Macks airsoft dreamers of the week thread

Mack
Message added by proffrink

Mod note: Yes, you can discuss any airsoft-related listing from any website in this thread. This includes listings on AF-UK itself.

Please stay on topic (i.e. about these items). Off-topic posts will be removed.

On 16/09/2023 at 10:23, Rogerborg said:

In that condition, yeah, £40, I might have made an offer, but I'm after one with a non-mullered front end to sort my equally glued-and-taped one.

This was definitely a "want the built in character" offer....

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Most don't fully (or partially) realise the depreciation this is likely a 90-95% of new to recover the initial cost of a bad entry into the hobby. 

Yup, that's the Buyer's Regret Starter Set.

With the current daft price of G&Gs it may not be too outrageous, depending on what what "GT" actually is and whether the "free" CM16 is functional at all.  Although I think the most likely case is that £550 is new price of the 3 guns.

Another lazy listing, bare minimum info, hasn't thought about postage or fees, and is expecting buyers to chase him saying "Pretty please, mister, tell me how much of a bargain I'm getting".  Best of luck with that.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

whether the "free" CM16 is functional at all. 

@Galvatronasked on the advert and got this reply

"it is in working order apart from when a mag is in, it just needs jolting back slightly to have no issues feeding. great for parts or starter project"

So that would be a no then.

1 hour ago, Super64 said:

"Modified Honey Badgers" in what way? Just slapped on a PEQ box (are they laser & LED, LED only or battery box?), a hand grip and a 552 RDS to be "tacticool" or in addition to the previous ergonomic mods, a comprehensive list of internal upgrades were made to give some semblance of justification for the price?

"Canadian Colt M4 with scope, modified...450fps" Modified to make it a hot AEG that a buyer would have to go to further expense and/or effort to make it legal or modified to safe or semi-auto only for a DMR?

I won't understand those who want to charge what looks like a huge markup worth but they won't be clear about what they're selling and itemise the "modified" bits to inspire any confidence.  At face value, £2500 would be generous, never mind £5000.

Unless all of the accessories are genuine, real steel items, genuine Peqs and Eotech’s etc, which they clearly aren’t, there is nothing here to justify £1000, never mind £5000. I wonder if he meant £500 and added an extra 0 by mistake.

On 15/09/2023 at 19:39, JinxDuh said:

He priced it based off of a TM that he saw, and thinks it's worth £70 in that state 😬 Maybe that price includes the hard drugs he's been ingesting prior to listing it?

He's now trying to justify a price of £80 claiming they're £170 new. A quick look on Google shows this is bullshit

8 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

So after being told his price is unreasonable he slapped an extra £10 on top?! 🤣

Yep. His break down of the costs of the non fucked parts is a joke

5 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Yep. His break down of the costs of the non fucked parts is a joke

I did wonder what the point was of listing those prices. Many of them are closer to failing now than they would have been brand new.

The argument of it being out of stock to justify the price is quite the reach. I don't imagine there is much demand for a less than cosmetically sound or fully functional RIF that had a low retail price to start with.

He probably saw that because the TM SPAS-12 with the folding stock is hugely valuable now it's discontinued, he could therefore price his broken MP5K accordingly as it's also discontinued.

24 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

The argument of it being out of stock to justify the price is quite the reach.

Especially when they're not out of stock everywhere. He's really throwing a tantrum over being called out on it

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/c02-powered/socom-gear-barrett-m107-co2-shell-ejecting-replica_i51565

It sounds really good, up until "THE GUN CURRENTLY DOES HAVE SOME WORKING ISSUES AND DOES NOT FIRE."

Considering when they was available at retail they was £1,799.99, £3k for a glorified wall hanger seems ever so slightly "dreamer" to me.

Are they really that desirable for somebody to cough up £3k for a dodgy airsoft gun?

8 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

https://www.usedairsoft.co.uk/rif-s/c02-powered/socom-gear-barrett-m107-co2-shell-ejecting-replica_i51565

It sounds really good, up until "THE GUN CURRENTLY DOES HAVE SOME WORKING ISSUES AND DOES NOT FIRE."

Considering when they was available at retail they was £1,799.99, £3k for a glorified wall hanger seems ever so slightly "dreamer" to me.

Are they really that desirable for somebody to cough up £3k for a dodgy airsoft gun?

How greedy to try and sell a non-firing "oNe Of A kInD" replica for almost twice the price which such bullshit reasons as "IT WAS USED FOR FIREARMS TRAINING!!!"

14 minutes ago, JinxDuh said:

What's up with the photos as well? The first is a stock photo, not the actual item, second is too distant, third is a picture of the magazine... um okay? Fourth is a montage that contains two photos of the magazine, two photos of the plastic case. How about some decent photos of the actual item?

1 minute ago, Neptune said:

What's up with the photos as well? The first is a stock photo, not the actual item, second is too distant, third is a picture of the magazine... um okay? Fourth is a montage that contains two photos of the magazine, two photos of the plastic case. How about some decent photos of the actual item?

You would think at that price, they would have pictures of the rifle itself at different angles to show as much of it as possible. I try to show as many close up sections of the stuff I'm selling as I can so people can see what they're getting. I love the typical "WE KNOW HOW TO GET THIS FIRING AND WITH THE RIGHT KNOWLEDGE APPLIED FROM A SKILLED ARMOURER OR GUNSMITH, THE GUN WILL FIRE." so... if you have the know how to get it firing, why would you not get it firing before hand, especially if it's as rare as they make it out to be?

• Supporters

This one is so "good", it needs a second mention, these were pretty crap when new (compared to the TM), this example is a pile of bolloxed shite, numerous faults & jerry rigged bodges, & a seller who won't even consider any aspect of his thread is flawed, especially the price lol, & responds with attitude. 

Some people just don't get it, if you want to bullshit or con people, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DO IT. 

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

This one is so "good", it needs a second mention, these were pretty crap when new (compared to the TM), this example is a pile of bolloxed shite, numerous faults & jerry rigged bodges, & a seller who won't even consider any aspect of his thread is flawed, especially the price lol, & responds with attitude. 

Some people just don't get it, if you want to bullshit or con people, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO DO IT. 

Apparently I've insulted him for calling him out, yet I'm the one with "learning disabilities or mental disabilities". What a fucking melt

Edited by Cannonfodder

I like the way he’s using an advert where you can buy it new for £110 as justification for saying it’s £170 new.

No constructive argument against the questions raised so just goes straight to insults - classic move that.

Think his ex is better off rid.