Why are TM always for sale?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don’t understand, considering TM has a great reputation, loyal fan base and they provide some good guns to the market… why are they always seemingly for sale? 
especially the rifles/DMR variants. 

maybe it’s just me, I am pathetic and spend far too much time on selling sites. 

This isn’t To start a TM rules debate or my brand is better than your brand. But people spend a lot of money on them and then sell them in fairly quickly

Picture of the tactical retriever. Hope that one day she will be able to pick up all the mags I drop or lose 🥲

IMG_9346.jpeg

They're one of the most popular and long-standing brands, so it's only natural that you see more of them being sold and bought.

Also as has been mentioned, airsofters are fickle, someone will pile a load of money into a build, still feel unfulfilled and sell it to justify  moving onto the next one.

I think some good reasons have already been given, but it could also be impacted by people getting into the sport and learning to do basic teching over time. Once you know how to change out a hop rubber, nub and barrel, you can get a Cyma, change out those parts and have a gun that shoots better than a TM for a fraction of the price.

Could be impacted by airsofter's wives too. "You spent what on that new gun?"

9 hours ago, Tackle said:

My take:

1. most airsofters are fickle, me included, one minute "x" gun is the best thing since sliced bread, 5 minutes later, there's something new their going gooey eyed over. 

2. TM are considered a sound investment & hold their money better than most brands, so when moneys needed quick, you know you'll not lose much flogging it. 

I'm definitely a sucker for this.... I'll spend months reviewing something, I'll look up every possible combination of accessories to go with it, eventually buy it, a week later something shiny catches my attention and the process repeats itself... Like an ADHD magpie...

59 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

For modified examples it's much more simple:

1. Coating it in superglue and dragging it through the prometheus catalogue is not the same thing as actually improving the performance.

this needs to be printed everywhere and shouted as a war cry before games 

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

For modified examples it's much more simple:

1. Coating it in superglue and dragging it through the prometheus catalogue is not the same thing as actually improving the performance.

I feel attacked

On 16/01/2024 at 00:21, AttackBunny said:

I don’t understand, considering TM has a great reputation, loyal fan base and they provide some good guns to the market… why are they always seemingly for sale? especially the rifles/DMR variants.

There are a lot of reasons.

1. TM have an excellent reputation for making reliable, accurate and reasonably affordable guns, so they sell a lot of them new. A lot of new guns sold means a bigger pool of used guns.
  2. TM make very reliable guns, so they last a long time. A TM might be resold multiple times when something cheaper was scrapped by its second (or even first!) owner, so again - a bigger pool of used guns.
  3. TM make some relatively high-end stuff, especially the NGRS/MWS rifles you're probably talking about. Guns like that are very expensive, so when people don't want them any more they sell them to get the money, rather than forget about them in the loft. A £100 SRC might not be worth the trouble of selling - a £700 Recoil Shock is a different proposition. Expensive guns are also worth repairing when things go wrong, prolonging their lifespan where a cheaper gun that suffered the same failure might have been scrapped.
  4. People that can afford to buy high-end stuff can afford to chop and change more frequently.
  5. People that can't afford to buy high-end stuff but did so anyway need to sell stuff more frequently.
Edited by PureSilver

7 hours ago, _K4MF_ said:

Fully modified...

You've made the classic error of not listing the upgrades or cost of each upgrade which would ultimately double the asking price... rookie mistake.

8 hours ago, _K4MF_ said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 Fantastically worded, Sir. 

Fully modified...

Evike Custom "Optic Thunder" M4 Airsoft AEG Rifle, Airsoft Guns, Grenade  Launchers - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

Tactical spoon! Cool!

2 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

Tactical spork! Cool!

;)

Edited by gavinkempsell

I guess it’s the same with any Ford; more of them on the road than anything else so you see more for sale. 

I guess this answers my question though thank you. Quality remains quality; and if they keep their value I guess it makes the most sense to move them on. 

I just see a lot of adverts for TM guns (by the way you can list TM guns for sale without having everything in caps) 

5 minutes ago, AttackBunny said:

I guess it’s the same with any Ford; more of them on the road than anything else so you see more for sale. 

More like BMW’s

Largest manufacturer/retailer of “luxury” vehicles in the uk

Residual values make them easy & relatively cheap to finance, but folk are forced to change them at the end of their pcp term

The vehicles get offloaded onto the marketplace at the end of term

Dont get me started with what happened when the Olympics were in london

all of the official cars were BMW’s , and were put to the auctions in bulk

Private owners cars values plummeted! 😂

1 minute ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Private owners cars values plummeted!

But Landan is in a different country to us... it's a long way to get an olympic BMW.

2 minutes ago, gavinkempsell said:

But Landan is in a different country to us... it's a long way to get an olympic BMW.

There was a 911 992 GT3 at 130k at Porsche Perth just before Christmas, the first time one has been below list price for nearly 2 years, and its because the entire UK car market is affected by a 5+ percent downturn in values across the board - What happens in London affects the entire UK on residuals.

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

;)

It isn't a spork.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.