Taiwangun Shipping Disruption (Brexit Related Content)

Speedbird_666
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 hours ago, L3wisD said:

I'm more interested by the (presumably erroneous) scan at Reading, and then back to Stanford Le-Hope.

I did wonder if Reading was either my local depot, but it's more likely that's where they "investigate" lost parcels when the system wonders why something hasn't been scanned for two weeks.  I'm betting that the actual parcel hasn't moved from Stanford Le Hope since it arrived.  I had to chuckle that I only found out that the parcel had been lost for a day by clicking on the link out of boredom.  Clearly me signing up for email updates was a total waste of time.

So is my obstinate hope that my parcel might get put on a van a complete waste of time, or should I just start the process of disputing the purchase and see how that plays out?  I'm not sure I can face ringing UPS Customer Sevices to ask them what this latest update means and TG aren't really covering themselves in glory by ignoring my emails, even if I recognise that they are probably getting nowhere with UPS themselves.

All in all it's pretty poor.

Update:

So TG emailed me this morning, although I'm utterly mystified as to what documents UPS might have actually need, or whether this is simply TG trying to be helpful.  I would say emailing TG seems to be the way forward, but we'll have to see whether what they have done is sufficient to release the parcel from the clutches of the UPS black hole.  

Screenshot 2021-03-23 082906.png

Edited by RebelScum
Additional info

9 hours ago, RebelScum said:

I did wonder if Reading was either my local depot, but it's more likely that's where they "investigate" lost parcels when the system wonders why something hasn't been scanned for two weeks.  I'm betting that the actual parcel hasn't moved from Stanford Le Hope since it arrived.  I had to chuckle that I only found out that the parcel had been lost for a day by clicking on the link out of boredom.  Clearly me signing up for email updates was a total waste of time.

So is my obstinate hope that my parcel might get put on a van a complete waste of time, or should I just start the process of disputing the purchase and see how that plays out?  I'm not sure I can face ringing UPS Customer Sevices to ask them what this latest update means and TG aren't really covering themselves in glory by ignoring my emails, even if I recognise that they are probably getting nowhere with UPS themselves.

All in all it's pretty poor.

Update:

So TG emailed me this morning, although I'm utterly mystified as to what documents UPS might have actually need, or whether this is simply TG trying to be helpful.  I would say emailing TG seems to be the way forward, but we'll have to see whether what they have done is sufficient to release the parcel from the clutches of the UPS black hole.  

Screenshot 2021-03-23 082906.png

I got a reply similar. Took a long time to get a reply, I'd given up on getting anything. Nothing has changed yet though, parcel still just having someone confirm its sat there, not moving with warehouse scans.

Screenshot_20210323-092200~2.png

30 minutes ago, LlamaTheMighty said:

I got a reply similar. Took a long time to get a reply, I'd given up on getting anything. Nothing has changed yet though, parcel still just having someone confirm its sat there, not moving with warehouse scans.

The use of the word "should" doesn't fill me with confidence. I'll see what happens this week. By Friday it'll be 6 weeks in transit, 5 weeks of which have been in Essex!

Edited by RebelScum

So I just randomly had my parcel turn up, I had checked tracking this morning and saw the usual "Warehouse" scan 😞. Tracking now shows delivered, but was never out for delivery.

Info:
Ordered 12th Feb, arrived in UK on 19th Feb.

Parcel contained RIFs, it's been opened up at some point and has Home Office Border Force tape on parcel.

No duty paid

Edit: Firearms form completed on 25th Feb

There's hope people 🙂

box1.jpg

tracking1.JPG

Edited by SilentSparky

No update on delivery on mine :)

Was hit with a "
Your package is awaiting release from the clearing agency. / The package will be forwarded to a UPS facility in the destination city."

Then 2 days later ( Return to sender requested ) I was on hold for 1 hour to UPS Brokerage and she said that they put this request in for Customs to Accept or Deny based on whether it is allowed to be shipped to you ?, she then proceeded and said that the parcel can only be return to sender if they pay fees to send it back or it is failed delivery twice ? I have no contact from them for 2 weeks ? I'm starting to think its just not gunna turn up ?

However, there is still hope as yours has turned up without the UPS updates ? It is still strange that the return to sender was requested 2 days after the clearing agency had it ? I only ordered a MP5 Blue edition and MK23 :( Mid caps mags which are in stock anywhere in the UK and are expensive as fuck !! Fingers crossed thats all i have to say ! Ive opened a case with Paypal now to ensure myself of a refund if it doesn't turn up !! 

I'm then hit with a typical Warehouse Scan ? Anyone have any ideas?

image_2021-03-23_131922.png

Took 4 weeks for mine to appear since ordering late Feb 21. What I have found out (apologies if this is already known) after a lot of phonecalls is :

• Their tracking system is not updated regularly and is not linked to the system the staff see when you call as multiple times I was told different to want was on tracking page. It can then have 6 updates in an hour. Mine went from Poland to London, back to Poland , then London, then Germany, then London, then into customs, then cleared, all at 13.33pm on same day. That's a fast plane.

