THE TM MWS thread

Wo1f

Guest Mr. No_Face
12 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Don't get too disheartened. Airsoft is one of those hobbies where, sadly, the odds of our new toys lasting long before something goes pop is never more than 50/50, even with AEGs.

The biggest pain in the arse right now is the lack of available parts, for whatever reason. I liken us having GBBRs to people who tinker with  classic/vintage cars or motorbikes; you know they require more maintenance, parts and overall TLC, but fuck me when they perform they are so satisfying. 

There's lasting long and there's failure to perform from the get go. Which this rif has done. I've had this for around 3 weeks now. It performed one time very well during testing at my local field and since then it hasn't performed well. In fact my VFC Glock17 out performed it by miles last Saturday, I was getting consistent bolt locks and sluggish cycles before a double feed ended up destroying the nozzle, rendering it useless. Yesterday new one arrives, mag explodes and destroys nozzle again. I've had 2 mags erupt in my VFC Glock gen 17 and the internals are not remotely damaged. 

Also none of the AEG's I've owned have failed on me. They've jammed but were never rendered out of commission and I airsoft sometimes twice a week, every week. 

The only  reason I sold my TK45c  was because it became uncomfortable to carry due to the uneven weight disparity and I needed money for a GBBR

I really hope it's uphill from here because I really want this RIF to perform. I would absolutely love to run a GBBR all year round as I said before but Jesus Christ man.....

Just just bought an RA TECH NPAS from firesupport so I'm not gonna give up on this GBBR just yet. 

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Guest Mr. No_Face
Just now, AlphaBear said:

How did the mag explode? What happened there? 

I have no idea, maybe the Gas used had too much pressure?? Vorsk V8 were the only ones the venue was selling at the time so everyone was using that. 

Tested one of the mags at home (still previously filled with Vorsk V8) after I'd installed the new nozzle and after 3 shots....BOOM... mag erupts spraying gas all over the place whilst sending shards of plastic out of the barrel.

8 hours ago, shrwd said:

Has anyone made a guide of the general maintenance and cleaning required for the MWS?

Seriously go back like 3 pages, Page 238 to be specific.

Edited by Davegolf

@Mr. No_Face I think you need to be a bit more matter of fact.

With that in mind, when you say ‘mag erupts’ do you mean it vented all the gas out the exit valve?

Or it sprayed all the BB’s into the receiver?

The MWS is a fine RIF, and as is the case with all GBB’s their function is a complete balancing act.

If you change one thing it will have knock on effects.

As you are new to the MWS I’m pretty sure it’s more you learning about it than it bing a crap product ;)

The most likely cause of a jam/double feed in the MWS is crap ammo or bio BB’s that are old / swollen.

(other less likely cause is swollen bucking, too much hop)

The most like cause of gas dump is overfilling of the mag, basically the exit valve ices up and it won’t shut off.

(other cause is dry piston seal stopping full cycle which in turn doesn’t knock off/reset the gas knocker)

You should weigh the gas into your mags, this will give the ultimate reliability and shot fps consistency.

Guest Mr. No_Face
41 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@Mr. No_Face I think you need to be a bit more matter of fact.

With that in mind, when you say ‘mag erupts’ do you mean it vented all the gas out the exit valve?

Or it sprayed all the BB’s into the receiver?

The MWS is a fine RIF, and as is the case with all GBB’s their function is a complete balancing act.

If you change one thing it will have knock on effects.

As you are new to the MWS I’m pretty sure it’s more you learning about it than it bing a crap product ;)

The most likely cause of a jam/double feed in the MWS is crap ammo or bio BB’s that are old / swollen.

(other less likely cause is swollen bucking, too much hop)

The most like cause of gas dump is overfilling of the mag, basically the exit valve ices up and it won’t shut off.

(other cause is dry piston seal stopping full cycle which in turn doesn’t knock off/reset the gas knocker)

You should weigh the gas into your mags, this will give the ultimate reliability and shot fps consistency.

• I mean, Vented gas out at such a trajectory that sends shards out the barrel and leaves the nozzle mangled or damaged.
  • I've been using devil blaster BBs and Ares amoeba Diamond Precision BBs for the most.
  • I've also binged watched Ollie talks Airsoft  and have filled my mags according to how he recommends. (Fill until gas starts spurting) then weigh on my portable scale. 

That's the scary part of this. 

Edited by Mr. No_Face

7 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

I have no idea, maybe the Gas used had too much pressure?? Vorsk V8 were the only ones the venue was selling at the time so everyone was using that. 

