Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just had a really nice personal email from a non airsoft retailer in the states that I use fairly frequently apologising but he’s suspending U.K. sales until further notice due to the utter cluster fuck of a hassle it is ref imports&exports for small businesses . He said he’s really sorry as I’ve been a great customer but it’s just taking up way too much of his time sorting it all out to ship to the U.K . 😢

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Just had a really nice personal email from a non airsoft retailer in the states that I use fairly frequently apologising but he’s suspending U.K. sales until further notice due to the utter cluster fuck of a hassle it is ref imports&exports for small businesses . He said he’s really sorry as I’ve been a great customer but it’s just taking up way too much of his time sorting it all out to ship to the U.K . 😢

I've seen quite a few similar ones (again mostly non airsoft). It's just not worth the hassle for most of them!

God, I hope this situation settles down soon. This hurts UK Consumers, UK Companies as well as overseas suppliers.

It's easy to just blame Brexit, but it's the UK government's own rules that are causing much of this, with stuff like the VAT registration requirements for overseas companies (EU or not).

It's not a Brexit thing or just our government; the EU has been planning to do this for some time and would have introduced it at the same time as us, but they delayed implementing them until July due to the coronavirus: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/vat/modernising-vat-cross-border-ecommerce_en

Edited by Ad_

• Supporters

Non airsoft but - we just bought some hardware at work that is made by a Swedish company. Our purchase was with the UK office, in GBP and invoiced with UK VAT. The hardware was shipped ex-works from Sweden and now DHL want import duty and VAT. Clusterfuck.

On 09/03/2021 at 17:50, EvilMonkee said:

It would be helpful if you told me the email.  They havent emailed me.  Thanks

I had an email from this address: [email protected]

It relates to the actual person though, rather than a general inbox. Hope this helps.

My package arrived today!!

Best part is, this is the second of two parcels sent out by TG.  The first one is still in Stanford, and has been for 3 weeks now.  This second one was in Poland for 3 weeks, and yesterday was imported, then today was delivered. No customs clearance, no firearms form, no English invoice. Its very clear that UPS are all over the place.

There's still hope out there guys.

PXL_20210312_154008900.jpg

so mine now has the status

Original documents required (Immigration documents, Visa etc) / Your package was released by the clearing agency.

so is that 'its cleared and all is well' or is that 'we need more info'

is Schrödinger's delivery service now it seems

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Laserhawk said:

Best part is, this is the second of two parcels sent out by TG.  The first one is still in Stanford, and has been for 3 weeks now.  This second one was in Poland for 3 weeks, and yesterday was imported, then today was delivered. No customs clearance, no firearms form, no English invoice. Its very clear that UPS are all over the place.

please tell me that box has a whole rif in it, because that would be such a beautiful mockery of their "firearms declaration" procedures.....

43 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

please tell me that box has a whole rif in it, because that would be such a beautiful mockery of their "firearms declaration" procedures.....

haha yep full rif.  All untouched.  All good.

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

so mine now has the status

Original documents required (Immigration documents, Visa etc) / Your package was released by the clearing agency.

so is that 'its cleared and all is well' or is that 'we need more info'

is Schrödinger's delivery service now it seems

You've still got all this to come. my friend.

It appears that until all the packages on the truck are scanned/accepted by customs, ours stay there and are 'scanned in' again every 72 hours.

image_2021-03-12_190154.png

On 12/03/2021 at 09:33, Adolf Hamster said:

as much as we might have sympathy for the shops, maybe we should be hassling them about all this, if only to make them see how bad the problem is and maybe switch couriers?

I'm inclined to agree.  I've written to TG again this week to press the point that this is reflecting so badly on their business and everyone affected is going to think twice about using any retailer that uses UPS (for anything).

If you used PayPal for the purchase you have 180 days from the purchase date to open a dispute over the purchase.  I think the retailer needs to prove the item was sent (which TG will be able to do), but they won't be able confirm delivery, which is the issue for the buyer.  I had a similar issue with a parcel that was lost in the Russian postal system and PayPal refunded me once they'd reviewed the case.  I would assume that there would be similar limits on the time you have to open a case also apply if you've used different methods of credit.

