PS5 for Christmas

DaktariT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

😜

images (82).jpg

• Supporters

As someone who was looking to "upgrade" from 4 to 5, are the actual graphics etc enough of an improvement to justify the additional expense. 

I don't actually get to play that much so I'm reluctant to buy an overpriced paperweight, especially as my lad is an xbox user (poof😜), don't want him taking the piss out out of me too. 

I've always been a pc gamer but got an Xbox last year as MW & Warthunder kept crashing due to my apparently shitty pc graphics card. Can't get used to using a controller so only play games I can use a keyboard & mouse (very few so my xbox is a glorified netflix player).

1 minute ago, DaktariT said:

The graphics are getting better but to me the games aren't getting better, I think the industry is getting stuck in a rut.

Baldurs Gate 3. What i'd consider an almost perfect game. Demolished the competition at The Game Awards resulting a lot of seething from Spiderman fans.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters
1 minute ago, DaktariT said:

The graphics are getting better but to me the games aren't getting better, I think the industry is getting stuck in a rut.

The missus got me the latest mw3 (PS4) for Xmas, only had a chance to try it for half an hour, kinda disappointed that it's mainly old maps tarted up, leaves you feeling shortchanged ? 

7 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Baldurs Gate 3. What i'd consider an almost perfect game. Demolished the competition at The Game Awards resulting a lot of seething from Spiderman fans.

Played the original from the early 2000's on the PC, may be in my wishlist. Getting the feeling that I should just stick to the single player offline but the sods make it so you have to pay for the online services for the updates (I'm that much of a fossil I maybe mistaken).

9 minutes ago, Tackle said:

The missus got me the latest mw3 (PS4) for Xmas, only had a chance to try it for half an hour, kinda disappointed that it's mainly old maps tarted up, leaves you feeling shortchanged ? 

I got that feeling, but also got to the point of frustration that I nearly put the TV through, PS5 is currently in it's box in the loft.

41 minutes ago, Tackle said:

As someone who was looking to "upgrade" from 4 to 5, are the actual graphics etc enough of an improvement to justify the additional expense. 

I don't actually get to play that much so I'm reluctant to buy an overpriced paperweight, especially as my lad is an xbox user (poof😜), don't want him taking the piss out out of me too. 

The difference, for me, is the load times. Whilst I'm an Xbox user (yeah yeah, I know), the new generation has a game loaded and ready to play in seconds rather than minutes. Playing older games on series X makes some games that could be really frustrating on old gen much, much better to play - Fallout 4 springs to mind.

On the other hand - as a born-again PC gamer (finally bought a new rig at the beginning of the year) I now barely play console.

19 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

Getting the feeling that I should just stick to the single player offline

I played it offline the whole way through and it was a quality time because I wasn't taken out of my immersion by other people.

21 minutes ago, DaktariT said:

but the sods make it so you have to pay for the online services for the updates (I'm that much of a fossil I maybe mistaken).

On console, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

This really doesn't surprise me, I gave up on online gaming when MW3 first came out due to a combination of the number of hackers and the general pay to win bullshit. Since then I've stuck with the single player offline games

Having posted that I'll upgrade to a PS4 if the reboot of Hogs of War happens

On 28/12/2023 at 21:55, Cannonfodder said:

Having posted that I'll upgrade to a PS4 if the reboot of Hogs of War happens

I see you fellow man of culture! I've bought one of those retro emulation console devices so I can play old stuff like this.

Edited by MrTea

1 minute ago, MrTea said:

I see you fellow man of culture! I've bought one of those retro emulation console devices so I can play old stuff like this.

Me and a mate have a weekly gaming night where we play the original as it runs on his old ps2.

I've always said the old games were better as the designers knew the graphics weren't great so more effort was put into making the gameplay better. To me it seems that modern game developers rely too much on how good the graphics are and the multiplayer side of it

I played games for year and drifted from console to pc amd pc to console then back to pc.

Gaming has certainly lost its way in the mainstream, so many 'new' games are just the same old things with shinier skins. For me consoles since xb360 have been on the downward spiral. PC and indie developers, who dont have the resources for AAA graphics are a much better bet. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Krisz said:

I'm gonna go to hell for this. 🥺

7p61jweeme451.jpg

images (83).jpg

PS5 is way better than PS4. I have both.

HDMI 2.1 really makes the most of the graphics too.

Am more into GT7 / racing sims, so can’t really pass comment on the shooters, mate recommended me one yesterday but can’t remember which one it was.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.