The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Used the 416 for three games now. First time with GBBR, gas got colder as I played outside, muzzle velocity went from 349 fps to 140... Second time, warmed my mags against my body with a complex rotation system and used red gas, still quite underwhelming. Third time, used green gas but hand warmers in mag pouches, gleaming range but couldn't see fall of shot.

Now I have a scope. Will do a bit of zeroing and hop-up fine tuning next game.

20240217_180716.jpg

20240217_181017.jpg

20240217_181254.jpg

well,  haven't been keeping up here the past few months, so now time for a shotgun blast..

In November i purchased a Fobus holster for my Cybergun FN Five-seveN along with matching adapters so i can have it as a drop leg fitting or mount it to the MOLLE of my plate carrier, as i intend to start running it more regularly as my john wick hi-cappa is getting a bit war-weary.

i also bought a new sling and red dot sight, nothing special.

no purchases in December

January was just restocking consumables and bought some fill valve pins to replace leaking ones on my APS CAM shotgun shells

and finally February has seen me buy a G&G gas Lee Enfield No.4 from OnlyAirsoft, which i have only briefly fielded at the Gaol last weekend to get a feel for it around the outside of the buildings

lastly, a Krytac Kriss Vector arrived the other day from land warrior airsoft that i had pre-ordered back in November.  annoyingly though, Krytac haven't sent out the spare mags for them yet, so i am waiting for them to arrive before i can use it in anger... though i was shocked at how light the mag that came with the gun is considering its a 60 round gas mag.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Picked up a Steyr scout second-hand yesterday.

Used to have one, sold it as I had too many bolt actions.

Sold most of those, missed the scout and saw this at a good price.

Was very dirty inside, missing a screw on the trigger unit, but after a disassemble and cleaning is now running smoothly and putting out 2.2J on a 0.45.

Just need to test it out now!

20240218_221315~3.JPG

After a month of sourcing parts. I have converted this Evo Airsoft AK-104 exterior to the AK-204 model. The handguard was 3D printed. To my understanding, the closest thing to a stock airsoft model is the 2024 ELAK74M3 by E&L.

IMG_20240117_161355.thumb.jpg.35caf010fb203b240266e909847077de.jpg
869ee01528067ecec78d01dcdfc299fe.thumb.jpg.93e927fd12e012ac4d7bd5c71194bbc8.jpgIMG_20240219_164213.thumb.jpg.10dba9470d810e85b5e92b9df079b6bd.jpg

Picked up a M16A4 from a friend today for a good price, ordered an E&C M16A2 receiver with burst engraved, genuine M16 triangle for an M203, as well as an M203 and old school heat shield. Also bought a Gate Aster to have the burst mode.

All of this because I watched Generation Kill again. 

GK_Fick_M16A2.jpg

Not as cool as JinxDuh's post but my KyAirsoft order arrived today,

Quick back story... went to fit an Npas to my Scar-H & found some clot had already tried & failed, guess which spring just got installed & is working perfectly.

The mag floor plates unfortunately seem to be for the aeg version & will need a bit of fettling to stay on the mags.

428650476_24840738592208208_8272543025531441821_n.jpg

428645858_24840738882208179_5267996661432130620_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

On 20/02/2024 at 20:23, JinxDuh said:

Picked up a M16A4 from a 

All of this because I watched Generation Kill again. 

GK_Fick_M16A2.jpg

Funny story but I was an extra on that show. Had a couple of beers with the actual Eric Kocher and met Fruitty Rudy.

8 minutes ago, The_Roach said:

Funny story but I was an extra on that show. Had a couple of beers with the actual Eric Kocher and met Fruitty Rudy.

That’s awesome!

• Supporters

None more black.

image.thumb.jpeg.ec8409b216b9faf08cfde3a48c952cf6.jpeg

(extra points if you get the reference)

Wolverine mtw forged tactical with 4 extra mags.

Been promising myself I would get one and finally have. 

I think the bank manager just cried into his caviar.

4 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

Wolverine mtw forged tactical with 4 extra mags.

Been promising myself I would get one and finally have. 

I think the bank manager just cried into his caviar.

That was quick...

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

That was quick...

Quick? Only been pondering it for a year and finally ruled out going the mws route.

Just got a couple of holsters from Taiwangun, nothing too exciting, but I needed them for my WE Glock and my TM Hi-Capa. 

Also bought one of these mags to test, and am happy to stare they they fit and feed in both my Specna B06 and my ICS L85A2. I'll have to buy a few more now that I know they work!

https://www.taiwangun.com/midcap-magazine-aeg/150rd-enhanced-grip-polymer-magazine-for-ar-15-m4-black

Went to the "boot fair" at Driver wood yesterday. Took the youngests' pew and pistol as he's lost interest. Sold them. 😁

Ended up coming home with a CM16, red dot and the eldest boy bought a vorsk eu18. 

Not sure what I'm going to do with the CM. Maybe a dmr? Dunno. 

Bought from off here . . .

Screenshot_20240226-092123_Gallery.thumb.jpg.3d3b91c2025ab35504a3da4639da2c75.jpg

Quick release mag pouches, 4 x M4, 8 x double stack pistol.

I've no actual idea what I'm going to do with them though!

A very busy and stressful time at work sent me looking for retail therapy, so decided to venture back into the realms of a plate carrier for CQB and games where I don't need to carry as much kit.

Picked up a Ferro Slickster and triple 5.56 insert, arrived the next day and really happy with it. It seems comfortable and light, and should be exactly what I'm after :) Pics to follow once I've had a chance to try it out.

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Joined the gang

what attachments you planned for it?

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

what attachments you planned for it?

Boomarms mos plate on its way, along with a cutey ikle Trij Sro clone

Also just received a Kydex Customs Pro series holster, as the bare bones that I had was exactly that, and wouldn’t accept my qls attachment so as I could easily swap holsters over from my Hi Capa if I felt the need 

• Supporters

Finally bought a TM MTR16 G edition, been after one for ages …. I even have almost all its upgrades waiting (hop arm, hop rubber, buffer, rocket valve, nozzle spring etc) …. Just waiting for the inner barrel, foregrip and short dot to arrive 🤣🤣🤣🤣

if anyone asks, at the time of purchase, I was unsupervised 😉😉

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Joined the gang

IMG_1640.thumb.jpeg.adabb6a5eb73f37e98e5a364936cc575.jpeg

It seems fitting that they've packaged it up like an iPhone.