• UPS brokerage is a separate part of UPS and they deal with just clearance, they outsource to phillipines who do the emails and random calls about clearance and also then state they will charge you storage of £13 a day after 3 working days after your parcel lands in England. I got a random voicemail on 4 March that sounded shonky and whocalledme website had hundreds of comments saying ups storage scam. Call to ups confirmed call I got as legit from phillipines. They tried to charge me storage as they confirmed call on 28th and voicemail that had no reply. No calls were received that day, so they agreed to waive.

• Firearms doc is for parts and gear as well as rifs.

• Scheduled deliveries mean nothing currently. Had 4 scheduled deliveries, all never made, no one knew where it was. It was out for delivery in my city for 2 days according to tracking.

• My parcel turned up in a crappy red van, no markings. UPS had outsourced as they obviously can't cope.

In all cases I would say ring UPS for updates if you want one, but waiting time can be long.

UPS are the worst couriers I have ever had deliveries from.

i guess its coming back to me now ? 

after having a return to sender alert and then warehouse scan and now its been modified, they have rescheduled delivery ! i guess its coming back to me ?

UPS are by far the most complicated company I've heard of !!! The delivery notes arent updated and when they are ! they arent clear

image_2021-03-23_194313.png

Aye, fortunately outside of nipping out to post things I've sold on Wednesdays and taking the dog out (which tends to be outside of delivery times) the current situation means I'm at home all day everyday so that shouldn't be too problematic. Though I certainly feel for those that are in a position where scheduled deliveries are something they can ideally plan around, nothing worse than waiting in all day for a parcel to show up that never does.

13 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

Aye, fortunately outside of nipping out to post things I've sold on Wednesdays and taking the dog out (which tends to be outside of delivery times) the current situation means I'm at home all day everyday so that shouldn't be too problematic. Though I certainly feel for those that are in a position where scheduled deliveries are something they can ideally plan around, nothing worse than waiting in all day for a parcel to show up that never does.

Fortunately my ring doorbell has been working rather well recently. So if the wife and kids aren't in I can atleast ask for my deliveries to be taken to the old boy over the road or wedged behind a bin!

Quick straw poll as something occurred to me....

Of those who have had their parcels delivered - how many were Taiwangun deliveries and how many were Gunfire or other retailer?  Mine was from Gunfire.  Just thinking there may be a correlation thats all probably not but worth looking at

So I got this update this morning ? My guesses are it’s in cardiff but it hasn’t be released by customs ? 

im confused lol 😂 I work 5 days a week, the scheduled delivery time is what I would work off and if it turns up whilst I’m not there then it’s a problem ? 

A775B5FC-AE5A-4807-9A73-6B305DC4074A.png

A development this afternoon, but please note that UPS Customer Services said that they were still investigating the whereabouts of this parcel, so who knows what the truth is.  TG also emailed me after I queried what they were doing to get this parcel delivered. 

If you follow Negative Airsoft on Facebook, Luke has a link to a page that's documenting these tales of woe.  It's worth visiting just to see his correspondence with UPS.  I feel his pain.

Screenshot 2021-03-24 152916.png

Screenshot 2021-03-24 152742.png

Edited by RebelScum
Formatting

hmmm, definately seems like there is movement going on at ups with everyones tracking changing somewhat,  mine has returned to

image.png.f7b3baaa88f32cb6e09c56fd33934c90.png

48 minutes ago, kasaran said:

hmmm, definately seems like there is movement going on at ups with everyones tracking changing somewhat,  mine has returned to

image.png.f7b3baaa88f32cb6e09c56fd33934c90.png

Same here. Same time as well.

I got BCC'd into an email yesterday from TG to UPS chasing delivery so I guess someone's asking questions at least.

Screenshot_20210325-081821.png

aaand now its....

Held in Warehouse

UPS is holding the cargo at a secure facility, pending instructions and agreement.

Email from UPS Customer Services this morning telling me parcel is still held. Tracking shows no movement from Stanford Le Hope. The wife then sends me a photo of a package that's just turned up. My jaw literally hit the floor.

IMG-20210325-WA0011.jpg

Like @lukeB Border Force have had a good examination of the parcel!

Edited by RebelScum

16 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Email from UPS Customer Services this morning telling me parcel is still held. Tracking shows no movement from Stanford Le Hope. The wife then sends me a photo of a package that's just turned up. My jaw literally hit the floor.

IMG-20210325-WA0011.jpg

FYI, your postman hates you due to the placement of your letterbox 😄

48 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

IMG-20210325-WA0011.jpg

It might be for once that UPS are not telling lies when they say it is held up by customs. When you do open it let us know what state it is and how invasive the boarder force inspection has been. Did they just want to look at the box or have they been in there?

Edited by Piman

From my parcel, one RIF was opened up and not packaged back very well, so obvious they had a look at what it was, one was seemingly unopened.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.