost over the last 7 months and the sudden major conscription.

Not surprising. I remember a video a week or two ago of a bunch of conscripts saying they're having to scavenge ammo from the ground and surrounding areas. To compound this, of all the conscripts there not even 50% had a weapon. They had to sleep outside, no food, beg borrow and steal type situation.

• Supporters

Mmm, given the cold war and earlier gear that we've seen out there, and the unencrypted comms being picked up on Baofengs, he should be grateful that he's got more than pockets to stuff magazines in

If he had any magazines.

It's all going a bit Stalingrad, only that doesn't work so well when you're on the offence.

2 hours ago, MrTea said:

Not surprising. I remember a video a week or two ago of a bunch of conscripts saying they're having to scavenge ammo from the ground and surrounding areas. To compound this, of all the conscripts there not even 50% had a weapon. They had to sleep outside, no food, beg borrow and steal type situation.

"first man gets a rifle.  the second, bottle of .25s
when the first man falls, the second man picks up the rifle and moves forward..  ignore the enemies laughter"

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

I guarantee they're running hot and not taking their hits.

LOL, they're definitely taking their hits, it's their bosses that are denying them 🤣

On 18/10/2022 at 20:25, Skullchewer said:

I guarantee they're running hot and not taking their hits.

Apparently it's the Ukraine soldiers not talking their hits.

(I've read that they're using modern / Western manufactured plates in their rigs, and Russian ammo and AK's just can't penetrate it at all)

I saw a report they're using airsoft optics too (for those lucky enough to get a gun, and for it to be modern enough to have a rail on it)

I'd guess an airsoft-quality optic won't hold zero, or even hold itself together, faced with real-steel recoil...?  Or am I doing AliExpress etc down?

There are some budget optics that will hold zero on 5.45/5.56 guns.  Take for instance the Bushnell TRS-25 - $70/$80.  Vector Optics stuff.  Sub $100 optics can be more than capable. 

6 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Apparently it's the Ukraine soldiers not talking their hits.

(I've read that they're using modern / Western manufactured plates in their rigs, and Russian ammo and AK's just can't penetrate it at all)

I heard they're wearing the airsoft plate carriers that people asked members of this forum for a few months back.

Glad to think that the Viper rig I donated is saving Ukrainian lives.  The trick is to add folded up copies of Razzle in with the foam plates.  

1 hour ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I heard they're wearing the airsoft plate carriers that people asked members of this forum for a few months back.

Glad to think that the Viper rig I donated is saving Ukrainian lives.  The trick is to add folded up copies of Razzle in with the foam plates.  

I recall people bitching about that, and how it was wasting the Ukrainians time 🙄

Wait, you donated a copy of Razzle? You're supposed to leave them in parks and by railway lines.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2022 at 12:54, RostokMcSpoons said:

I saw a report they're using airsoft optics too (for those lucky enough to get a gun, and for it to be modern enough to have a rail on it)

I'd guess an airsoft-quality optic won't hold zero, or even hold itself together, faced with real-steel recoil...?  Or am I doing AliExpress etc down?

798C5389-AF08-4452-8CDD-20AC02E0BAB5.thumb.jpeg.064e95605450c7fb6f1f948c32859690.jpeg

Lets just science the shit out of it!

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, The Waco Kid said:

798C5389-AF08-4452-8CDD-20AC02E0BAB5.thumb.jpeg.064e95605450c7fb6f1f948c32859690.jpeg

Lets just science the shit out of it!

It's the toothbrush foregrip that does it for me!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.