Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

There is another question unanswered here though; who the FUCK buys a Vector brand new, BEFORE they have got a UKARA number? 

I think most people (certainly on this forum where a lot of sense is talked) spend a few games as a rental, realise it is great and then go and buy something for £100-150 (maybe push that up to £250 if you have a disposable income and want to get extras). But the guy selling this decided his intro to airsoft would be some absolute top of the line bit of kit and was willing to let someone paint it pink so that he could have it before he even tried the sport out? 

Never mind the underhand nature of the sale, would you trust someone who was that stupid?? 

5 minutes ago, DRay said:

There is another question unanswered here though; who the FUCK buys a Vector brand new, BEFORE they have got a UKARA number? 

I think most people (certainly on this forum where a lot of sense is talked) spend a few games as a rental, realise it is great and then go and buy something for £100-150 (maybe push that up to £250 if you have a disposable income and want to get extras). But the guy selling this decided his intro to airsoft would be some absolute top of the line bit of kit and was willing to let someone paint it pink so that he could have it before he even tried the sport out? 

Never mind the underhand nature of the sale, would you trust someone who was that stupid?? 

This is the GBBR version, so yes arguably even less suitable for a beginner but each to their own. Also you can't say for sure that they'd never tried airsoft, bearing in mind these have been discontinued for some time and under 18's can't obtain UKARA, regardless of how long or how many times they've played. Not really for us to say whether that in itself is stupid or not.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
41 minutes ago, DRay said:

Here's a question - why do you think this is the case?

Nothing in the seller's advert implies they're new to Airsoft. E2: Apologies @DRayI misread your post!

E: I don't think the seller did *much* wrong for what it's worth. I think it was a dick move to sell a former two-tone, for sure. I think making it a site rule to state whether it's been resprayed would be a good move.

Equally though, I think "caveat emptor", "sold as seen" etc. holds true here. To me, admittedly after I've been told it's been painted over, there are clear signs the RIF's been sprayed.

I would have expected the seller to do a little more due dilligence before buying - I'd imagine they were blinded by the scarcity of the RIF and wanting to grab it before someone else did.

34 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

This is the GBBR version, so yes arguably even less suitable for a beginner but each to their own. Also you can't say for sure that they'd never tried airsoft, bearing in mind these have been discontinued for some time and under 18's can't obtain UKARA, regardless of how long or how many times they've played. Not really for us to say whether that in itself is stupid or not.

I don’t know many under 18s but having been one a couple of decades ago I couldn’t have afforded a vector! 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

When KWA Vectors first released, they were available for - I want to say - at least a year before Kriss cancelled their partnership with KWA. So the two-tone aspect would've been done when it was a normal gun, on sale for a normal price I reckon.

The nature of this sale it seems stems around the fact it was a perceived bargain. We all want a bargain let’s face it... The rarity of the item adds to it. For some it’s a grail piece for others it’s a weird looking GBBR and would never bat an eye lid at it. Regardless of what it is the buyer should always do due diligence and ask questions. Assume nothing! 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

But does it though?

The seller (rightly) listed other flaws with the gun (i.e. cracked magazine shrouds) - but neglected to mention a big show-stopper for a lot of people. That, IMO, is misrepresentation.

Hopefully the buyer will raise a dispute (assuming they used PayPal). I would apoplectic with rage if this had happened to me.

Caveat Emptor absolutely applies, it's a second hand sale so the buyer HAS to be aware that there may be some flaws not immediately visible in the advert. Is it a dick move to not say it's got a gopping paintjob? Probably, yes. Does it interfere with the function of the gun? No. As such it's fit for purpose and the paintjob only affects the potential sale value (which is probably why it didn't get mentioned but it may just be that the seller didn't think it was so bad as to be an issue).

I do agree though that repainted two tones should be declared as such, but in this case as I said earlier, you can clearly see it's been repainted at some point from the advert pictures.

Out of curiosity, As an airsoft replica is a gas Vector fun to use? I’ve actually never seen anyone use one ever! And if they have been discontinued what about after market parts etc... time to YouTube this and see what that fuss is all about ;)

I would say if the seller has been shy around the truth with painting what else has he not told the buyer?

Firstly is a used KWA Vector GBBR worth that money, for me yes - its discontinued so you won't find one in new condition unless you pay big bucks i reckon.

So you are paying £800 quid for a used item the seller has listed some issues but missed of something that could potentially make a difference to the price. What else has the seller not told the buyer?

I reckon the majority of people buy of here on good faith and 99% of the time it works out as we are all honest however if you were the person who had bought this in goof faith only to discover it had been repainted poorly who you not question to overall honesty of the seller.

I must however say as @AlphaBearsays do you due diligence if its too good to be true it probably is.  

1 hour ago, DRay said:

I saw a brand new airsofter get an Ares L1A1 with wood stock two toned... 

