Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm still hopeful that importing from EU will stabilise and be simplified in future.

Brexit on top of Covid has disrupted everything really badly.

Since November I'm still waiting for parts from KYAirsoft who say they're still waiting for a shipment from WE.

This is also affecting UK retailers who obviously have very low stock at the moment.

Things will get better...

We have EVERYTHING to look forward to

9 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

not being able to go out and play definitely amplifies the 'is this all really worth it' element.

For me it's the opposite. I nearly quit before lockdown as had a few not-so-great days in a row and was feeling burnt out and guilty about spending more time buying and selling guns, than I did actually using the damn things.

Now I'm left sorely missing having a reason to get up and out first thing on a Saturday, then getting that feeling of having earned the right to sit down, maybe have some Doritos and a few beers in the evening. Again I feel guilty if I haven't worked for it.

So this is a new one from UPS.

They have just sent me an email asking for me to provide them with an English invoice of my order from TG.  They attached the original Polish one, and are saying they wont clear it until they have it in English.

Im not aware of TG providing English language invoices, so i've simply replied with screen captures of my order from the TG website.  This is just getting silly now....

6 minutes ago, Laserhawk said:

They have just sent me an email asking for me to provide them with an English invoice of my order from TG.  They attached the original Polish one, and are saying they wont clear it until they have it in English.

Im not aware of TG providing English language invoices, so i've simply replied with screen captures of my order from the TG website.  This is just getting silly now....

Did you not get an email from TG (email address was [email protected]) with the header starting 'INVOICE taiwangun.com' followed by the names of the attached files? Assuming you ordered a RIF that should have your warranty information and an invoice (both in English) attached, both as PDFs.

If you didn't order a RIF I'll assume it's just the invoice, but couldn't say for certain.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Since November I'm still waiting for parts from KYAirsoft who say they're still waiting for a shipment from WE.

in fairness that's just ky airsoft for you.

i ended up cancelling part of an order because they hadn't sent it despite being re-stocked and available on their website (this is several months after the initial order and before covid kicked off), then then tried to trick the paypal case with the old "close the case and we'll refund you" (when paypal explicitly states doing that will mean you can't re-open if they renege on their promise)

they then haggled over the postage cost, which i'd estimated using their own website for the parts in the order.

eventually paypal stepped in and gave me my money back (which is why we love paypal) but i'll be trying to avoid them where possible from now on.

shame because they are the only stockists for a lot of the more niche WE spares.

6 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Did you not get an email from TG with the header starting 'INVOICE taiwangun.com' (followed by the names of the attached files)? Assuming you ordered a RIF that should have your warranty information and an invoice (in English) attached, both as PDFs.

Apologies, I just found it.  Thanks for the tip.

So I have had yet another phone call with UPS this afternoon after they promised they would call me back in an hour this morning. After talking to the support initially I was then passed to a customer support manager. They are all very polite and not in an enviable position. I expect the amount of calls they are getting and what little they can do must be very stressful.  As such it is always best to be as polite as possible even though that is very hard at times.

So I spent a while discussing with him the situation with UKARA and the risk of that running out. Again they will pass messages on but it is up to the Poland depot as to if they do anything about it.

What was interesting was what he said is likely happening and would explain why people wait different times. Our packages will all be loaded up in trailers waiting to depart. However, regardless of whether all your paperwork is good to go and has cleared customs, there will be other packages in the trailer waiting to be cleared or missing paperwork. The trailer won't move until the last one is sorted. They may unload and sort out packages that are good to go but you can imagine this is a last resort and something they would avoid doing at all costs.

James

4 minutes ago, Piman said:

So I have had yet another phone call with UPS this afternoon after they promised they would call me back in an hour this morning. After talking to the support initially I was then passed to a customer support manager. They are all very polite and not in an enviable position. I expect the amount of calls they are getting and what little they can do must be very stressful.  As such it is always best to be as polite as possible even though that is very hard at times.

So I spent a while discussing with him the situation with UKARA and the risk of that running out. Again they will pass messages on but it is up to the Poland depot as to if they do anything about it.

What was interesting was what he said is likely happening and would explain why people wait different times. Our packages will all be loaded up in trailers waiting to depart. However, regardless of whether all your paperwork is good to go and has cleared customs, there will be other packages in the trailer waiting to be cleared or missing paperwork. The trailer won't move until the last one is sorted. They may unload and sort out packages that are good to go but you can imagine this is a last resort and something they would avoid doing at all costs.

James

That's interesting.  Thanks for finding that out James.  At least we know a bit more now.

So I just checked my tracking number it has now changed to awaiting payment of charges. Presumably that means my Declaration is ok? How would I go about paying the bill? I don't see an option on the website, will I get contacted with a call or Email?

Cheers all! 

24 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

So I just checked my tracking number it has now changed to awaiting payment of charges. Presumably that means my Declaration is ok? How would I go about paying the bill? I don't see an option on the website, will I get contacted with a call or Email?

Cheers all! 

I had mine through via an email at about 22:45 tonight, just clicked the link in that email and payed following that (using PayPal, which was a nice option to have).

£50.69 (nice) on a £170, £155 in goods, £15 shipping, order for anyone curious. £39.19 in ‘Government Charges’ and £11.50 in Brokerage Charges. An equivalent order from a UK retailer, which don’t tend to stock some of the things in my order, would have been north of £300.

must have been that time, yesterday was the 'its not a real gun' declaration and woke up to an email asking for import fee payment.

Total spent £378.69 

Import fees total £99.36

additional: the parcel does seem to be pinging between Uk and Poland...

