Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

If you look at how it split in half you can see a gaping hole in the middle and a fair amount of pitting. No wonder my MWS went tits up when I used these last Oct time. What’s bizarre is I’ve seen a few chopped bbs out of this batch and this one is the first time I’m seen one shatter in half in a magazine. Oh I only loaded 40 and this was number 4 at the bottom. Very poor quality. 

You could probably tell I was a bit miffed from my post lol. It’s not like me at all to use such strong language on a forum ;) 

Air voids are fairly normal on lower-end (and some mid range) BB's.

To be frank, why are you using Nuprol (well known for their quality issues) in the first place? I mean no disrespect when I say this, but you have a very expensive selection of blasters from what I have seen, I would have assumed you would be using absolute top-drawer BBs from the very outset.

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
58 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

And this is why I ‘#uking’ detest Nuprol RZR bbs. This is a 0.28g Nuprol RZR bb fracturing in half in my EPM recoil mag! Their quality is utter pants. I’m getting onto their social Twitter and Facebook and having a go at them. It’s utter bollocks. 

Almost had a similar situation my self , mate and I bought a bottle of RZR .4’s between us luckily for me but not for my poor mate as he used them first . So 1st and 2nd BBs fired fine , 3rd and 4th shattered in the chamber , these bits got in to The spring tube which caused it to basically destroy its self on the 5th shot . The reply from the on-site retailer who we’d just bought them from ? “Well obviously your gun was hot so it put too much strain on the BBs and THATS why they shattered !” 😳

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I refer to my previous statement.....😜

yeah, i was agreeing with you but i opened in a way that sounded like i wasn't lol.

33 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

If you look at how it split in half you can see a gaping hole in the middle and a fair amount of pitting. No wonder my MWS went tits up when I used these last Oct time.

can i ask why you were putting nuprol bb's in an mws? surely you'd want a top end gat to be fed the finest food?

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Almost had a similar situation my self , mate and I bought a bottle of RZR .4’s between us luckily for me but not for my poor mate as he used them first . So 1st and 2nd BBs fired fine , 3rd and 4th shattered in the chamber , these bits got in to The spring tube which caused it to basically destroy its self on the 5th shot . The reply from the on-site retailer who we’d just bought them from ? “Well obviously your gun was hot so it put too much strain on the BBs and THATS why they shattered !” 😳

Oh Goodness me that’s so bollocks for the retailer to say that. A bb should easily withstand 350fps, hell it should stand up 500 FPS

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

can i ask why you were putting nuprol bb's in an mws? surely you'd want a top end gat to be fed the finest food?

Well normally I use Geoffs which I forgot to pack with me that day (or they could have been at the bottom of my kit bag and I was in a hurry to swap over RIFS from the first game to the second semi-only game).... I mean the RZR's were ok with my recoils and figured I'd try them in the MWS as my speed loaders were already primed with the RZR's...It wasn't until an hr into the game with my MWS and about 4 mags later that one shattered... Before then I was told they were fine to use even in a MWS..... Boy oh boy wasn't that a mistake! And the rest is history... 

I mean in a recoil mag, they should be fine and this particular one is brand spanking new and still stock! I was merely testing the stock range (which is a novelty to me lol) to see how it performs on 0.28's.... I was clearly not expecting one to split in half in the damn mag, that's for sure...... really bollocks!

p.s. how many times have I said bollocks in this thread already? 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Air voids are fairly normal on lower-end (and some mid range) BB's.

To be frank, why are you using Nuprol (well known for their quality issues) in the first place? I mean no disrespect when I say this, but you have a very expensive selection of blasters from what I have seen, I would have assumed you would be using absolute top-drawer BBs from the very outset.

Yeah I know, it was a combination of bad advice from a mate of mine saying RZR's would be fine in a recoil as that's all he ever ran with and me not digging deep into my kit bag to find my Geoffs... hey ho.. :(  Bollocks yeah?

