The 'How Did Your Airsoft Day Go? Thread

Skara

33 minutes ago, TacticalWaifu said:

I've never met a tooth model before 😮

How do you think they keep flogging invisalign to people?

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

To be fair, once I found one this morning, the dentist only charged £25 to stick it back on and take an x-ray.  Have to go back in a month to see if its still "alive" otherwise it will be a crown or an implant.  Gave me a prescription for some super strong pain killers too.  So happy days (ahem).

That's bugger all! Where the hell is your dentist?

It was an emergency appointment in Cambridge - took me an hour to get there - but I was just happy to get an appointment.

I was also only expecting him to pull out either the whole tooth, or the flappy half.

Not sure if this is a national number, but I called 0300 5556667 and they organised it as an emergency based on my postcode.

Edited by Dan Robinson

10 hours ago, AirSniper said:

The difference being that HPA carries power better

How?  Explain the physics that supports that statement.  I also think you mean energy rather than power.

That means on a 0.25g bb the fps limit is 335fps on 1.3 Joules but given that the weight is higher, that most sites operate a 1.1 Joule~ish limit, brings that down to around 303fps.

Around 313FPS

Lowering your Joule power or have some pencil neck in whitehall ban your equipment and you have to start all over again?

What is "Joule power"?  Joules are a unit of measurement of energy, not power.

Edited by Colin Allen

Just to add to the mix

AEG airsoft guns use HPA to propel the ball

The electric motor etc compresses some air in a piston - at the operating pressure of the piston, and the piston then propels the BB

An HPA airsoft gun takes a high pressure cylinder which can hold up to 3000psi/4500psi and outputs via its own regulator of something hundred PSI, then via an inline regulator drops to a lower operating pressure which then feeds the piston

All of these points with pressurised air are a level of high pressure air

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

However, I do get an immense amount of joy from seeing the brethren round on the ill-informed ramblings of an HPA-obsessed bed wetter, countering with logic and hard facts. 

You'd think someone who's profile lists science in their interests would at least be able to do some research and fact check the drivel they're coming out with. I guess what we've got is a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Edited by Cannonfodder

Had a good day at Skirmish Wycombe on Sunday, played together with a few forum members.

Won the first two games (point capture) quite easy as we had some fast runners (myself included) run forward, get the point and from there on it was just defend as good as possible, both games (switching sides for the 2nd) went similarly so it wasn't because one side had better ground or something.
Personal highlight: shooting people's feet when they thought they were safe behind a barrier. another highlight, sneaking into a building the other team was convinced was controlled by theirs, Shot a gun that was peaking through the doorway (guy wasn't wearing gloves, sorry not sorry😅) and got a "I'm team Red!!" shouted at me, which was answered with an "I'm not!"

After that a couple of attack and defend missions. I had some trouble getting most of my team to advance so ended up running forward myself hoping the rest would follow (some of them did...)
Got a nice blood blister on my left hand ringfinger thanks to a point blank shot when I went around a barrier (told him afterwards he's a [moderated] but good shot)

Last 2 missions were attack and defend again, but this time a different one, attacking a hill, always my favourite at this site).
Managed to sneak up one side with a few other players and slowly managed our way to the other side (but again had difficulty getting the rest of the team to advance).
Other team ended taking the hill in 4 seconds(!!) less than us, so that was annoying... 😅

Overall, good day, 10/10, would do again.

Now looking forward to Red Alerts Battlesim light on Sunday, need to find my radio pouch again...

We're 

2 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Had a good day at Skirmish Wycombe on Sunday, played together with a few forum members.

Won the first two games (point capture) quite easy as we had some fast runners (myself included) run forward, get the point and from there on it was just defend as good as possible, both games (switching sides for the 2nd) went similarly so it wasn't because one side had better ground or something.
Personal highlight: shooting people's feet when they thought they were safe behind a barrier. another highlight, sneaking into a building the other team was convinced was controlled by theirs, Shot a gun that was peaking through the doorway (guy wasn't wearing gloves, sorry not sorry😅) and got a "I'm team Red!!" shouted at me, which was answered with an "I'm not!"

After that a couple of attack and defend missions. I had some trouble getting most of my team to advance so ended up running forward myself hoping the rest would follow (some of them did...)
Got a nice blood blister on my left hand ringfinger thanks to a point blank shot when I went around a barrier (told him afterwards he's a [moderated] but good shot)

Last 2 missions were attack and defend again, but this time a different one, attacking a hill, always my favourite at this site).
Managed to sneak up one side with a few other players and slowly managed our way to the other side (but again had difficulty getting the rest of the team to advance).
Other team ended taking the hill in 4 seconds(!!) less than us, so that was annoying... 😅

Now looking forward to Red Alerts Battlesim light on Sunday, need to find my radio pouch again...

We're going there on Saturday now... Then  REDCON 2 again on Sunday..... I'm going to be fucked by Monday. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

5 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

I need to give that place another go.  Used to play there but the marshalls were aaaaawful

15 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I need to give that place another go.  Used to play there but the marshalls were aaaaawful

The marshalls have definitely improved, mostly because they now have some older ones walking around, not just a bunch of kids.
Wait time between rounds is still a bit much tho, not like Red Alert we they say 5 minutes, and then actually mean 5 minutes. (double what they say and you'll be in the ballpark.)

Cracking couple of days airsofting.  Took my mate and his two boy's out for their second all day session at High Wycombe Skirmish.  Pissed down nearly the whole day, but it didn't dampen (arf) the fun.  Really good BBQ lunch too.

