Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

When I Google "Vorsk Hi-Capa" the first search result takes me to one which is £150. That website also sells the TM 5.1 for the same price. Most people purchasing them want something they can reliably skirmish, sometimes even as a primary. So I can only deduce that it must be the plain naïve and the "TM's are overrated, they're not even full-metal" crowd, choosing the Vorsk.

• Supporters
On 08/06/2024 at 10:43, Cr0-Magnon said:

So I can only deduce that it must be the plain naïve and the "TM's are overrated, they're not even full-metal" crowd, choosing the Vorsk.

Airsoft is patient zero for "You get what you pay for".  I mean, you can't buy one of those cheap Ravens if you want a good brand, you have to splash out on a Vorsk for the extra manufacturing quality.

If this rif goes for 200 brand new, where is 500 coming from?

Posted (edited)
On 04/06/2024 at 02:22, Galvatron said:

https://prefired.co.uk/ads/vorsk-hi-cappa-5-1-mag-and-holster-and-a-green-gas-container-only-used-twice/

"ONLY USED TWICE"

Apparently the holster and green gas bottle push up the value to just £10 shy of retail for the base Vorsk pistol.

With the leaking mag, it might be an easy fix but don't surprise yourself if it or the pistol Amber Heards itself by the winter.

All high grade aluminium, yeah right it's a Vorsk!

27 minutes ago, Beorn said:

Add up the cost of the accessories, if the Scout Light is real ( proof would be needed) then price is about right for new so fair used price would be £380 ish.

Edited by BigAl

On 08/06/2024 at 10:43, Cr0-Magnon said:

When I Google "Vorsk Hi-Capa" the first search result takes me to one which is £150. That website also sells the TM 5.1 for the same price. Most people purchasing them want something they can reliably skirmish, sometimes even as a primary. So I can only deduce that it must be the plain naïve and the "TM's are overrated, they're not even full-metal" crowd, choosing the Vorsk.

I believe the incentive may be that Nuprol/Vorsk has quite an influence on retailers and distributors at a premium, so you often see them sold at RRP half-price by many online stores - many are also exotic two-tone factory standard.

I'd say it's a combination of the metal = good plastic = bad fallacy and that many are released in that race gun style with all the bells and whistles already attached, giving the appearance of a well tuned high end gun 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Majestyk said:

"I went all in at the roulette table but found it wasn't for me and want to reduce my regret"

Edited by Galvatron

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Beorn said:

The part of his soul that he's poured into it, apparently.

11 hours ago, Galvatron said:

"I went all in at the roulette table but found it wasn't for me and want to reduce my regret"

Noob error, he bet on green.

EDIT: seller woke up from his dream as the price was dropped to something more realistic

Edited by Galvatron

• Supporters

Am I missing something ?, I get it that the real working bit of kit is pricey (& discontinued), but still available secondhand working for around £200+, but a non working "prop" with a ballpark figure of £150, even with a bit of bartering I can't see it coming down to what most people would consider more realistic for some dress up accessorising. 

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Am I missing something ?, I get it that the real working bit of kit is pricey (& discontinued), but still available secondhand working for around £200+, but a non working "prop" with a ballpark figure of £150, even with a bit of bartering I can't see it coming down to what most people would consider more realistic for some dress up accessorising. 

Bargain!

I'll have it at that price. It don't matter if it's fake cause I've got no one to talk to anyway. 😂

£700 for a pistol which by his own admission isn't running properly, comes with a load of unknown "upgrades" (probably the reason it needs a service) and has that paint job

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/51817-51-custom-hicapa/

26 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

£700 for a pistol which by his own admission isn't running properly, comes with a load of unknown "upgrades" (probably the reason it needs a service) and has that paint job

https://airsoft-forums.uk/classifieds/item/51817-51-custom-hicapa/

Externally needs a service to be reliable.

What does that even mean?

21 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Externally needs a service to be reliable.

What does that even mean?

It means that the knuckle dragging twat was unable to put a full stop after "externally".

1 minute ago, Colin Allen said:

It means that the knuckle dragging twat was unable to put a full stop after "externally".

Ah I see lol

On 14/06/2024 at 18:41, Tackle said:

Yep - If you're going to play dressup for £150, surely you would just buy a real one for 225.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256536224115?itmmeta=01J0JN06DWQBEMXFH8H7WYCAPY&hash=item3bbac02173:g:Qk4AAOSwDAhmYijn