22 hours ago, Laserhawk said:

I have the same thing - where did you send it?  Original documents required (Immigration documents, Visa etc) - not sent me an email yet saying what to do

So an actual update today. After my call with them yesterday I also left a review on Trust Pilot. The call was just for my first shipment but the review I mentioned my two delayed deliveries. I got the request to email them at '[email protected]' yesterday and sent them my tracking details.

Now this could all be coincidence but for my 2nd shipment I had the call and email to complete the arms declaration (already done for the first shipment) after it had been sat there for days. This is already in the UK at Stanford Le Hope.

For the first shipment that is still in Poland it has just had it's status change to export scan rather than the daily 'delayed due to BREXIT' update.

So things are moving slowly and expect further steps to still take some time, but it is something.

21 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I have the same thing - where did you send it?  Original documents required (Immigration documents, Visa etc) - not sent me an email yet saying what to do

Perhaps give them a call. They usually chase after the original sender first so may be quicker to take the lead. When calling them I find it is quickest to choose the customs and import option (6 I think) and then say no. I then get put in the queue to talk to an agent rather than going round in circles getting automated updates that are a repeat of the online tracking.

4 minutes ago, Piman said:

So an actual update today. After my call with them yesterday I also left a review on Trust Pilot. The call was just for my first shipment but the review I mentioned my two delayed deliveries. I got the request to email them at '[email protected]' yesterday and sent them my tracking details.

Now this could all be coincidence but for my 2nd shipment I had the call and email to complete the arms declaration (already done for the first shipment) after it had been sat there for days. This is already in the UK at Stanford Le Hope.

For the first shipment that is still in Poland it has just had it's status change to export scan rather than the daily 'delayed due to BREXIT' update.

So things are moving slowly and expect further steps to still take some time, but it is something.

Perhaps give them a call. They usually chase after the original sender first so may be quicker to take the lead. When calling them I find it is quickest to choose the customs and import option (6 I think) and then say no. I then get put in the queue to talk to an agent rather than going round in circles getting automated updates that are a repeat of the online tracking.

Its has cleared Customs.  I suspect they want the invoice so they can bill me, but they should have it on the fucking parcel already.  More galling is that I need to chase them for this info rather than them telling me what is required

Man that suck, some of the EU orders I've been sending out have arrived in perfect time.  Ireland, NL etc.  No delays at all.  This is with Royal Mail as well.  No RIF's of course.  Some Polish guy on FB got his TG order in 3 days using a private courier - might be worth looking at in future

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

I just replied to the email they sent it from, as an attachment.  Had another email back a few minutes later thanking me for my efforts!  I guess you'll have to wait until they send an official request.

Mine hasn't updated since 3rd March, (shipped 12th Feb). Last update was just a Warehouse Scan.

Status is "Held in Warehouse", no fees paid. Have tried Customer Service a few times, clueless to what's going on and to contact sender.

Expected some delay's, but just coming up to a month and no sign of anything happening soon.

51 minutes ago, Laserhawk said:

I just replied to the email they sent it from, as an attachment.  Had another email back a few minutes later thanking me for my efforts!  I guess you'll have to wait until they send an official request.

It would be helpful if you told me the email.  They havent emailed me.  Thanks

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

It would be helpful if you told me the email.  They havent emailed me.  Thanks

They phoned me to get my email address and then sent the form directly to me. First time it was after I had chased them directly on the status so you may need to do the same. The email was directly from the individual handling that item rather than a common department. However you could try 

[email protected]

This is where they asked me to send my invoice when they needed it. I would check with them first before sending any documents there though as it may confuse things.

Attached is the form to fill in (hopefully this is OK on the forum). They sent me a completely blank one this time as they usually complete the tracking number at the top. I print this off, complete and sign then scan back in although I expect a couple of pictures may be OK if you do not have a scanner. I would make sure your tracking number is in the file name(s).

Fire Arm.doc

1 hour ago, Piman said:

They phoned me to get my email address and then sent the form directly to me. First time it was after I had chased them directly on the status so you may need to do the same. The email was directly from the individual handling that item rather than a common department. However you could try 

[email protected]

This is where they asked me to send my invoice when they needed it. I would check with them first before sending any documents there though as it may confuse things.

Attached is the form to fill in (hopefully this is OK on the forum). They sent me a completely blank one this time as they usually complete the tracking number at the top. I print this off, complete and sign then scan back in although I expect a couple of pictures may be OK if you do not have a scanner. I would make sure your tracking number is in the file name(s).

Fire Arm.doc 41.5 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks

A quick question.  If this situation continues on beyond 8-weeks or so (stuck in the UK), or UPS suddenly loses track of these parcels, is there a time limit to dispute the payment of this issue with the retailer, assuming of course you've used credit to pay?  I appreciate that this is a worst case scenario, and this is not about punishing TG for the sins of it's courier.  Without games on at the moment I'm absolutely fine with waiting (albeit disappointed we are all in this mess), I just want to make sure that if it ever comes to this, what's the latest point you as the customer raise this as an issue with the credit company, without the whole liability falling back to you?  I did also wonder if you could dispute the payment of Customs charges with UPS, even though it's not for physical goods per se.

Any Watchdog consumer advice gratefully received. 😄

I'd also be interested if TG has got back with any information.  I have wondered what they think of this, as it can't be good for business.

I've been wondering the same thing, if it wasn't a hobby purchase I probably would of already raised it.  But like you, treating this as a last resort, as I don't want to cause TWG issues as it's not their fault.

UPS seem to be doing just enough to not "lose" the item, I had another Warehouse scan last night, mine's been at Stanford Le Hope since 19th 😞

I have been following this topic closely as I have two parcels stuck but just had the forms though and got a call for someone who was actually very useful which is a first for UPS and hopefully should be on their way to my door soon.

both have been suck for three plus weeks now so will be great to see them

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.