Do NOT buy from Flapjack

Undieing_Lust

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

290...Even more pissed off as on the Zeroin Forums he updated it 6 days ago selling it for 240...

Finally found the original sale description. "Looking to sell my ICS M4. This is the full metal version. A Magpul MOE stock, and hand guard have been added and a Magpul MVG will be included. It has also had a Surefire Flash hider added, giving it a unique look.[/size]

The rifle is superb,perfect choice for any airsofter. It was recently serviced, shimmed, greased, AOE corrected etc, I've also replaced the hop up rubber. [/size]ACOG sight is not included, a rear sight will be included in its place." [/size]

Didnt get the rear sight I might add.[/size]

Gutted for you., that's a lot of cash to lose. definitely don't gift anything more than £20 unless it actually is a gift. Some people are really shitty..

wow £290 is a lot I feel for you,

Its a shame you gifted it otherwise you could have just withdrew the money.

When you gifted the money did you leave a note? maybe you can contact paypal and try to get a refund i dont know

Doubt it'll work. Clearly states by paypal they can't protect your money when you gift it.

Guest PT247

maybe reporting him to Paypal may mean they lock his account anyway if you told them he told you to gift it as he is going outside of their T&Cs?

maybe reporting him to Paypal may mean they lock his account anyway if you told them he told you to gift it as he is going outside of their T&Cs?

They both went out the T&Cs when he bought something but gifted the cash.

Gutted for you., that's a lot of cash to lose. definitely don't gift anything more than £20 unless it actually is a gift. Some people are really sh*tty..

yes, when I was selling virtual gold, I had someone charge back for £2... no joke. Sorry for you man, try and message one of the mods, maybe they will lock his threads and you can talk before he scams anyone else

Since he's already been identified on ZeroIn we may as well let others know on here (in case of re-regging).

He seems to be pretty active on Facebook too. Lads names Jamie and he's from Dublin, Ireland. Just be weary those details if buying/ selling/ trading with someone as it may be Mr "Flapjack" undercover...

Not good , Always someone ready to take the pi$$ . Happens on many forums Air Rifles , Fishing etc they have no shame, People need to be informed when it happens in the hope it stops anyone else getting done .

Hope you get it sorted

• Supporters

I have a feeling that I may be lynched for posting this in here... But I've never had a problem with him. Bought an mp40 from him, and had none of this drama...

I'm amazed people even get away with crap like this when it comes to selling gear. Easy enough if the gun don't work and you find the issue and fix it easily, even if the gun was bought on a bargain, but the moment i saw that bent recoil spring,....jesus, this guy needs to be the posterchild for how to get lit up during a game!

I very nearly had a similar case when I got my M32 GL; the guy didnt specify that it was two toned, the locking spring lost tension and did next to nothing and the stock position teeth were worn to f***. But, for £85 alongside an easy fix, ended up being the biggest steal in terms of owning one :D

But yeah, Name and shame the guy. hunt him down, get his details, spread them across all his active boards and take it up with higher authorities. If you're lucky, you can get him done under the sales of goods act 1979; selling you something faulty without the backup of a guarantee, or evidence prior to the sale that it worked. Not sure if this covers personal transactions.

Edit: Here's a statement from someone at paypal concerning a similar issue:

"When a payment has been sent through the PayPal website, you only have 45 days from when the payment was sent in order to open a dispute on the transaction to try and get your money back. If the 45 day timeframe has passed, you can't open a dispute on the transaction through your account.

The next thing that I need to advise you is that Personal/Gift transactions are not covered under our Buyer Protection Policy. We would only advise that if you are purchasing goods or services that you select the correct options when making the payment through your account. This means that even if you were trying to open a dispute within 45 days from when the payment was sent, we would not be able to investigate it as it was sent as a Personal payment."

My best advice for you would be to contact your local police in order for them to investigate it further on your behalf. If your police require, they can contact PayPal directly in order to request any information that they need to assist them with their investigations.

Sadly OP is VERY unlikely to get anything back from Paypal, I had a similar experience a while back (though only over a £20 motor, still got robbed all the same). Once Paypal confirmed I couldn't open a dispute as it was gifted, I did however email them informing them of what had happened so at least they are aware the person is scamming people. Didn't help me but may possibly save others. Wasn't the guy referred to by OP btw.

• Supporters

Massively important to post people like this in as many places as possible.

Try the Airsoft Sales Feedback page on Facebook, they are a good way of checking lists of sellers for good and bad.

Sorry you have been hit this way but the best thing to do would be to get the word out. I will mention his name and direct people to this forum post and the zero in one.

Hmm seems I cant follow the zeroin link or find anything about feedback on him on there. It is massively suspicious that he is selling so many guns, and clearly wants "broken" guns. Hmmmm

Although you paid using paypal, did you fund it on a credit card? If so call them. Alt, you could always contact paypal and dare I say it.... lie! Say it was a modified HPA Nerf gun if asked, you have nothing to lose! If it somehow gets back to him and he tells them it was an RIF just stick with your original story! I know this is very bad of me to tell you this but it's your money and the guy's f***ed you over royally!

Although you paid using paypal, did you fund it on a credit card? If so call them. Alt, you could always contact paypal and dare I say it.... lie! Say it was a modified HPA Nerf gun if asked, you have nothing to lose! If it somehow gets back to him and he tells them it was an RIF just stick with your original story! I know this is very bad of me to tell you this but it's your money and the guy's f***ed you over royally!

Hes gifted it. Theres nothing paypal will do now. Although a credit card company may reverse it.

I dodged this then. I was interested in this riffle but I instead went for a gbbr instead. It's not nice being scammed. I was once ripped off on ebay paid 500 quid for a item was given a tracking number but order never arrived.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.