The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

6 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

That's good to hear! I'm an absolute sweat monster, even before I begin, and it seems my son is following suit. 

I've used my issued Sawfly, Bolle glasses and goggles and currently use Bloc, all of which fog, so this was a desperate gamble 😂

I'm sure you've seen the YouTube vids (especially the Exfog dude getting massively emotional!) highlighting the flimsy case, but my sone will wear his in a pouch on his helmet, and I'm going to botch fit some sort of pouch (tape and cable ties probably) to my boonie. 

Appreciate the feedback on the mag connector too, as I was a little dubious.

Yep - i think actually, the current batch have been reinforced following feedback, so you are probably ok. I keep on meaning to put some velcro and a patch on the back of mine to reinforce it, but never got round to it. Just take care when using the supplied punch to make the hole at the top of the goggles - that you both get it in the right location (i tried to get it as close to the lens as i could for comfort), and that you don't scratch the lense. Masking tape to protect the lens and a wooden block under the rubber goggle surround to elevate it/give a firm surface against which to hammer the punch through worked for me.

1 hour ago, The_Lord_Poncho said:

Yep - i think actually, the current batch have been reinforced following feedback, so you are probably ok. I keep on meaning to put some velcro and a patch on the back of mine to reinforce it, but never got round to it. Just take care when using the supplied punch to make the hole at the top of the goggles - that you both get it in the right location (i tried to get it as close to the lens as i could for comfort), and that you don't scratch the lense. Masking tape to protect the lens and a wooden block under the rubber goggle surround to elevate it/give a firm surface against which to hammer the punch through worked for me.

Thanks buddy. That's the only bit that concerns me as I'm as subtle as rhino when it comes to using a hammer! 

**update** It went surprisingly well, considering the supplied punch is about as much use as tits on a fish. Now I just need to find a couple of counterweight pouches, and a battery pouch I can bodge onto a boonie. 

Edited by C-Diddy
Updated post

2 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Thanks buddy. That's the only bit that concerns me as I'm as subtle as rhino when it comes to using a hammer! 

**update** It went surprisingly well, considering the supplied punch is about as much use as tits on a fish. Now I just need to find a couple of counterweight pouches, and a battery pouch I can bodge onto a boonie. 

Hi bud.

Did you get your bloc eyepro at the n.a.e?

I bought a pair from their stand but on the understanding that if they fogged they would have them back and I would have my £50 refunded.

I'm like you and sweat worse than a nun in a cucumber field. 

However they worked and although I played hard they didn't fog👍

Regards 

Mk23 from Action Hobbies boneyard for £17 - just have to remove the franken-jobbed mp5 stock. 

And a set of 3d print furniture for a Mk23 bought on ebay for £31. 

So gives me something else for an opfor loadout for not a lot of money (once I scrape the glue and stock off)

20231013_185949.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hi bud.

Did you get your bloc eyepro at the n.a.e?

I bought a pair from their stand but on the understanding that if they fogged they would have them back and I would have my £50 refunded.

I'm like you and sweat worse than a nun in a cucumber field. 

However they worked and although I played hard they didn't fog👍

Regards 

Hey bud.

No, I bought mine a while ago. To be fair, they're the best of the bunch, and when you're moving, they're pretty good. As soon as I stop though it's like being in Jack the Ripper's London, hence the trial with the AFU. 

I did have an issue with the Bloc's where, after a BB strike on the lens at the bridge of the nose, a crack appeared. I contacted them on Insta and their customer service was great. They asked for the lens to be sent back so they could investigate, and replaced it FOC. 

6 minutes ago, OTH21 said:

Mk23 from Action Hobbies boneyard for £17 - just have to remove the franken-jobbed mp5 stock. 

So gives me something else for an opfor loadout for not a lot of money (once I scrape the glue and stock off)

20231013_185949.jpg

This is what happens when cousins like each other too much! 

12 minutes ago, OTH21 said:

I wondered who bought that abomination!

9 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

I did have an issue with the Bloc's where, after a BB strike on the lens at the bridge of the nose, a crack appeared. I contacted them on Insta and their customer service was great. They asked for the lens to be sent back so they could investigate, and replaced it FOC. 