Nothing particulary outstanding about the games, but our favourite was the last one where the winning team was the one with their coloured hoop on the pole in the little village set up at the end.

Today, despite being knackered from yesterday, the boy and I got up at 5:30 to get to REDCON 2 for their Battlesim Lite - and for me to defeat my tooth loosing demons. 😔 (More dental work needed as the repair failed after three days).

Anyway, three teams of 30ish with a list of objectives, a few mortars, a Snatch landrover, and a people carrier at their disposal for an all day mission, including eating out in the field.

Muggins here volunteered to be one of the two medics, meaning I had a box to hump around with medical bracelets to hand out.  Thankfully, I was in my plate carrier with the collars fitted otherwise my neck would be in shreds - although by lunch I had decided to have a load of the bracelets on one wrist for rapid deployment.

Each team also had a player Marshall as team leader who was actively competting for their team - we had Costus (spelling?) who was running around like a mad thing coordinating squads and making sure we did our best to acheive the list of objectives.

Objectives varied from holding a position for 20 minutes, disabling a vehicle by inserting an EMP device, stealing a USB drive, stealing an ID card from the opposition leader and mortaring an opponent's FOB - amongst others.

A 900 round limit/3 high caps for Riflemen also kept things nicely balanced between being able to keep engagements going, but keeping your mind on limited ammo.  It was a great laugh buzzing around in a Snatch landrover, with a turret gunner (we had two LMGs on our side) heading to a combat zone and jumping out the back under fire.

Certainly makes you admire more, the guys in the armed forces having to go into hot zones in those things!!!

Our team struggled a bit in the morning, down to communication and not fully working as a team - however, the afternoon session saw us much more cohesive and we nailed objectives pretty consistently - they haven't announced the overall winners yet - but I think we migh have done it. 

The boy and I were also getting the hang of being able to communicate over longer distances with our new headsets - and being able to speak (partially for me) in Japanese meant that the couple of dude's on the Red team who happened to be on the same channel couldn't be Sneaky Bois by listening in.

It was also a buzz to have team members coming up and thanking us medics for keeping them in the game all day.

The old smart watch is saying I've run nearly 14 miles over the two days.

All in all, it is a great field, and the marshalls know the crack.  It's a shame it's a 3 hour round trip for us.  The Battlesim format looks to be a regular thing going forward, and they said they were going to listen to the ideas the players were suggesting at the end of the day, not that anything needed fixing.

There's a two day event in October that I am definelty planning on attending.

Pics when they post them.

Edited by Dan Robinson

11 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Cracking couple of days airsofting.  Took my mate and his two boy's out for their second all day session at High Wycombe Skirmish.  Pissed down nearly the whole day, but it didn't dampen (arf) the fun.  Really good BBQ lunch too.

Nothing particulary outstanding about the games, but our favourite was the last one where the winning team was the one with their coloured hoop on the pole in the little village set up at the end.

Today, despite being knackered from yesterday, the boy and I got up at 5:30 to get to REDCON 2 for their Battlesim Lite - and for me to defeat my tooth loosing demons. 😔 (More dental work needed as the repair failed after three days).

Anyway, three teams of 30ish with a list of objectives, a few mortars, a Snatch landrover, and a people carrier at their disposal for an all day mission, including eating out in the field.

Muggins here volunteered to be one of the two medics, meaning I had a box to hump around with medical bracelets to hand out.  Thankfully, I was in my plate carrier with the collars fitted otherwise my neck would be in shreds - although by lunch I had decided to have a load of the bracelets on one wrist for rapid deployment.

Each team also had a player Marshall as team leader who was actively competting for their team - we had Costus (spelling?) who was running around like a mad thing coordinating squads and making sure we did our best to acheive the list of objectives.

Objectives varied from holding a position for 20 minutes, disabling a vehicle by inserting an EMP device, stealing a USB drive, stealing an ID card from the opposition leader and mortaring an opponent's FOB - amongst others.

A 900 round limit for Riflemen also kept things nicely balanced between being able to keep engagements going, but keeping your mind on limited ammo.  It was a great laugh buzzing around in a Snatch landrover, with a turret gunner (we had two LMGs on our side) heading to a combat zone and jumping out the back under fire.

Certainly makes you admire more, the guys in the armed forces having to go into hot zones in those things!!!

Our team struggled a bit in the morning, down to communication and not fully working as a team - however, the afternoon session saw us much more cohesive and we nailed objectives pretty consistently - they haven't announced the overall winners yet - but I think we migh have done it. 

The boy and I were also getting the hang of being able to communicate over longer distances - and being able to speak (partially for me) in Japanese meant that the douple of dude's on the Red team who happened to be on the same channel couldn't be Sneaky Bois by listening in.

It was also a buzz to have team members coming up and thanking us medics for keeping them in the game all day.

The old smart watch is saying I've run nearly 14 miles over the two days.

All in all, it is a great field, and the marshalls know the crack.  It's a shame it's a 3 hour round trip for us.  The Battlesim format looks to be a regular thing going forward, and they said they were going to listen to the ideas the players were suggesting at the end of the day, not that anything needed fixing.

There's a two day event in October that I am definelty planning on attending.

Pics when they post them.

That sounds like a cracking day's airsoft; I do like that type of Battlesim-ish day and fondly remember the "spec ops" days we used to run at Pembury.

No airsoft for me today; I spent the afternoon in a rehearsal studio finalising my projections for our second festival gig of the year on Friday night.

IMG_6880.jpeg

IMG_6877.jpeg