Guns You Think Are Good, but You Hate Them Anyway.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for me it's glocks, i get that both real and (the good) airsoft versions make for fine gats, simple, easy to use, reliable and effective enough to get the job done. i can understand their popularity and i'll admit if i actually had to bet my life on a handgun it would be a good choice.

but i hate them, they're boring, boxy, and the tat people sprinkle on them or carve into them with soldering irons just makes it worse.

The Office Michael Scott GIF - TheOffice MichaelScott BraveFace GIFs

Aaaand as an actual contribution, which which I suspect may well be a popular answer... P90's. With the caveat that it doesn't strictly meet your criteria because I have no idea if they're good or not... and I'd hate them irrelevant of that answer.

I can think of one but I'm going to leave it for a certain someone who's way more opinionated lol. For me the only stock that looks right on an MP5 is the collapsing A3. 

I can't stand stubby versions of full length rifles, they all look shite. I know for airsoft barrel length really doesn't matter but I feel like anything less than 8" just looks weird ( oi oi ;) )

Conversely, extra long pistols also look wank. They're the least subtle way to tell people you feel inadequate short of getting it out and waving it at people. 

Other than that just unnecessary pic rails stuck on everything. 

Edited by PopRocket123

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Aaaand as an actual contribution, which which I suspect may well be a popular answer... P90's. With the caveat that it doesn't strictly meet your criteria because I have no idea if they're good or not... and I'd hate them irrelevant of that answer.

this isn't meant to be too serious :P

for example i like the p90, but i get why you don't (and it's bigger brother)

9 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I can't stand stubby versions of full length rifles, they all look shite. I know for airsoft barrel length really doesn't matter but I feel like anything less than 8" just looks weird ( oi oi ;) )

"what length barrel is in that thing?"

"yes"

42 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

for me it's glocks, i get that both real and (the good) airsoft versions make for fine gats, simple, easy to use, reliable and effective enough to get the job done. i can understand their popularity and i'll admit if i actually had to bet my life on a handgun it would be a good choice.

but i hate them, they're boring, boxy, and the tat people sprinkle on them or carve into them with soldering irons just makes it worse.

You beat me to it. Glocks are undeniably great handguns. They're reliable, have a high magazine capacity, easy to use, they're everything you want in a pistol and if I had to carry a handgun I'd probably go for a Glock 21 as it's got all that Glock goodness and comes in .45 calibre. It's perfect.

But I still hate them; give me my impractical m1911 with its outdated single stack magazine.

Also, in airsoft... AEGs. Yes, AEGs. I think they're the best weapon platform for airsoft. They're reliable, they'll work in all weather, you can put thousands of BBs through them with no issues and all you need to do is swap batteries if you get low. Also, with how far hop rubbers have come along, they're reaching similar ranges to bolt actions (not quite the same, but comparable enough where you can just aim up or dash forward 10 - 15m to get in range). To top that off, you can run hi-caps allowing you to never run out of ammo, or even use a drum mag if you so desire. Or you can up them to be DMRs and bridge the gap between AEG and bolt action, getting the middle ground "best of both worlds" platform. All in all, they're amazing, they're versatile and they often look really good.

But I still hate them. They sound silly, they're loud(er than HPA), and they're so uncivilised.

Obi Wan Uncivilized GIF - ObiWan Uncivilized StarWars GIFs

Edited by Impulse

11 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Any rifle where the mag is behind the trigger. Could be the best gun in the world but I'll still dislike it just because I don't think it looks right.

I'm still waiting for a good looking bullpup rif

Edited by PopRocket123

42 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

The Office Michael Scott GIF - TheOffice MichaelScott BraveFace GIFs

Understandable they are marmite guns. Real steel very good guns for what they were meant to do, Airsoft high caps are garbage ( very clever just don't work well) for the TM guns other than the hi caps brilliant guns with a very good hop.

Bolt action rifles because I am left handed and the ones that are left handed are ugly as sin. Really don't like any of the M4 ish 9mm carbines they don't look right with the rip off Glock mags. You want a 9mm as sub machine gun get an MP5.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Madhouse said:

Any rifle where the mag is behind the trigger. Could be the best gun in the world but I'll still dislike it just because I don't think it looks right.

All bullpups look exactly the same to me: equally gopping.

I hate P90s in the way that bible thumping politicians publicly decry the gay, shortly before being caught cottaging in an airport bathroom.