Tested one of the mags at home (still previously filled with Vorsk V8) after I'd installed the new nozzle and after 3 shots....BOOM... mag erupts spraying gas all over the place whilst sending shards of plastic out of the barrel.

Crikey! that's bonkers... I've never known anything like that.... My case was that I had a Nuprol BB jam as one shattered with the force of the bolt and then I ended up with a BB train which culminated in a puff of gas (quite dramatic as a matter of fact). I had bb's stuck in the hop unit in fact all over the place.. But that failure was solely due to the Nuprol BB's and me constantly trying to recycle the bolt not knowing what the heck I was doing at the time... 

For all intents and purposes as Dave has mentioned the MWS is really a refined lady when it comes to GBBR's. Like all things it has it's niggles but generally it's bullet proof in that respect. It's also a learning curve like many people on this forum have found me included. Lube all the parts that need lubing.... look at the maintenance guide which Dave posted a few pages back.... and try Abbey Predator gas the one in the green can for when the temp is over 22c and red can when under 22c... It works very well. 

Edited by AlphaBear

Hey guys. Received my TM MWS (mk18) yesterday and happy to be joining the MWS gang. I swapped out the stock grip today for a magpul K2 and noticed alot of wobble after some use. Attached is what I see after removing the grip.

I'm super disappointed (mostly at myself, I assume I may have over-torqued the bolt?) but am I totally screwed here? Do I have any options other than replacing the entire lower frame? I also assume this is not something TM's warranty would cover since it happened during a modification. 

Any help/insight would be much appreciated.

1425808146_TMMK18gripbolt.thumb.jpg.0c08fb4f4eb090b7c189c2337ea615c2.jpg

6 minutes ago, costpershot said:

Hey guys. Received my TM MWS (mk18) yesterday and happy to be joining the MWS gang. I swapped out the stock grip today for a magpul K2 and noticed alot of wobble after some use. Attached is what I see after removing the grip.

I'm super disappointed (mostly at myself, I assume I may have over-torqued the bolt?) but am I totally screwed here? Do I have any options other than replacing the entire lower frame? I also assume this is not something TM's warranty would cover since it happened during a modification. 

Crikey fella! Did you eat too much spinach or something? Sadly TM will not cover that. In fact you can seldom make a warranty claim as the RIF would only be covered by the retailer if it was indeed a manufacturing error. Luckily I believe someone is selling a lower receiver in the classifieds on here. I suggest grabbing it if it’s available. 

13 minutes ago, costpershot said:

Wow! I think you may have used just a smidge more torque than necessary.

Out of interest, did you use the bolt that came with the grip or the original TM one? Everything I read said to use the OG bolt. That worked like a charm when I fitted my MOE+ grip, and I'm generally heavy-handed. 

As Alpha said, look for that lower in the classifieds and best of luck 👍 

15 minutes ago, costpershot said:

I’d probably give gluing the nut in a place a shot before spending out for a new lower. Slap some JB Weld (or whatever your super strong choice of swaz may be) on the edges of the nut which contact the notch, then feed the grip on slightly and start threading the bolt on. This should ensure you’re lined up, once the adhesive has cured pop the grip all the way on and see how happy you are. Obviously you could just slap a heap of glue on the lot and slam the grip all the way on, but I suspect that grip is essentially a permanent addition at that point.

@costpershot looks like your cost per shot is damn expensive 😂

Seriously if you send me the lower I can drill and tap a repair plate on to make the nut captive again.

Ultimately though if you can get another lower cheap that is best.

Was the grip a clone?

They normal fit up pretty snug with zero movement - eg the bolt only literally holds it on, otherwise the large mating face takes all of the loading and stress.

Edited by Davegolf

Man - you guys are the best. Thanks for all the responses.

@Davegolf - Thanks so much. I will PM you for details. The grip is not a clone as far as I can tell - it did mate well to the receiver and only "wobbled" after this happened and the bolt came loose. And LOL yes this is what inspired my username. 

@Jacket - Thanks Jacket. Will PM you and see if we can work something out. 

@alxndrhll - Thanks for the suggestion - I was thinking along similar lines and am trying it as we speak (waiting for the glue to cure lol)

@C-Diddy - I used the OG bolt - i used a socket rachet which may have been the wrong call in hindsight lol. 

@AlphaBear - thanks AlphaB. Figured it wouldn't be covered, but thought I'd ask.

Appreciate you guys!

Edited by costpershot

Guest Mr. No_Face

Did some trouble shooting to try and diagnose the problems and It seems two out of my 3 mags keep erupting, (Expelling gas) after 3 shots without fail.

