Quick Questions & Simple Answers.

Finius
Message added by Jedi_Master

When you ask a question please do so using red writing that way, it's easy for people scrolling down to find a question.

When you answer a question, please quote (this will make sure the person gets a notification and they can click on it to open your answer straight away and it also lets people answer questions from a while ago if there have been new questions since then) the question and reply in blue writing so we know it's an answer.

If you feel a question simply cannot be answered in one brief post, or is open for a lot of debate, create a topic to discuss it, and link the topic in your answer so everyone can find it.

• Supporters
On 18/09/2023 at 18:34, Tommikka said:

Maybe ….. Salisbury, but Basingstoke was also useful for a Salisbury - Andover - Basingstoke - London trip

Gotcha! 

• 1 month later...

I've just bought my first GBB pistol in a very long time - a TM P226 Rail. What is best practice for maintenance regarding the magazines and the pistol itself?

I know not to leave the mags gassed when not in use - got a 1911 mag somewhere that has swelled and no longer fits (from over a decade ago!)

Edited by Herrgh
Red text

1 hour ago, Herrgh said:

I know not to leave the mags gassed when not in use

Dude- the one thing you must do is leave your mags at least partially gassed.  Otherwise the seals will dry out and you'll have leak issues almost immediately .

Edited by Dan Robinson

On 22/10/2023 at 22:45, Dan Robinson said:

Dude- the one thing you must do is leave your mags at least partially gassed.  Otherwise the seals will dry out and you'll have leak issues almost immediately .

Gotcha. Any other tips for looking after it?

40 minutes ago, Herrgh said:

Gotcha. Any other tips for looking after it?

Field strip and clean it after use including barrel with a microfiber cloth strip and silicon oil on the moving parts and mag valves. Don't get oil on the hop rubber.

Does anyone have experience with, or know anything about, the BO Dynamics P90? It's King Arms OEM and they upgraded it with a MOSFET but IDK what they used exactly.

Can't seem to find much of anything on the internet about this and their own website doesn't have it listed, I assume it's because they're that old. I can only assume it's a simple MOSFET to protect the trigger contacts and let you use 11.1v safely rather than having any special functionality. All i've found about the King Arms P90s is that they're probably the best of the P90s before you get to Krytac and G&G.

P_20231024_153955.thumb.jpg.a47a0fc10f9b90df865310323d7c0e87.jpg

Edited by MrTea

Something very confusing to me, my M14 EBR suddenly had a malfunction, the cycle and fire  us normal, but it could not shoot BBs, and I found that the valve did not shoot gas in forward, after I disassemble and assemble again, the malfunction was fixed.The valve was NPAS.

By the way, A friend of mine in a red robe gave an incense burner and some purity seals, and suggest that I need to praise the Omnissiah.

But I want to solve this problem once and for all.

Does anyone know where I can find a Black Clawgear FR bacaclava or a clone in stock? (Doesn’t have to be FR)

I’ve exhausted my googlefu, Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress and DHgate 😅

• Supporters
20 minutes ago, AirsoftTed said:

Does anyone know where I can find a Black Clawgear FR bacaclava or a clone in stock? (Doesn’t have to be FR)

I’ve exhausted my googlefu, Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress and DHgate 😅

What specific features are you after?

40 minutes ago, Lozart said:

What specific features are you after?

+10 Agility, stealth and accuracy would be great.

What appeals to me about the Clawgear is the longer neck and the shape of it so I can keep it tucked into my shirt combined with the mouth piece being adjustable to come as close to the eye as possible or go under the chin when needed and for it to just be used as a buff. 

I know the versatile snood/hood/buff balaclavas are everywhere but I’m struggling to find one that A) looks like it achieves it as well as the Clawgear B) isn’t either so thin it’s see through or is the polar opposite and fleece lined. C) I’m not sure if it’s just me but most seem to look like they have a very short neck? 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, AirsoftTed said:

C) I’m not sure if it’s just me but most seem to look like they have a very short neck? 

It's not just you!

The Pentagon Kryptis might work for you https://www.pentagon-tactical.com/kryptis-balaklava not quite such a long neck but most of the ones that have that tend to be FR and that'll make you sweat like a paedo in Mothercare.

• 1 month later...

So I've lost the battery for my Well mp7 (tbh it was a bit crap anyway so it gives me an excuse to upgrade), would this be a suitable replacement or could anyone recommend something better or more suitable?

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

Thanks, all help appreciated 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

So I've lost the battery for my Well mp7 (tbh it was a bit crap anyway so it gives me an excuse to upgrade), would this be a suitable replacement or could anyone recommend something better or more suitable?

https://www.airsoftworld.net/world-exclusive-lithium-polymer-aep-battery-li-po-lipo-7-4v-550mah.html

Thanks, all help appreciated 

Hmm, I seem to recall that nimh AEP batteries aren't an exact fit in some AEP-based SMGs, but I don't recall the details.

Reviews say they work in Mac10s and Škorpions so I'd be optimistic.  Lipo does transform AEP response and ROF. Glue or tape the end cap on though!

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, I seem to recall that nimh AEP batteries aren't an exact fit in some AEP-based SMGs, but I don't recall the details.

Reviews say they work in Mac10s and Škorpions so I'd be optimistic.  Lipo does transform AEP response and ROF. Glue or tape the end cap on though!

Thanks. I've not in a hurry so I'll give it a go and see if I also need an adapter which I've read about. 

I sae on the reviews a few people mentioned the end caps coming off and the battery shorting so that'll make be the first thing I do

I've got the TM MP7 with this style of battery & keep getting it mixed up with the one from my MAC10, they're slightly different lengths despite being the same fitting & type.

so

Measure twice... cut once, the barrel end cap won't fit with the longer one.

406982080_24316906094591463_1733503932467976254_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

That's the one I've got (well, had). Apart from the improved trigger response and rof switching to lipos means I can stop using the cheap crappy charger that came with the gun

I decided to bite the bullet (or should that be bb?) and ordered the battery I linked to earlier. When it arrives I'll post if it fits and if the extra voltage causes any other problems

So the battery arrived and the good  news  is it fits. The bad news though is that it appears water must've gotten into the MP7 as the battery connectors have gone a nice green colour. I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2023 at 20:59, Charlie36 said:

Bought a new VFC Glock 45 and it only shoots bb’s every other cycle. Any suggestions? Have already tried multiple mags. 

What gas did you use? Is this green gas?

I think it's because the temperature, and if your magazine is hotter than the Gas bottle, you can only pump a little bit of gas in noce time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I have a Raven EU Series G18. I am forever trying to get hold of some more gas mags. 

Patrol Base, Combat South, Ebay, Tango Down Airsoft, Most other  usual haunts, none of which currently stock it. Seems to be a shortage. 

1. Why is there a shortage?

2. Where can I purchase a couple of mags. The average RRP is £25, but ideally looking between £20-£30.

P.s Apologies if this is the wrong place to pop a question but couldn't figure out where-else to ask, too many threads and chats...