@Laserhawk's experience suggests that UPS are perhaps concentrating on dealing with parcels that have just been imported (e.g. not adding to the backlog), although it could also be put down to general incompetence, given that no RIF paperwork was demanded.  Given how my own parcel hasn't been scanned since the 8th March I'm wondering if it's suffered the fate of many parcels in this warehouse.

I'm interested to see if @L3wisD and @kasaran receive anything on Monday 15th March.  This for me will be the test of UPS.  If parcels start to arrive (giving a 4-week delivery time) then there is hope that UPS are attempting to clear these imports from TG.  If not I'll be looking to dispute my purchase, given online distance selling rules in both the UK and EU state that the retailer has 30 days to deliver the goods, after which they become liable to make refunds.  

Edited by RebelScum
Formatting

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

I'm inclined to agree.  I've written to TG again this week to press the point that this is reflecting so badly on their business and everyone affected is going to think twice about using any retailer that uses UPS (for anything).

indeed, the point is not that we think tg is a bad shop, but that if we have to deal with ups it'd be as easy to buy elsewhere.

Very much a case of waiting to see if my order actually shows up tomorrow, or is now going to do the warehouse dance at Stanford for a few weeks. But assuming it does turn up tomorrow it would appear to have been generally much less painful for those that ordered a few weeks after TG starfted taking orders from the UK again versus those that put in orders immediately. Perhaps an ounce of hope moving forward for those that intended to use TG regularly, it'd still be preferable if they changed couriers to someone a bit more efficient but I'm hunting for a silver lining for those that will continue to use TG.

Edit: Even though I'm not intending on making any further orders (for no other reason than I'm pretty content with waht I have), I've still thrown them an email to say it'd be worth looking elsewhere if for no other reason that they're probably overpaying UPS for the standard of service they're receiving.

Edited by alxndrhll

53 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Very much a case of waiting to see if my order actually shows up tomorrow, or is now going to do the warehouse dance at Stanford for a few weeks. But assuming it does turn up tomorrow it would appear to have been generally much less painful for those that ordered a few weeks after TG starfted taking orders from the UK again versus those that put in orders immediately. Perhaps an ounce of hope moving forward for those that intended to use TG regularly, it'd still be preferable if they changed couriers to someone a bit more efficient but I'm hunting for a silver lining for those that will continue to use TG.

Edit: Even though I'm not intending on making any further orders (for no other reason than I'm pretty content with waht I have), I've still thrown them an email to say it'd be worth looking elsewhere if for no other reason that they're probably overpaying UPS for the standard of service they're receiving.

Does your tracking still shoe it at Stanford Le Hope? If it does it is highly unlikely that it will be delivered tomorrow as it would need to be on it's way to your local depot now.

One of mine is also scheduled for tomorrow but I do not believe it. This parcel has had 5-6 different scheduled dates during its 4+ week wait. Currently sat at Stanford Le Hope with no update for several days.

I would like to be able to order from Taiwangun again in the future but not while they use UPS. I did raise this with them before but they say UPS is the only courier that they can work with to ship to the UK. to quote them:

"Sorry, but only UPS has developed options so that now, after Brexit, we could do some sales to the UK. It is not our fault"

To be honest I don't believe that to be the case but would imagine that it is more about negotiating favourable rates for a large logistics account.

James

17 minutes ago, Piman said:

Does your tracking still shoe it at Stanford Le Hope? If it does it is highly unlikely that it will be delivered tomorrow as it would need to be on it's way to your local depot now.

One of mine is also scheduled for tomorrow but I do not believe it. This parcel has had 5-6 different scheduled dates during its 4+ week wait. Currently sat at Stanford Le Hope with no update for several days.

I would like to be able to order from Taiwangun again in the future but not while they use UPS. I did raise this with them before but they say UPS is the only courier that they can work with to ship to the UK. to quote them:

"Sorry, but only UPS has developed options so that now, after Brexit, we could do some sales to the UK. It is not our fault"

To be honest I don't believe that to be the case but would imagine that it is more about negotiating favourable rates for a large logistics account.