With each eruption Destroying more and more of the nozzle....Doesn't matter which gas I use It keeps happening. Now why in the blue hell is this happening and why are the TM MWS internals so goddamn pathetic? £500 pounds really?

DId you check the piston seal is not dry?

Have you checked the valve knocker is functioning and resetting correctly?

With a 'good mag' does it happily fire off all shots?

The guns not pathetic - you have a problem somewhere.

Most machines eat themselves when theres a fault :) Stay frosty ;)

Guest Mr. No_Face
31 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

DId you check the piston seal is not dry?

Have you checked the valve knocker is functioning and resetting correctly?

With a 'good mag' does it happily fire off all shots?

The guns not pathetic - you have a problem somewhere.

Most machines eat themselves when theres a fault :) Stay frosty ;)

everything is well lubed, the valve knocker is working accordingly. 

The gun externally is flawless but the internal, plastic components mays as well be fucking glass.

Mags push up against the BCG, the BCG in turn pushes the charging handle up into the recevier.

Ive said it time and time again, if you have any problem revert to stock and start again.

You cant upgrade something if it doesnt work in standard form.

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Did some trouble shooting to try and diagnose the problems and It seems two out of my 3 mags keep erupting, (Expelling gas) after 3 shots without fail.

With each eruption Destroying more and more of the nozzle....Doesn't matter which gas I use It keeps happening. Now why in the blue hell is this happening and why are the TM MWS internals so goddamn pathetic? £500 pounds really?

Before you keep saying the TM MWS is pathetic, perhaps you ought to revert your gun to stock if you made any modifications, check components to see if theres something out of place. Considering how many people are in this thread, no one has called this platform garbage. Most, if not all GBB have plastic internals so I dont get your complaint here. 

If your mags are spewing out the gas, sure sounds like something is not returning properly. Hop-up chamber is clean etc? Things are moving freely as intended? Maybe post some photos of the inside of your upper/lower? 

Guest Mr. No_Face
43 minutes ago, Snippy said:

Before you keep saying the TM MWS is pathetic, perhaps you ought to revert your gun to stock if you made any modifications, check components to see if theres something out of place. Considering how many people are in this thread, no one has called this platform garbage. Most, if not all GBB have plastic internals so I dont get your complaint here. 

If your mags are spewing out the gas, sure sounds like something is not returning properly. Hop-up chamber is clean etc? Things are moving freely as intended? Maybe post some photos of the inside of your upper/lower? 

I said the plastic internals were shit and I stand by that statement. I've had countless incidents in the past where gas expulsion has occurred with my Glock and additional GBB platforms and not once has it sheared off any piece of the nozzle or integrated components. The TM nozzle is being cut to shreds literally with each expulsion.

I've also stated numerous times that the gun is stock. I have done absolutely nothing to the internals except replace the charging handle and inspect the components after a series of malfunctions.

I don't care how many people say this is a great platform man, that's not my experience so far.(that could still change). I don't care if there's a "TM", "Krytac", "KWA", stamped on it, this is my 100% honest, unbiased opinion. 

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Something is not right, I (and im sure many others will attest) have had many mag vent situations with their MWS's over the years, and like any other GBB they do not result in the nozzle or any mechanical parts being damaged or broken - just fecking cold 😆

On 07/04/2022 at 11:50, Mr. No_Face said:

Patrol Base says that is 190psi? If that’s the case, that’s your problem, the gun is designed to run on Duster Gas or equivalent, which is what, half that?

Guest Mr. No_Face
25 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Something is not right, I (and im sure many others will attest) have had many mag vent situations with their MWS's over the years, and like any other GBB they do not result in the nozzle or any mechanical parts being damaged or broken - just fecking cold 😆

Just look at the break points. The 2nd break looks as if it was cut with the precision of a scalpel. So that's 3 gas vents and 3 breaks simultaneously.

thumbnail_IMG_5990.jpg.11f4717c0f50b62c1f802e464a0a449e.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5992.jpg.0c4e247f50555283e598a7943e25ad8b.jpg

Now unless firesupport have sold me a "Beijing Marui" made from the finest Chinesium on the market, I'd say that the plastic components are total bollocks.

10 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Patrol Base says that is 190psi? If that’s the case, that’s your problem, the gun is designed to run on Duster Gas or equivalent, which is what, half that?

GAS.thumb.png.20973519df72dd2a2abe9a831e297f48.png

I've tested with these 3 and got 3 vents leading to more damage. I'm going try the actual "Tokyo marui" recommended low pressure gas from here on out.

Edited by Mr. No_Face