This is what happens when cousins like each other too much! 

That's good to know about their CS.  You weren't at the Ascension Research event last weekend were you as someone was talking about their Blocs breaking in the same place.  I'm just wondering how widespread of an issue that is.  But if they sort it should it occur, that's nice to know.  

34 minutes ago, MrTea said:

I wondered who bought that abomination!

A bit of Stanley knife action and screw driver for leverage got the mp5 stock off, I'll scrape what I can of the remaining residue, sniper tape over it and job done.

20231013_203818.jpg

I got the Flecktarn Field Gear about a month ago, ordered up some G3 mag pouches & some more G3 mags which were delivered today (god knows when I'll ever need 8 Hi-caps in a game tho).

All I need is a P38 to pop in the holster & I'm finished...

or maybe a couple of spare mags for it too...

& a mag pouch or 2 for the pistol mags...

& a flecktarn bergen...

& a M1960 helmet...

Oh, bugger...

More inportantly tho... I spent a whopping £7 getting the local alteration shop to move the belt attachments so I can wear this webbing comfortably.

387875164_23959832060298870_5995068382908515722_n.jpg

392798816_23959832896965453_7205247830092352656_n.jpg

387876483_23959834083632001_6890358361503408476_n.jpg

392802230_23959833373632072_3411946412375906609_n.jpg

Edited by gavinkempsell

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

That's good to know about their CS.  You weren't at the Ascension Research event last weekend were you as someone was talking about their Blocs breaking in the same place.  I'm just wondering how widespread of an issue that is.  But if they sort it should it occur, that's nice to know.  

No, not me buddy. Interestingly, I broke the replacement set in the same place when I was changing lenses. Given the design, I guess that's always going to be the weak spot, but my Sawflys have survived many a lens change over the past eight years. 

LIke I said though, their customer service was spot on and their response time on Insta was really good. Absolutely cannot fault them for that, and instead applaud them for showing far more care than so many other established brands. 

Got a current issue AMCU chest rig and 35L "medium" pack coming from Australia, wasn't cheap but super happy.

received_839046707892951.jpeg

received_288315080815023.jpeg

I believe this is a Zero One G33 Style flip-to-side 3x Magnifier. The magnifier itself is actually pretty clear without any noticeable warping/deformation at the edges but the eye box is really tight. Not all that bothered about it's downsides, I bought it for looks rather than functionality. I'll have to try slapping it on a rifle and seeing how well it works for spotting. Picked it up for £15 which a good deal when they're £75 RRP.

P_20231017_121227.thumb.jpg.f84b837cba0a5460b33b1fda155b7467.jpg

No comms, no bombs, right

**edit** forgot to say, I ordered these from the Earmor store. I put everything in my basket, then got distracted, went to do something else, and by the time I returned, they'd emailed me a 15% discount code, so, you know, save yourselves some money 🤙

20231020_171502.thumb.jpg.bb39f0a6c0f776fca8e3373190c82765.jpg

Edited by C-Diddy
To add money saving tip!

On 20/10/2023 at 17:23, C-Diddy said:

**edit** forgot to say, I ordered these from the Earmor store. I put everything in my basket, then got distracted, went to do something else, and by the time I returned, they'd emailed me a 15% discount code, so, you know, save yourselves some money 🤙

Handy bit of advice! Will keep this in mind when I eventually fall down the comms rabbithole [me and my mate just got our first comms, a set of Baofeng-888S which considering it was like 20-something quid; two units, two chargers and two sets of all the accessories plus a nice little.. poundland in-ear microphone each really isn't too bad!], PTT looks like an terrifying money pit and I dare not put a foot in that puddle just yet or I might end up homeless.

Speaking of things I've bought - I decided to get brave and take down the fire-control group on my WE G18c that I bought off here second hand and promptly fixed, then modified, then restored to it's rightful status as a WE G18 (completely fucking broken lmao) and turns out the hammer wasn't a fan of.. full auto mag-dumping with an aftermarket +50% or so recoil spring. In 28 degree weather. Using red gas. Four times in quick succession.

lc4wdp.png 578r98.png 

Turns out, these are supposed to be together...