1 hour ago, DRay said:

I think most people (certainly on this forum where a lot of sense is talked) spend a few games as a rental, realise it is great and then go and buy something for £100-150 (maybe push that up to £250 if you have a disposable income and want to get extras).

cringe

18 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

based 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

*shudders*

a note for new players- most folks won't judge you for having a 2-toned gun, it's a necessary evil and we get not everyone wants to serve their time renting. an orange m4, ak, g36 or mb01 isn't going to raise any eyebrows.

but 2-tone something rare and shiny and it's a different story.....

1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

Out of curiosity, As an airsoft replica is a gas Vector fun to use? I’ve actually never seen anyone use one ever! And if they have been discontinued what about after market parts etc... time to YouTube this and see what that fuss is all about ;)

Yes - epic amounts of fun 🙂

Selector switch that allowed single/2 round burst/ full auto.

Easy enough to dismantle and service as and when required.

It was available with a suppressor that had an extended inner barrel which helped the accuracy.

Heavy, but manageable.

Usual gas mags - heavy and only a limited round count

But it wasnt meant for "pay and spray" 

Yes, it looked like a nailgun, but i loved mine to bits.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Caveat Emptor absolutely applies

Yeh, you're probably right. Luckily PayPal offers 'over and above' buyer protection.

It boils my piss that there are sellers out there that will do such a thing though. If I sell something, I'm 100% honest about what I'm selling, warts'n'all listing all potential issues. The buyer can at least then make an informed decision about buying.

3 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Nope, absolutely terrible, stay well away 🤣🤣

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

No problem with the price, only the word Pants. Ffs we're British, they're called trousers 

AND you just know they call the scurmish site ‘the map’ ! 😖🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

Just spotted this on zeromong , Sooooo buys a new TM recoil decides doesn’t like it AND thinks they can sell it for 50quid more than the price of a new one ? 😳

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/electric-rifles-smg-s/3205963-tokyo-marui-mk18

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Just spotted this on zeromong , Sooooo buys a new TM recoil decides doesn’t like it AND thinks they can sell it for 50quid more than the price of a new one ? 😳

https://forums.zeroin.co.uk/forum/classifieds/rifles-smg-s-for-sale/electric-rifles-smg-s/3205963-tokyo-marui-mk18

jesus 650 big ones and it's not even ruined upgraded?

There’s a influx of Marui stock in the next 2-3 weeks so in theory used prices should fall. But yeah I saw this too and thought crikey and you all know I’m a Marui fan boy! 

I'm surprised he bought a SOPMOD battery with it too...Any decent retailer would have either sold an adapter to use deans lipos or done a Lipo mod.. and the thing is those SOPMOD butteries are close to £50/pop!! 

• Supporters

so £40 for an shs dsg, jg idler and a quite worn bevel that looks to be g&g

or brand new £14.50 for the shs gear and taking your pick of any of the 18:1 shs sets (even the internal bearing ones) works out sub £35

assuming the nozzle is indeed shs those are £4 new as well......

all in you're able to do an equivalent setup (using standard gears not the fancy ones) brand new from ak2m4 for £34 including shipping.

edit: on a side note i feel compelled to doubt the 55rps claim, assuming at that speed the piston survived long enough to register enough shots through a chrono i've not met a magazine, even the mighty cyma micap, that can feed beyond 50 reliably.

I don’t care what it’s performance is like. It could be the best RIF in the world. But who in their right mind thinks that ANYONE is going to pay £200 for that absolute monstrosity?? It looks like someone let a 9 year old design it. 

2DB0FEBB-D339-4EB3-A695-E37FCF0180B8.png

Look like something the fish men in stingray used lol

24 minutes ago, DRay said:

I don’t care what it’s performance is like. It could be the best RIF in the world. But who in their right mind thinks that ANYONE is going to pay £200 for that absolute monstrosity?? It looks like someone let a 9 year old design it. 

2DB0FEBB-D339-4EB3-A695-E37FCF0180B8.png

I dare say you've landed on the answer yourself in the question.

When us... more matured chaps were growing up the influences around us were very much in the 'present day' category, ARs, AKs, 1911s, Glocks. It's certainly no coincidence that these are still the most commonly produced replicas. Cinema, TV, video games... it was all largely depicitions of weaponry that was in present use that time. Take a look at the same media now, geared toward that audience, the aesthetic of popular modern media to the younger crowd is shifting toward this look (refering to whatever that weird JG thing is). Especially in video games...Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch to name just a few. Like it or not folks get conditioned to think this looks nothing like a 'cool gnu' because we learned what we perceive a gnu to look like when we were younger, the young 'uns nowaday likely have a slightly different idea of what makes a 'cool gnu'.

Side note, my opinion lines up with yours. I think it looks wank... but I was trying to present an actual answer to your question, despite the fact I suspect it was rhetorical.