Edited by AlphaBear
Counting the number of times I've said bollocks

33 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Yeah I know, it was a combination of bad advice from a mate of mine saying RZR's would be fine in a recoil as that's all he ever ran with and me not digging deep into my kit bag to find my Geoffs... hey ho.. :(  Bollocks yeah?

Sounds like you need to give your mate a good kicking. 😜

(woohoo, 500th post)

6 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

(woohoo, 500th post)

Milestone. Congrats 👍

9 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

(woohoo, 500th post)

Oh I did... believe you me...... I shot him on full auto even though he was on my side but he didn't realise it was me...🤣

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I suppose technically they should work, but there's the paper specs and there's reality as you've found out.

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Oh Goodness me that’s so bollocks for the retailer to say that. A bb should easily withstand 350fps, hell it should stand up 500 FPS

Even more, for the countries where fps limits are whatever the gun can do without exploding

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I suppose technically they should work, but there's the paper specs and there's reality as you've found out.

Even more, for the countries where fps limits are whatever the gun can do without exploding

Exactly. Makes you wonder what they use over in the states where the FPS limits are much higher. 

Anyway, I only use Geoffs and G&G’s. Fire support said use G&Gs in the MWS as they are ‘ard as nails designed to perform with higher power and able to withstand the brutality of GBBRs 

+1 for G&G BB's. Used to use them a lot when Z1 (my local) was still on friendly terms with G&G and you could buy them through them.

I ordered some sample packs of Valkyrie late last year to test and they seemed good to me. Reviews are also very good. As they are a BB-only company, I'd figure they take quality control seriously.

I only run G&Gs in my GBBR they are excellent, I actually prefer them to Geoffs which have caused some jams in my stock MWS before.

The thing about G&G's is that you can't seem to get heavier ammo than 0.3's... I bagged the last three packs of 0.3g from FS and if you want any more 0.3's you have to get them from Europe and we all know what a ball ache that is at the moment. 0.28's you can get easily but anything heavier >>> nope, nada, nein!

Macks is designated as a BB bitch fest tonight it seems lol...

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Macks is designated as a BB bitch fest tonight it seems lol...

We'll just say nuprol is the dreamer for selling cqb floor sweepings as new bb's :P

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

We'll just say nuprol is the dreamer for selling cqb floor sweepings as new bb's :P

More like the stuff of nightmares than dreams 🤣

Right, someone find a post about an overpriced TM recoil that we can all bitch about.... anyone.... lol

Edited by AlphaBear

41 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ares BBs seem to be the floor sweepings:

ares-amoeba-025g-1.jpg
ares-amoeba-025g-2.jpg

I tested some bio BBs a while back and the 0.25g Nuprols actually seemed pretty reasonable, however the 0.20g Nuprols I tested were a quite soft & easy to deform. I guess how good/bad they are probably varies by weight/composition/whether they're bio or not as well as from batch to batch etc...

The G&G 0.25s seemed ok but I found air bubbles in some of them. Geoffs seem to be the best overall out of all of the BBs I tested (I did notice they were a little on the softer side, but didn't think they were soft enough to be concerned about... that may be an issue for GBBRs though).

Guys looks like we have entered the Matrix with this one. How many for sale 🤷🏻‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Ad_ said:

ares-amoeba-025g-1.jpg
ares-amoeba-025g-2.jpg

I tested some bio BBs a while back and the 0.25g Nuprols actually seemed pretty reasonable, however the 0.20g Nuprols I tested were a quite soft & easy to deform. I guess how good/bad they are probably varies by weight/composition/whether they're bio or not as well as from batch to batch etc...

The G&G 0.25s seemed ok but I found air bubbles in some of them. Geoffs seem to be the best overall out of all of the BBs I tested (I did notice they were a little on the softer side, but didn't think they were soft enough to be concerned about... that may be an issue for GBBRs though).