James

Don't know if it counts for much but I have just had an email saying words to the effect of 'Hi, you have a parcel coming tomorrow which requires a signature'.

As for travelling to local depots, the majority of that tends to happen overnight so it's certainly not out of the question. Ultimately I'm not particularly arsed either way, takes as long as it takes, but I'm aware others are significantly more bothered for various reasons.

currently mine is down as this. 

I would not hold my breath on delivery until it is in the Northampton depot, which is where everything ups has ever delivered me gets dispatched from. 

though im hoping being down to having cleared customs as being a good sign at least? 

With Ukara expiring on the 27th, im assuming that hurdle has now at least been passed? *touch wood*

hoping i can get my mp5 and mp443 soon (and for defcon airsoft to actually send me that m14, its been a week since ordering from them, got no delivery notification or anything, its just down as completed on their website)

image.thumb.png.14bd8dea605e17e286672fcaf145ca82.png

Edited by kasaran

2 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Don't know if it counts for much but I have just had an email saying words to the effect of 'Hi, you have a parcel coming tomorrow which requires a signature'.

Well that is more than I have had so fingers crossed. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, but according to scans it's still in Stanford No-Hope.

rG54Gtp.jpg

My Specna colleague in Burnley, whos large Gunfire package left a few days after mine arrived with him on Friday, with no import/admin fees.

Got this today - might be of use to some people.  Basically they were just wanting a firearms declaration bullshit as usual, which again I had to figure out on my own as they STILL haven't asked for it. Maybe people should proactively send them in?

Dear Sir/Madam,

This e-mail is from UPS Brokerage at East Midlands Airport. We are responsible for completing UK Import Customs formalities on your behalf for UPS shipments. We are contacting you because we need more information from you in order to complete Import Customs formalities on a current shipment.

Please provide Import Customs clearance instructions for the shipment referred to in the subject line of this e-mail. A copy of the documents we hold relating to this shipment is attached to this e-mail for your reference.

As a matter of urgency, please provide us with your clearance instructions; including

- Customs procedure or reason for import
- Commodity Code or Plain language goods description
- Your EORI number/VAT Number
- Approval to use your Deferment Approval Number (DAN), where appropriate
- Also, please fill out the attached form
- Any other information we must take into account when completing this Customs declaration on your behalf

Please respond by 5pm today, if possible.
You can contact us regarding this Customs clearance request from 08.00 - 18.00 Monday - Friday on 03457 877 877 option 6 1
- By fax on 01332 815583
- In writing to UPS Brokerage, Building 106, Beverley Road, East Midlands Airport, Derby DE74 2TG To track the delivery of your shipment, go to http://www.ups.com/gb and use the tracking number in the subject line of this fax or call UPS Customer Services on 03457 877 877
Routine Customs clearance is included in UPS shipping rates. Government charges for example duties and taxes are usually payable for UK import shipments. These charges are in addition to the value of the goods and shipping charges you may have already paid to the seller. UPS Brokerage will apply additional fees for the use of the UPS deferment, for non-routine clearances and storage fees for shipments held in the UPS facilities pending your instructions. A full list and description of these charges is available at http://www.ups.com/content/gb/en/shipping/cost/additional.html

All the best,

Suzaine C. Canoy
Customs Clearance Advisor
UPS Brokerage
UPS Ltd Registered Office: UPS House, Forest Road,
Feltham, Middlesex TW13 7DY
Registered in England 1933173
Tel: 03457 877 877
Fax 01332 815583

It must be a day for UPS to clear their emails.  I just received this from UPS brokerage as well:

Good day,

Thank you for your email, In regards to your package, I have already uploaded the documents needed and set it to complete. Now, we'll just have to wait for customs to clear your shipment so that it will be delivered to you as soon as possible.