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

... in the way that bible thumping politicians publicly decry the gay, shortly before being caught cottaging in an airport bathroom.

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Holy shit that caught me off guard!

I know they're good but I'm not a fan of the arp9 and the 9mm carbiney type things.

Like big stew said, get an mp5 or a similar smg.

• Supporters

As has already been identified I think the EVO has been crafted by some degenerate from the smegma found in the devil’s foreskin 🤮 but equally dripping with my disdain is ANY gun that has some kind of adapter so you can run STANAG mags in a gun that’s not chambered for 5.56 in the real world , wether it’s a P90 with one of those phantom abortions hanging of the side of it like some kind of parasite sucking the life out of it , an adapter rammed up the jacksy of a shotgun or my REAL all time favourite the tapped hi-capa M4 mag adapter ! WTF ! It’s a pistol FFS ! 😳
this isn’t the ‘Matrix’ where you’ve got Neo dual wielding 9mm SMG’s running around the wall of a building and killing all the bad guys while a positive downpour of 5.56 cases are raining on the floor !🤦‍♂️

All AKs.

I've had three (including one with a buffer tube). I want to love them. I love looking at them (particularly LCT, E&L etc) but I finally accepted that I just don't like them when it comes to actual gameplay.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

but equally dripping with my disdain is ANY gun that has some kind of adapter so you can run STANAG mags

Angry John Goodman GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

...in a gun that’s not chambered for 5.56 in the real world

image.png.a5c71d51e17d078142a4cdbd61d0a97e.png

I run my G36 on M16-4-Assault-Rifle-15-Stanmags, they actually feed better than the G36 midcaps that I bought for it.

Real-plastic-steel version: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/assault-rifles/g36/g36/accessories.html

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Rogerborg said:

i run my G36 on M16-4-Assault-Rifle-15-Stanmags, they actually feed better than the G36 midcaps that I bought for it.

Real-plastic-steel version: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/assault-rifles/g36/g36/accessories.html

Perfectly acceptable as there is a ‘real Steel’ version in the outside world . 👍

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

All AKs.

I've had three (including one with a buffer tube). I want to love them. I love looking at them (particularly LCT, E&L etc) but I finally accepted that I just don't like them when it comes to actual gameplay.

Create meme "Triggered (Triggered , poster , meme triggered)" - Pictures -  Meme-arsenal.com

:P :P 😛

^huh, didn't know you could capitalize smilies......

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i also hate the fashion for putting buffer tube stocks on everything...

You'd love the AAP-01 group on Facebook, it's just people w**king over their 3d printed buffer tubes and ludicrous stocks 🤣 ("what do you think of my new print and build?")

6 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

You'd love the AAP-01 group on Facebook, it's just people w**king over their 3d printed buffer tubes and ludicrous stocks 🤣 ("what do you think of my new print and build?")

That reminds me. Carbine kits for pistols. Yet to see one that doesn't look like shit

• Supporters
Just now, Fatboy40 said:

lemme guess, it's all low density pla stuff in really bright colours? "when all you have is a hammer every problem looks like a nail"

Any pistol kitted out to the hills specifically to make your life hell in airsoft. Which is mostly Hi-Capas

Also polymer gun replicas of metal ones with the same goal in mind, sure they are incredibly effective and light but agh!

Anything that peopelmake admr with .....

Like the mk23 psitol  etc 

Yes there good but God I hate the Nintendo looking guns with stocks and scopes on . And then they say look it out shoots my sniper ..... Then why run the sniper I ask .... No answer back 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Kls77 said:

Anything that peopelmake admr with .....

Like the mk23 psitol  etc 

Yes there good but God I hate the Nintendo looking guns with stocks and scopes on . And then they say look it out shoots my sniper ..... Then why run the sniper I ask .... No answer back 

Back a couple of yrs ago me and a mate picked up a pair of HFC branded 23’s from TG , they came with the power up suppressor which took them both over the 400mark with a .2 so we said to the head marshal “could we run them as is under the DMR rules he laughed and said “carry on !” Now obviously we didn’t have any of that silly gubbins to tern them in to ‘proper’ DMR’s so I took the grip pod off my L85 and cable tied the SUSAT on to my pistol and he took the ris bipod off his 249 and the Elcan off it and cable tied THAT to his !🤦‍♂️
But funniest part was feeding them .38 we’d nicked from a mate we actually got a good few kills with them and a few players where NOT impressed when they found out it was us With our comedy DMR’s ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.