Thing about BBs is the OEMs are all hush hush. People say Geoffs are the best. Well that’s what I’ve heard so that’s what I believe. But are they? Are they really the best? I mean Geoffs don’t manufacture right? They just repackage from an OEM right? Or do they actually manufacture? I’ve heard BLS are superb too. Yet don’t see many places selling them? Are they an OEM? Some people say Lomgbow are awesome too. Again the same questions. All these three brands are more expensive than the average brand so do we assume they are more superior in quality. You get what you pay for? Ok we know Nuprol are bollocks yet they cost more than similar quality brands. 

Edited by AlphaBear

So many 'rare' items!

A CYMA AK74 for full retail.

I am too overwhelmed to go on.  

25 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Thing about BBs is the OEMs are all hush hush. People say Geoffs are the best. Well that’s what I’ve heard so that’s what I believe. But are they? Are they really the best? I mean Geoffs don’t manufacture right? They just repackage from an OEM right? Or do they actually manufacture? I’ve heard BLS are superb too. Yet don’t see many places selling them? Are they an OEM? Some people say Lomgbow are awesome too. Again the same questions. All these three brands are more expensive than the average brand so do we assume they are more superior in quality. You get what you pay for? Ok we know Nuprol are bollocks.

That's why I decided to get some BBs of various brands to examine and come to my own conclusions. AFAIK there are only a handful of OEM BB manufacturers (all seemingly based in Taiwan - I can't think of any BBs I've used that weren't made in Taiwan) that the various Airsoft brands buy from, with the only real difference being the material spec/tolerances/cost.

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

The reply from the on-site retailer who we’d just bought them from ? “Well obviously your gun was hot so it put too much strain on the BBs and THATS why they shattered !” 😳

Wow. That's a spechul arsesoft supplies level of customer service. To accuse a customer of cheating rather than admit there could be a problem with something they sold is just cuntish 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Best thing is the site has a 450 limit on bolt actions and my mates gun was a very nicely set up L96 that was doing exactly 445 right on the nose near every time .

11 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

So many 'rare' items!

A CYMA AK74 for full retail.

I am too overwhelmed to go on.  

Yes a Cyma AK74 that a 47 ! 🤦‍♂️ Don’t know about you lot but me’s definitely getting a ‘retailer clearing out there part-ex Cupboard’ vibe from this persons adverts ? 

11 hours ago, Ad_ said:

ares-amoeba-025g-1.jpg
ares-amoeba-025g-2.jpg

That's interesting. Was going to try those BBs when they came into stock at Fire support, glad I didn't now. Find the G&G BBs good for lighter weights (0.25 & 0.28g). Used Geoffs at a couple of different weight and been pleased with them. Most recently got a few bags of Airsoft Surgeon 0.30g and seem decent enough in backyard testing. Will have to use them in a skirmish or two to get the full experience.  

I get that with BBs it’s not an exact science. And yes the quality of the plastic and how the bb is created has an affect for sure. What works with one gun may not necessarily work with another. I was talking to a mate who uses Green Devils coz his site dictates their use as mandatory. This brand of BB worked fine in a PTW and a MWS yet in a GBLS it got smashed to bits. Go figure. You’d think the MWS being a GBBR would have been the one that destroyed it. 

17 minutes ago, DerDer said:

That's interesting. Was going to try those BBs when they came into stock at Fire support, glad I didn't now. Find the G&G BBs good for lighter weights (0.25 & 0.28g). Used Geoffs at a couple of different weight and been pleased with them. Most recently got a few bags of Airsoft Surgeon 0.30g and seem decent enough in backyard testing. Will have to use them in a skirmish or two to get the full experience.  

I’ll be trying the 0.3 G&Gs in the MWS and PTW and see how they fair when we start playing again. I’ve used 0.3 Geoffs and they seem fine. I’ve not gone with a higher weight unless it’s with my DMR then it’s 0.4 Geoffs. I’m actually eager to see what the MK23 does with 0.4’s too.