All the best,

Bryle B. Patalinghug       

Customs Clearance Advisor

Just to be absolutely clear the whole Customs clearance excuse is nonsense, as is any suggestion that these parcels are being held by Customs.  Most parcels and freight in the UK are cleared electronically and never physically see anyone at the border.  The courier firm will need to input tariff information on entry, which in turn informs how much VAT and duty you pay.  Given UPS took the VAT and duty (plus their admin fee) weeks ago they've already done this (or should have).  Any physical checks are then based on the risk that electronic manifest presents, with parcel post having a very limited hold time at the border, given the urgent nature of many packages.  Indeed DHL confirmed all the tariff information for me retrospectively the other day, so they didn't delay delivery.  The firearms form that UPS insist on, is only for their own purposes.  It is not an import requirement, but it will obviously help if you have a parcel lost in the black hole of the UPS system.

It does make me wonder if a bulk load of TG parcels are stuck in Stanford Le Hope, waiting for UPS to grind through their paperwork.  If any parcels are missing their documents they won't release the whole lot, as was suggested in a previous posting.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

UPS has just arrived at work.

No parcel from Gunfire.

Apparently it's still due to be delivered between 8:00 and 11:30 even though it's still in Stanford No-Hope

Given how rubbish their tracking system is, you'd be better advised throwing a dart at a 2021 calendar for the actual date of delivery.  I'm genuinely hoping for all the best for those expecting a delivery today, but I'd be amazed if any packages turned up.  Fingers crossed for everyone though.

Edited by RebelScum
Grammar

So the tracker says my thing as being updated at 5 this morning. Though detailed view has not changed since the last posted screenshot.  Still apparently due this afternoon.

My first shipment is due today according to the tracker but as it is still showing as being in SLH I know it is not going to arrive.

Having just had a UPS van pull up right in front of my house for a delivery to my neighbour it feels like they are rubbing salt into the wound. I decided to give them yet another call following numerous promises of call backs and updates. This time I was put through to the same Customer Services manager who apologised and has provided a direct email contact to him. I still don't see that as much help as their customer services have little to no influence as to what happens at their hubs. It feels more like a stalling/pacification tactic for now.

I don't know why I do it but I keep going back to Turustpilot to look at reviews and share in everyone else's misery. Over 9,000 reviews with 93% at the lowest rating. I am surprised it has not been picked up in the media.

Still, I find this thread very therapeutic as an output for my frustration. It gets harder every time I am on the phone to UPS to keep calm.

1 hour ago, Piman said:

I decided to give them yet another call following numerous promises of call backs and updates. This time I was put through to the same Customer Services manager who apologised and has provided a direct email contact to him. I still don't see that as much help as their customer services have little to no influence as to what happens at their hubs. It feels more like a stalling/pacification tactic for now.

I don't know why I do it but I keep going back to Trustpilot to look at reviews and share in everyone else's misery. Over 9,000 reviews with 93% at the lowest rating. I am surprised it has not been picked up in the media.

Still, I find this thread very therapeutic as an output for my frustration. It gets harder every time I am on the phone to UPS to keep calm.

I feel your pain.  It's one of the reasons why I can't be bothered to waste my time chasing UPS.  You are absolutely right that their customer service desks have absolutely no control over what is going on in the hubs and they have exactly the same tracking information as we have online.   Emailing social media platforms is an equal waste of time, as you get fed a scripted response.  Some of the Trustpilot reviews are horrendous and it makes me glad I'm not a retailer having to deal with this.  This one review really sums things up for me:

Screenshot 2021-03-15 121241.png

It's one of the reasons that in the end I'll pass the responsibility for this mess to the retailer.  As others have said TG aren't a bad company, but they do have a role to play in resolving these issues for their customers.

Edited by RebelScum
Additional info

Caved and rang them. One guy read out fridays status saying more documents required and put ne on hold to make enquiries.  Then a woman i could barely hear picked up.  Stated its cleared customs but still in london.  Though is adamant that its coming by end of day today.

Time will tell

I rang UPS and asked if they accepted my fire arms declaration. All they could say is that they have received it, but has yet to clear customs. (Whether it is accepted is a different matter, it's been a week since I sent my Declaration back)

Also asked if I'll get an Email from customs to pay the charge, they seemed to think I would pay on arrival. 

So slightly worried. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.