Guns You Think Are Good, but You Hate Them Anyway.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

All AKs.

I've had three (including one with a buffer tube). I want to love them. I love looking at them (particularly LCT, E&L etc) but I finally accepted that I just don't like them when it comes to actual gameplay.

I feel you, I take one look at an AK and suddenly the handguard comes loose and the front iron sight bents to the right or goes canted but I just want an AKS 74u that doesn't look like it's been assembled by an idiot or it's from Khyber pass 😂

I hate anything that has a drum mag when it technically shouldn't have a drum mag, come near me with one of those neon magazines on a 9mm M4 and I'll throw hands 😂

Edited by RipsawDPM

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

AAP-1 , the soggy biscuit of the air soft world!

Very popular in boys' boarding schools?

Oh, the G&G SSG-1.

I saw one in the wild a couple of weeks back. The performance seemed as good as advertised, but they give me the dry heaves.

If someone is going to run a wanker performance gun, I'd rather they did it the approved way: a scuba tank and lolicon waifu stickers.

I can't stand the look of M4 style 9mm rifs.  They just look deformed.   A perfectly usable, well thought out platform, but just wrong.  

I can understand the hate for Evo's. I run around with my little SMG version, taking out the £2000 bush sniper boi's left, right and indeed centre.

In terms of guns I think are effective but I dislike. Add me to the long list of people who think HPA setups look awful. Thankfully my local site has banned such monstrosities.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Add me to the long list of people who think HPA setups look awful. Thankfully my local site has banned such monstrosities.

Good for them.  The sooner you treat the infection, the easier is it to stop the spread.

Another one for M4 stocks on everything.  But its pistol calibre carbines that annoy the shit out of me the most, especially when they are kits grafted onto expensive guns like an MWS.......

• Supporters
13 hours ago, RipsawDPM said:

I feel you, I take one look at an AK and suddenly the handguard comes loose and the front iron sight bents to the right or goes canted but I just want an AKS 74u that doesn't look like it's been assembled by an idiot or it's from Khyber pass 😂

the more premium ak's tend to be a lot better for that, the e&l's/lct's/real swords. although if you're changing the handguards around you do gotta put some work in to get them to sit tight.

on the subject of ak's i'm also not a fan of railed top covers/sight block mounts/"diving boards" for mounting optics, i get the practicality of not having to pull a siderail every time you install the battery, i get that zero retention is a pointless concern on an airsoft gat, and i get that you can still fold the stock. but i still don't like em.

although that said i like the more eclectic siderail mounted optics the russians have so i realise i'm probably in the minority here.

34 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the more premium ak's tend to be a lot better for that, the e&l's/lct's/real swords. although if you're changing the handguards around you do gotta put some work in to get them to sit tight.

on the subject of ak's i'm also not a fan of railed top covers/sight block mounts/"diving boards" for mounting optics, i get the practicality of not having to pull a siderail every time you install the battery, i get that zero retention is a pointless concern on an airsoft gat, and i get that you can still fold the stock. but i still don't like em.

although that said i like the more eclectic siderail mounted optics the russians have so i realise i'm probably in the minority here.

Funnily enough I'm the opposite. I think the side mounted rails look terrible. If you're going to use the side rail it needs to be for a side rail mounted optic, otherwise use a railed gas tube

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Funnily enough I'm the opposite. I think the side mounted rails look terrible. If you're going to use the side rail it needs to be for a side rail mounted optic, otherwise use a railed gas tube

I do agree, although aside from the pso, pk-a and kobra there's not a lot of options for dedicated siderail optics in the repro market.

Which is a shame because a lot of the siderail stuff is the most steampunk glass you can get.

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I do agree, although aside from the pso, pk-a and kobra there's not a lot of options for dedicated siderail optics in the repro market.

Which is a shame because a lot of the siderail stuff is the most steampunk glass you can get.

What I'd give for an affordable Kobra replica

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I can understand the hate for Evo's. I run around with my little SMG version, taking out the £2000 bush sniper boi's left, right and indeed centre.

Nope completely missed the the point there bud , got fornication all to do with its performance for all I care you could be taking out players on a different site in a different county the range and accuracy is that monumental . No it’s ALL about the fact it looks like it’s been squeezed out of a giant lump of man cheese that makes it soooooooooooooo repulsive ! 🤮

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

What I'd give for an affordable Kobra replica

i know, ended up importing a pk1 which is a wonderful bit of kit, doesn't work indoors but it's still a head turner (and a few stomachs admittedly). very purple though.....

although it does teach you the meaning of the term "bore offset" :P

i'd love a 1p29, not because i think it's good but because my god that's a weird optic.....

20 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Nope completely missed the the point there bud , got fornication all to do with its performance for all I care you could be taking out players on a different site in a different county the range and accuracy is that monumental . No it’s ALL about the fact it looks like it’s been squeezed out of a giant lump of man cheese that makes it soooooooooooooo repulsive ! 🤮

LOL, OK G36 owner....each to their own.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

LOL, OK G36 owner....each to their own.

the whole point of this thread is irrationally disliking guns even if you admit to yourself they're actually pretty good, not meant to be too serious :P

30 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the whole point of this thread is irrationally disliking guns even if you admit to yourself they're actually pretty good, not meant to be too serious :P

Oh yeah, all in good fun...I don't get in to "fur realz" arguments online.

54 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I agree with your there. The Evo looks totally uninspired like a placeholder gun in a game before they hired a graphic designer. Admittedly I do kind of like it like this but then I realised it's rather just have an mpx

3f4b1744e2c045c1c14ecbb7d09374e5.jpg

I tried twice with an evo, once when they first came out and then an evotek when I had forgotten the grip angle that only John Inman could find comfortable and the right hand fire selector that sticks into your trigger finger.

Never again 

Edited by Stratton Oakmont

17 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

I can't stand the look of M4 style 9mm rifs.  They just look deformed.   A perfectly usable, well thought out platform, but just wrong.  

Rifles with pistol caliber mags just look like those guys in the gym who always skip leg day 😂

I would add H&K MP7 - both the real and TM versions are great but they are so un-ergonomic to hold…and that is before people start adding a red dot….and a PEQ….and a torch….then badly Krylon the whole abortion

Held the Evo, not fired, and frankly it almost made it on to the 'i have a savings pot for this gun' list. Dont see the issue

The P90 has been a dream gun and does have a savings pot, well it did til i got my hands on one. Cramped. 

Bullpups. That is all. 

1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

The P90 has been a dream gun and does have a savings pot, well it did til i got my hands on one. Cramped. 

Bullpups. That is all. 

See I like the look of a P90 and owned one for a while. I sold it because I got tired (literally) of using the Lego brick trigger.

With the p90, its the mags as well. Although Wolf Armouries (pre covid) did let me grab a couple of mags to try the change. It would take a lot for me to get the leg setup comfy. 

Also buffer tube stocks. Put one on any toy (unless m4/ar) and i like it less. 

Another mention for glocks as well, for all of the reasons mentioned above, and everyone has one or glock adjacent, sigs, they are short glocks. I choose this hill. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.