Am I the ass hole?

Musica

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Feedback loop  

43 members have voted

1. 1. I am the ass hole?

• Yes
    • No
    • Both

9 minutes ago, Musica said:

I should of just walked away from the sale when I wasn't happy with it.

That would've been the mature thing to do. Instead you decided to create this thread and the "drama" surrounding it, hence my posts saying that you're acting in a childish way. The way you've been replying is only re-enforcing this opinion 

54 minutes ago, Musica said:

I am not inferring that Quango2k is an ass hole

The fact that you put the both option in the poll says otherwise. 

I suggest you drop the whole thing and ask admin to lock it as you're not doing yourself any favours by carrying on like this

41 minutes ago, Musica said:

There has been opinions on both sides but I do see a theme that I should of just walked away from the sale when I wasn't happy with it.

This. 
also, this forum has an abundance of knowledgeable, intellectual and seasoned guys (and two girls I think), who do not tolerate crass immature behaviour, which is why I get myself into trouble far too often here. If you push they Will push back harder.  
just take yer hit mate. Peace. 
oh and are you typing in bold? Can I do that on my iPhone?

8 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

That would've been the mature thing to do.

Yes and admitting I should of done that and taking my deserved lumps is clearly not satisfying yourself.

8 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

The fact that you put the both option in the poll says otherwise.

I put both in the poll as I was curious if people thought there was fault/blame on both sides of the dispute but if people are voting that way I have no control over what people think on the internet. I could of added an option for "seller" but I wasn't trying to make a witch hunt or have any other tin foil hat motive than a bit of fun.

• Supporters

If something in the 2nd hand sales is advertised as £30 delivered yes I would also offer a pound or two under the asking price(called haggling , always try your luck you never know ?) but not be upset if the seller said no they wants to stick at the original price BUT that’s also the price the buyer pays , YOU DO NOT spring paypal charges after the deals agreed ,  or start bleating as there’s no mention of the charges you should assume there not included and you have to pay them on top ? that’s a dick move end off . Even if it’s just for the simple fact it’s against the T&C’s to do so for starters .

As to leaving negative feedback when there hasn’t even been a sale ? FFS get a grip ! Not as if anyones is going to be out of pocket over it ! 

124C5B27-1A89-47EE-AAC0-71FBE5B23B4B.jpeg

8 hours ago, quango2k said:

FYI, I am a self confessed arsehole and proud :D 

Can’t argue with that ! Sorry guys but you both are .

1 hour ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

I like turtles

Seems to be a lot of misconception in here that the buyer pays the fees for the protection of G&S, which is not what the fee is for. It’s just a transaction fee that should be absorbed by the seller

imo charging the buyer fees is a dick move in any circumstance. I’m happy to cover postage, but don’t act like bloody Ticketmaster

13 hours ago, quango2k said:

IF you are a business seller, I am not a business. 

Edited by DestrO

2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Careful, the op might get upset you called him a child

Put on ignore I have no time for someone with the same dull patter. You are just trying to start an argument for no reason on the internet. I just asked if you could keep it civil and not resort to name calling. Not because I care what you say about me but just to keep the thread from getting locked.

All the best.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, DestrO said:

Seems to be a lot of misconception in here that the buyer pays the fees for the protection of G&S, which is not what the fee is for. It’s just a transaction fee that should be absorbed by the seller

true, this is how i usually deal with it.

selling secondhand in airsoft you're already tanking such a loss just from the way the market works what's a few extra £ on fees for a safe transaction.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, DestrO said:

It’s just a transaction fee that should be absorbed by the seller

Well, costed in.  And it is something that I'll always choose to pay for as buyer, because it does give me protection, versus F&F or a bank transfer with no comeback.

This is unlike postage, which is the seller's concern, not mine.

I'm absolutely fine with sellers doing the calculation of: money they want in their pocket + postage fees for their chosen method of sending + PayPal G&S fees.

Just do it up front and list that as your asking price. Don't get an offer then start considering postage costs, or sucking your teeth and saying "Ooh, you want to use PayPal, and you don't want to just give me the money without any chance of getting it back?  Wow, such unusual, very unexpect, I'll need to work out the fees for that."

That's me, anyway.  It may be the case that most buyers are happy paying F&F / bank transfer.  I'd be fascinated to know, ideally from a prolific seller who doesn't have a clown in this fight.

10 hours ago, DestrO said:

imo charging the buyer fees is a dick move in any circumstance. I’m happy to cover postage, but don’t act like bloody Ticketmaster

Why should it be absorbed by the seller?

I have listed both ways and never had an issue

I either inflate the price so you pay it.
Or i list it and you pay it. 

Either way, you are paying it. 

Same with P&P.

If they collect, they get to save on the part of the inflate price. 

This is probably why i do well on sales. I price is at what i want to get and leave it until the correct buyer comes along.
If it doesn't sell, meh not an issue. 

I am doing them a favour in being able to buy something touched by me.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, costed in.  And it is something that I'll always choose to pay for as buyer, because it does give me protection, versus F&F or a bank transfer with no comeback.

This is unlike postage, which is the seller's concern, not mine.

I'm absolutely fine with sellers doing the calculation of: money they want in their pocket + postage fees for their chosen method of sending + PayPal G&S fees.

Just do it up front and list that as your asking price. Don't get an offer then start considering postage costs, or sucking your teeth and saying "Ooh, you want to use PayPal, and you don't want to just give me the money without any chance of getting it back?  Wow, such unusual, very unexpect, I'll need to work out the fees for that."

That's me, anyway.  It may be the case that most buyers are happy paying F&F / bank transfer.  I'd be fascinated to know, ideally from a prolific seller who doesn't have a clown in this fight.

100% agree , I’m selling something I post up an amount i’d ‘like’ (obviously with a number I’d be happy to take in my head)and that’s the amount I ask for . I’ve always thought when selling anything I can’t be bothered to F*** about with different prices with or without P&P , fees , etc etc if the buyer can meet me and do a face to face for cash then obviously i’d negotiate a discount on the asking price , and as basically EVERYONE uses paypal with buyer protection as standard sticking the fees on as an ‘extra’ is quite frankly a puerile thing to do and just a dick move , simple as that really .

35 minutes ago, Musica said:

Guys constantly grunting loud at the gym : r/funny

R u fick?

I think the poll should have been:

l am asshole?

or 

I am ass hole?

or 

I am both?

just it’s been troubling me all last night; grammar n that…

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Musica said:

Guys constantly grunting loud at the gym : r/funny

6aux8o.jpg

May not be entirely serious - AFUKers who spray together stay together.

At this point I'll uprate any post that escalates us to the point where someone gets threatened in real life, in Minecraft.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

personally when selling stuff i will ask for F&F. i would say 90% of people are ok with it off the bat, the remainder are happy to go ahead after i show them the years worth of feedback on multiple platforms i have

7 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Personally, I try not to piss off sellers, since I'm essentially relying on your goodwill to post the thing off at all.

exactly this. the main reason people will pay fees, which is ridiculous really as that is effectively extortion 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.