It might have been a little moment of weakness, but - my nephew thought it was the coolest thing ever! Steel replacements have been ordered for the entire hammer assembly alongside a new return spring (the old one decided to snap in half when I took a pair of pliers to it and embeded spring steel powder in my middle finger, wasn't the nicest!) alongside some of the annoying springs in-case they decide to ping off the bloody thing into outer space to never be witnessed by a human being ever again. Plus an enhanced nozzle to install when the green one either explodes from red-gas abuse or when I can be bothered.

Now all I need is a BlackHawk for the thing but poor Klarna's been abused enough for one week.

Amen.

MOLLE grenade pouch also on the way for the little Novritsch gas refiller container thingy.

On 20/10/2023 at 17:23, C-Diddy said:

I’ve heard mixed reviews about the Earmors but keep looking at them, let me know what you think of them!

33 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

I’ve heard mixed reviews about the Earmors but keep looking at them, let me know what you think of them!

I think there's mixed reviews about everything 😂

Just testing them in the house (me in the kitchen, the lad upstairs) with Naofeng UV5-Rs, they work and the sound is clear from the mics and through the headset speakers. They seem well made, are comfortable and they look like theyll stand up to a BB hit or two, so that's good enough for me. What they'll be like in the field is a different matter of course.

My hearing is already shot, so the noise reduction is too little too late, but should reduce the 'what the fuck was that' moments when a tag round lands near you. 

Overall, first impressions decent but reserving judgement as always.

I have the Earmor M20-T which are the ear-plug style ones. It has outside mode (more sound amplification), indoor (less sound amplification) and silent (no amplification). They cut out loud sound very well for only being ear plugs. I tested them in my garage with a 9mm blank and they cut out all of the 'loudness' of noise while it's still audible but safe enough for your hearing.

Do the Earmor M32 totally cut out all sound when they detect something loud or do they just reduce it? I'm asking as I have an unknown brand headset which totally cuts out all audio when something is too loud rather than just reducing it.

Edited by MrTea

Ah fair enough, I think I've heard that the quality isn't great and some have been known to fall apart. But like you say, which product doesn't have mixed reviews!

Ditto on the hearing front.. my only concern is losing the ability to hear what's going on around me so it would be interesting to know about how they are with ambient noise.

I've heard the same things, but I really don't want to be splashing out on Peltors, so we'll see. It'll be a little while til I can try them in a game sadly, but I'm hoping they'll be better than the in-ear and fist mic set-up they've replaced. 

@MrTeathe headsets are rated NR22, which, I believe, reduces noise to a 'safe' level, rather than blocking it completely. Sounds similar to the earbuds you have.  

Scalarworks repro, very good/impressed.

Warhead brushless, fitted up with Lonex helical pinion.

IMG_4619.jpeg

Get all the metal parts cerakoted soon, then I can build it up properly.

For anyone interested the Vector Optics 1x prism has to be THE best quality and value for money optic I’ve ever encountered.

Edited by Davegolf

On 22/10/2023 at 13:36, MrTea said:

Do the Earmor M32 totally cut out all sound when they detect something loud or do they just reduce it? I'm asking as I have an unknown brand headset which totally cuts out all audio when something is too loud rather than just reducing it.

My M32’s reduce the sound to a ‘pop’ rather than kill the sound, and that’s playing in some very tight CQB environments.

They also give different levels of hearing.  I have them set one setting above normal as that gives me a bit of an edge without being too overwhelming.  They’re a bit ‘tinny’

when cranked up all the way, and there’s a bit of background hiss, but they’re excellent and I’ll buy another pair as/when these die

Nothing special i know, but I've Just bought that silicone insert for the Odin.....wow!  It makes a mahoosive difference. 

Thinking I'm going to have another crack at using mid caps.  Have learnt that my Odin spits out 12 bbs for every turn, which hopefully will help me lift the curse of poorly feeding mags. 

Edited by Dan Robinson